GUILTY GA - Bobby Tillman, 18, beaten to death at Douglasville party, 7 Nov 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ShowerSinger, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ShowerSinger

ShowerSinger New Member

On Saturday night, a girl was giving a small party in her middle-class neighborhood. It quickly turned into a larger party, via texts and such, and the parents asked them to leave. Once outside, a girl slapped a guy. He said he couldn't hit a girl, but would attack the next dude he saw. 4 teens have been arrested. Unbelievable....
    Rest in peace, Bobby Tillman.

www.ajc.com/news/teen-beating-death-they-733714.html?cxtype=rss_news

2. Loading...

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

4. ohiogirl

ohiogirl New Member

This is absolutely insane. It doesn't matter what they do to these four thugs. This boy's life was worth infinitely more than this outcome. I would love to say that I hope these four pay for this for the rest of their lives, but even that is inadequate.
    To the Tillman family, I am so sorry for your loss.

5. annalia

annalia New Member

I just can't believe the brutality of this crime. What is happening to our youth!? Almost every day we hear of these vicious and senseless crimes. What a tragedy, he seemed to be such a bright young star. I can't begin to imagine what his family is going through right now. May he rest in peace.

The scariest part is this could be any one of our children being at the wrong place at the wrong time in today's violent world.

6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Even scarier there is often no way to tell which teens will end up performing these horrendous crimes...

7. Columbo

Columbo New Member

:furious: Sick, sick, sick....

8. Fairy1

Fairy1 No Country for Old Men

What a tragic story. Prayers and condolences to this young man's family.

To the families of the animals that murdered Bobby I ask, how do you raise a monster capable of kicking innocent, defenseless human to DEATH?

9. Tinsamd

Tinsamd Justice for Shaniya!!!!

Senseless...

10. mysterygirl

mysterygirl A Nancy Drew Wannabe

Oh my God, this broke my heart.

Thinking of him asking his mom if his outfit looked ok before the party.......brings tears to my eyes, I can't help it.

RIP Bobby, you didn't deserve this.

11. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

12. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

This whole story breaks my heart. I cannot imagine being Bobby's family, but I also am sick over the families who have to face the fact that their child participated in something like this.

And I pray for the mom who chose to turn her son in. She did the right thing, and I'm so grateful she did, but it had to be one of the hardest things in her life.

This story is so senseless and horrific. I just keep going back to it thinking there must be more to it, but apparently there isn't.

RIP Bobby Tillman

13. mimimama5

mimimama5 One Crazy mama cowgirl

This is one of the most gutwrenching stories Ive read here to date! I cant help put to my children into this situation, and that terrifies me as a parent. Would my son participate in such a horrible thing? I'd love to say no not ever, but I truly think thats what all of these parents must have thought. What if my son was the victim, how could I ever cope with that? I do not believe that I could. Such a senseless waste of all of these young mans lives. Terrible and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Ms. Tillman, this mother will never be the same, she will never feel true unadultered joy again without a pang of sadness or loss.... and for that my heart breaks.

14. Fairy1

Fairy1 No Country for Old Men

15. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From February 2013:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/last-two-sentenced-in-tillman-death-get-life/nWFTK/