GA GA - Chatham Co., WhtMale UP8498, 45-65, in river, 'H. Wright' on Shoes, Feb'11

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by tatertot, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tatertot

tatertot Member

A Good Samaritan called police October 25, 2010 because he saw a man trying to drown himself in the river near the Savannah Riverfront Marriott. LE found the body, which is still unidentified.

Race: White
    Height: 6 feet 2 inches
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Features: Gray hair, well-groomed mustache
    Clothing: long-sleeve blue button-down shirt, khaki pants, white athletic-style shoes with "H. Wright" written on the insides. LE thinks he may have been a patient at an assisted living center or institution.
    Jewelry and other effects: Wearing a watch, handkerchief in pocket
    Medical: Had received medical attention for a recent, bandaged injury to lower left leg

http://savannahnow.com/news/2011-02-11/coroners-office-seeks-help-identifying-body-pulled-river

2. Loading...

3. tatertot

tatertot Member

4. stillwatersc

stillwatersc Active Member

5. stillwatersc

stillwatersc Active Member

They immediately recovered the body. Isn't there a picture of this man available? If it's not 'clean' enough, looks like they could do an accurate sketch.

6. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

7. webrocket

webrocket New Member

they recovered him three days after he jumped in the river. if you have ever seen pictures of deceased people,especially drowning victims, you'd see how distorted faces become.

for curiosity's sake, after the Christmas Indonesian tsunami, I checked out websites where there were UIDs posted from Thailand. (keep in mind these people traveled from all over the world) I can't describe in words how they looked other than to say you would not have known that some of them were Europeans given what they looked like. granted I can't say how many days post-tsunami they were taken, but I think you get my point.

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://savannahnow.com/crime/2012-12-09/chatham-county-home-several-nameless-dead#.UMSWMeRkyAg

Posted: December 9, 2012 - 7:51am |
    Updated: December 9, 2012 - 8:46am
    By Dash Coleman

<snipped>

9. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

The initials in his shoe make me think that he was a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would put his name in his shoes and clothes. Probably not far from where he was found.Some one has to be missing him.

10. hayaletcatcher

hayaletcatcher Active Member

11. Peliman

Peliman New Member

That's the best tip on a name in the shoe. I spent 20 yrs in this area and know it well, this is a very high tourist and resident traveled area. There's a homeless area not far from where he was found.

12. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

Also makes me think there was more then 1 Wright at the facility or homeless shelter as you pointed out. Then they use the first initial of the first name.