GA GA - Charles 'Chuckie' Mauk, 13, Warner Robins, 17 Feb 1986

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by scandi, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

According to the eye witness, CP, the suspect was a white male between the ages of 25-27 with very pale, acne scarred skin. His hair was actually somewhat light; a reddish brown as he describes him. He also insists that there was no one else in the car.

I have a thought about this suspect. Chuckie's mom is adamant that her son would not have spent that kind of time, or behaved that familiarly with a stranger. Perhaps that means this is a local person. Hung around in the social hot spot, perhaps even graduated from the local High School there. So, if Chuckie saw him as a familiar face in the hang out, he would not have viewed him as a complete stranger. If the suspect was 25-27 at the time, that would mean he graduated about 7-10 years prior 1986. So, between '75-'80 would be the range. If they spread the inquiries out into that age group, which would be locals in their say- 58-62 yrs range now, I wonder if they would recognize that orginal sketch?

dotr, Rav and inmyhumbleopinion like this.

2. Fascist_Flounder

Fascist_Flounder Member

So I remember looking into this case a couple of years ago, and I remember reading about someone coming across a sketch of an unidentified male found deceased in Blue Ridge, Georgia in 1997. It looks like they used the age-enhanced sketch from this case and made him look a bit rougher and less "movie star-ish". Same pose and everything. It makes me wonder if Georgia LE has evidence connecting him to this case:

Unidentified Remains: Blue Ridge, White Male

3. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

That sure does look a lot like the age-progressed sketch.

dotr and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  4. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

I just noticed something on the Georgia Bureau of Investigation site. Chuckie's case isn't in the Unsolved Homicides list. I wonder why?

5. dancinunderthemoon

dancinunderthemoon Well-Known Member

It was in warner Robins GA at the Giants Food store parking lot on Russell Pkwy......sad cold case......

6. Scoobysnacks77

Scoobysnacks77 New Member

OMG the similarity is just absurd. IMO I don’t believe it is as much a possibility of this individual being a link to the Chuck Mauk murder, as much as I think that either the Georgia LE composite sketch software is very limited in it’s capabilities or the assigned sketch artist is lacking competence.

7. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

I agree. To me, the original sketch in comparison to the age progressed sketch is not at all accurate. IMO. What if the original was cleaned up and colorized according to CP's eye-witness description? (Thinking out loud here).

8. Scoobysnacks77

Scoobysnacks77 New Member

moonriverfarm likes this.
  9. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

10. Rav

Rav Member

I totally agree with this post- have they checked over old yearbooks it's said he had bad acene and placed him 25 plus. But he could actually be a lot younger. or the scaring could have been from burns? or something else? I think this is worth looking into too

11. ohsocorrina

ohsocorrina New Member

Hi Greg, Could you please get a hold of me, I have questions about the case. cgibson9511@gmail.com or on here. Thank you!!!

dotr likes this.
  12. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

Well, I know I have. I've spent countless hours going through yearbooks with the original sketch, as well as other mugshots on public record in the state of Georgia, with the original composite sketch in hand. I've also learned more about Buicks and their emblems than I ever cared to know. I've made some headway. We shall see. Of one thing I am certain. That was a '78 Buick Regal. That was the only year and model that had the emblem displayed above that tire. For some reason I can't explain, I've latched onto this case. I think of his Mom and brother often; wanting so much for there to be answers for them.

dotr, Warwick1991 and Luckyzmom like this.
  13. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Looks uncannily like the sketch of Chuckie's suspect.

14. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member