Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by YaYa_521, Nov 10, 2021.

1. HM99

HM99 Well-Known Member

Great news!
    Good thing the lady needed to drive somewhere that day. If not, that baby might not have been found alive and well.

2. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Time to eat my phone. I did not expect thus outcome, but I am so glad to be wrong.

mewmew, abr, CarmelEyesD and 7 others like this.
  3. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

OMG! What a fantastic outcome. I have to be honest, I was all over about this! So happy he is safe! I'm sure they like many of us will get a little more aware/defensive and careful.... Now that he is safe, Who the Hell took that car and put this child in serious harm? IMO.

4. Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake Member

This is a bizarre situation. I think there's something weird going on here. When kids are abducted they're normally found in another state and the vehicle abandoned somewhere along the way with the car seat still in it. The events of what happened seem odd. No grocery stores are open at 1am.

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

Wow!! Thank goodness he's been located! I'm THRILLED to say I was WRONG!
    I hope that in the future they'll take little Blaise into the apartment before the groceries (and also shop earlier). So many crimes of opportunity happen late at night or early in the morning hours. Little ones should be counting sheep by then. MOO

abr, CarmelEyesD, Curious-A and 4 others like this.
  6. MysteriousNoblewoman

MysteriousNoblewoman Well-Known Member

There was a reward put out just 35 minutes before he was found. The aunt also made a go fund me for the parents. I wonder I someone gets the reward or not?

7. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I'm confused. Why would the parents need a go fund me? Was the go fund me going to be used for the reward?

8. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Great update. I wonder if the "car thief" knows the woman whose car he placed the baby in? I can't imagine he went around trying car doors until he found one unlocked. That would look suspicious. (Shrug.)

9. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

This family was so amazingly lucky. What a miracle.

I am sorry that I doubted them , however, it was just outrageous in my mind, that anyone would leave an infant in an unlocked car at 1am, with the keys as well....I hope they take this lesson to heart.
    ❤️

abr, Marg from Oz, LaborDayRN and 7 others like this.
  10. zenzen

zenzen Well-Known Member

glad he is safe ... something still feels very hinky

11. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Gimme fund is trending these days it seems no matter the situation. JMO

abr, Marg from Oz, Pesto919 and 5 others like this.
  12. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

Great News! Glad he is safe.

13. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

Agreed.

14. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

Wow what an awesome outcome! I am so relieved.

And still, this is one of the weirder cases I've seen. The thief didn't get very far if the baby was found a mile from home. The only thing that makes sense is that this is a very young/inexperienced car thief. Maybe this was his first time stealing a car and/or it was very unplanned and opportunistic as he was walking down the road.

Like someone else suggested, maybe he has some kindness in his heart when he realizes a baby is in the car and stays with him overnight. He's not sure what to do now that a human is involved. But leaving him in a random person's car seems risky (for the thief) and also didn't guarantee the baby would be OK if that was his concern. What if no one came out to drive that car for days?

I agree to maybe have this lady whose car it was make a list to LE of all the younger males she knows at all (saying young male bc I thought the parents had described a male teen walking down the street at the time of the abduction). They are probably already asking her this. I'm curious if anything comes of it.

15. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

IMO, don’t get out the ketchup just yet. Your words were, “if this wasn’t staged I’ll eat my phone.” I thought for sure this was a cover for an accident. I could not be happier to be so very wrong. But still, something feels staged. MOO

16. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

I wonder if the car thief was known to the baby’s family? Or known to an extended family member or friend? Was he known to the women whose car he was found in?

I am very glad he was found safe but this doesn’t seem like a random crime.

17. Curious-A

Curious-A Well-Known Member

Thank the Good Lord!!!! Someone had a heart and did the right thing. I’m so overjoyed that this little cutie is safe!

abr, Marg from Oz, Proudnanny and 5 others like this.
  18. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

19. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

The car thief keeping the baby overnight seems risky. Wouldn’t the baby be crying? Where did the car thief live? Wouldn’t he be worried that neighbors would hear the baby crying, and be suspicious? With the ongoing Amber alert and media coverage where would he hide with the baby overnight?

20. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT