Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422123271.071119.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422123278.674325.jpgthey just posted actual pictures of the Car they were driving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the fb, they are working on a mp flyer and will post it asap.

(O/T, also reminded of Beverly Carter's case).

Where is the thread for the other elderly couple who was recently found in their burned out car? I'm trying to remember where that was. Tia).

Very worried for them. I hope they did not carry cash with them for the purchase?

Saw this last night as, as I was raised in their area. So sad and scary.

Yikes! I agree, I see some sketchy ads on CL at times. I haven't purchased off there in many years...actually we purchased our last mini van off of CL five years ago.

I'm curious to how the car was set to be purchased? These cars can go into the thousands and that just seems like a lot of cash to exchange hands and travel with. My first thought was perhaps this was a planned purchase with a cashier's check from the bank. I think you can get those made out in cash amount and fill in the receiver's details at a later date (I know you can get them typed up with details as well). If this is the case...that check needs to be cashed, so it would come back through the victims' checking account. Obviously, this car had to be in sort of good condition to be driven back and no trailer taken to haul it back, correct?

Then again...Mr. Runion could be a man of just cash. That's the way my Dad preferred to do business and even as a kid it scared me. He would met people at midnight to purchase a houseboat in cash (since he was a trucker and only in certain hours/days of the month).

IF they were carrying that much cash and somebody else found out about it, it could be a robbery by someone other than the Craigslist person.

This is driving me nuts - they look SO familiar to me, especially Bud. And I'm on the other side of the country.

I've got friends in that part of the US, but...anyway, trying to see if I can figure out why they look so familiar!

Anyway, here's a linked in for Bud. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bud-runion/a1/1b6/12

It appears he's associated with a faith based non-profit also (I'm not quite sure if the address floating all over is their home address or not, but if it is, then they are VERY easily findable b/c just searching his name pulls up the address on hordes of sites)

That is quite the drive. I read on fb that they did reach McRae is that true?

awful, I hope somehow they're ok - maybe decided to take an unplanned vacation and didn't think to tell anyone...I seriously can't stand the thought of another elderly couple meeting with foul play this week.

That is quite the drive. I read on fb that they did reach McRae is that true?

I read that as well, in more then one place. I mapquested Marietta which is where they are from and McRae which is where they were going. It came up approx 3 hour trip. Not sure how accurate this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151