Found Safe GA - Caitlin Winchester, 14, missing after first day at N. Atlanta High School, 5 Aug 2021 *Arrest*

Reward increased to $100k for North Atlanta High student missing after not making it home from school

I apologize if any of the following has been discussed and/or posted...I’ll go back and try to catch up on CW’s thread.

Wonder how far it is from the school to her house?
Is it possible she just got impatient waiting for the bus or maybe all the bus “confusion” was too much for her so she decided to just walk home?
And she was untruthful about being on the bus at 5:40 in attempt at avoiding being in trouble for not riding the bus as discussed?
(Just thinking aloud; throwing out ideas)

From the article linked above:

Her father said she decided to ride the bus home and even texted to say she was on the bus in traffic as late as 5:40 PM yesterday.

“We are accustomed to using the “where’s my bus app” and it’s usually pretty accurate. We looked for it, logged on and there was no data and no information yesterday and the school even admitted it wasn’t working for them,” Angela Winchester said.

The school also told the Winchester’s that they reviewed video footage on Caitlin’s bus and did not see her on it.

“We spoke with a bus driver and she said actually there were so many buses running behind schedule, like super late, and there was a crowd of kids that said wait, wait, wait, I want to go home and kids that didn’t even belong on that bus were begging please take me home and they hopped on the wrong bus,” Angela Winchester said.
I wish they would tell us that they looked on other buses as well.

I dont know if she was seen far away from school when she was walking or if she walked to another bus.

14-Year-Old Atlanta Girl Missing Since 1st Day of School

Reward increased to $100k for North Atlanta High student missing after not making it home from school

She was photographed leaving the school, but she did not get on her assigned bus.

There is video of her entering school that day and a picture showing Caitlin leaving the building. Her parents say she did not get on her assigned school bus.

The school also told the Winchester’s that they reviewed video footage on Caitlin’s bus and did not see her on it.

Did the school review video footage from all the buses or just Caitlin’s assigned bus?

Can you please link the page where it says she is found as I can't find it, thanks!

Here is a link to the CBS46 announcement:
BREAKING: Missing Atlanta high school student found safe

The announcement is not in the video, but is in a printed update beneath the video:

UPDATE: CBS46’s Adam Murphy has learned Caitlin Winchester is now safe.

Winchester is the 14-year-old North Atlanta High School student who went missing on August 5, the first day of school.

Winchester’s father confirmed she is now safe, and Adam Murphy is working to get additional details.

Here is a link to the CBS46 announcement:

The announcement is not in the video, but is in a printed update beneath the video:

UPDATE: CBS46’s Adam Murphy has learned Caitlin Winchester is now safe.

Winchester is the 14-year-old North Atlanta High School student who went missing on August 5, the first day of school.

Winchester’s father confirmed she is now safe, and Adam Murphy is working to get additional details.
Thanks, good news!

I woke up thinking about her. So glad I checked the thread early so I can start my day on a positive note. Looks like one of her friends or friend’s parents might have thought that reward would sure come in handy. I’m positive we are not the only ones that would like to hear some answers. I just know her dad and folks are beyond the moon she’s home safe. I sure do hope Caitlin is willing to be honest with her dad. More honest than she’s ever been. She has to come up with some mighty fine answers to quickly quell dad and the FBI. She scared him so badly; he was probably on his knees more than once. I don’t think she had any idea how seriously traumatic it is for a parent to have their child suddenly go missing. My heart breaks for this dad. I’m relieved for him and fully expect him to handle the end of this saga properly and swiftly.

https://twitter.com/MurphyCBS46/status/1425320580698488834

3443582_0.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````HAPPY DANCE TIME!````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest is that she was found in Arlington, TX

Caitlin Winchester missing North Atlanta student found safe Texas | 11alive.com

ATLANTA — A story that had a community on edge since school started last week ended with good news.

The missing 14-year-old North Atlanta High School student who did not return home after the first day of school on Aug. 5 was found safe.

The FBI and Atlanta Police Department were assisting Atlanta Public Schools in the search for Caitlin Winchester.

In a statement on Wednesday, APS said she was found safe in Arlington, Texas.

"No other details are available at this time and the family has requested privacy," the district said.

Wondering if the 100k reward worked some magic?
Such a relief!
''Winchester’s father confirmed she is now safe, and Adam Murphy is working to get additional details.

Winchester’s disappearance sparked an investigation from the Atlanta police department as well as FBI agents.''

Imstilla.grandma , it sounds like you think she may have left willingly on her own. Is this accurate and can you share why you think this? thank you :)

I woke up thinking about her. So glad I checked the thread early so I can start my day on a positive note. Looks like one of her friends or friend’s parents might have thought that reward would sure come in handy. I’m positive we are not the only ones that would like to hear some answers. I just know her dad and folks are beyond the moon she’s home safe. I sure do hope Caitlin is willing to be honest with her dad. More honest than she’s ever been. She has to come up with some mighty fine answers to quickly quell dad and the FBI. She scared him so badly; he was probably on his knees more than once. I don’t think she had any idea how seriously traumatic it is for a parent to have their child suddenly go missing. My heart breaks for this dad. I’m relieved for him and fully expect him to handle the end of this saga properly and swiftly.

https://twitter.com/MurphyCBS46/status/1425320580698488834

Did she run off or did someone snag her?
I’m soooo glad she’s home, either way.

Arlington, Texas?!

For reference, the distance between Atlanta, Georgia and Arlington, Texas is appx. 800 miles / 11.5 hour car trip crossing 4 states / 2-2.5 hr. flight to Dallas-Fort Worth Airport & 20 min drive to Arlington

Imstilla.grandma , it sounds like you think she may have left willingly on her own. Is this accurate and can you share why you think this? thank you :)
I’m not picking this up from msm reports but I do think she left on her own accord. I think she had a plan to meet up with someone. She may have rode another bus and wasn’t noticed on that bus; or maybe she discreetly walked to someone waiting in a car. COVID, summer break, online activity, social media, first day of school, her age and gender are all factors leading me to think she met someone online and a romantic relationship budded. Maybe she previously had unpleasant experiences at school or didn’t have many friends she could relate to anymore. Maybe this new guy/girl is older and made Caitlin feel older too. Maybe he capitalized on that emotion. Caitlin could have thought she was much more mature than she is and she no longer fit in with her school friends. I’ve seen and heard about so many of my kids and grandkid’s friends sit and tell me about some pretty wild stories over my many years. You know, like the preacher’s kid was always the stoner or thief. I had a 4.0 GPA all through high school. Yet I took risks, tested boundaries, ditched school, conspired with my friends, met up with boys, crawled out my bedroom window, experimented with alcohol and drugs and lied to my folks. I was still a normal kid with raging hormones. I was just smart.

Last edited:
Arlington, Texas?!

For reference, the distance between Atlanta, Georgia and Arlington, Texas is appx. 800 miles / 11.5 hour car trip crossing 4 states / 2-2.5 hr. flight to Dallas-Fort Worth Airport & 20 min drive to Arlington

She was almost in the human trafficking triangle in Texas. So happy they found her on time.

The Problem — Arcadia

The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, sits at the dark intersection of two major sex trafficking corridors: The Texas Triangle (DFW, Houston, San Antonio) and the I-20 Corridor (starting in DFW and stretching East to South Carolina). Despite the pressing problem, the state of Texas has less than 30 specialized beds available for minors recovering from this traumatizing lifestyle. Thirty.

It can't be confirmed with MSM and parents probably won't release the inns and outs, but yesterday we heard through the grapevines she was groomed through social media and met the wrong person who took her, maybe even willingly in the beginning. FBI involvement IMO says enough, most of the time they are not show up in "a girl just took off" scenario, there must have been aspects to the case that were alarming. The fact that she was found in Arlington Texas is telling. I wonder who was with her when she was found. Nothing about any arrests made.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back