Identified! GA - Cherokee Co, Remains in Woods Behind Home on Purcell Ln, July 2018-Gary Farris

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Gardener1850, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

Cops investigating after Cherokee County family finds human remains on property

GBI: It could take 'days or weeks' to identify remains found in Cherokee County

2. Gardener1850

Human remains found on wooded Cherokee Co. property

3. Gardener1850

GBI: It could take weeks to ID remains found in Cherokee County

4. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

I wonder if this could have anything to do with Jessica Earl or Vince League (Vincent David League). That's only about an hour and a half to two hours from where they disappeared.

SeekingJana, madamx, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  5. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

IMO “sensitive investigation” tells me this is going to get weird or we won’t ever get a lot of details.

6. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

Also, some the articles mention the body being discovered on Thursday, but deputies arriving Friday. Was there any law enforcement on scene the day the body wasn’t found?

Another article above does say that investigators have returned daily since Thursday so maybe they were immediately on scene. Just kind of confusing.

IMO

7. Gardener1850

Odd phrasing. I think this will be a high profile case, JMO. Also at that link:

Human remains found on property in Alpharetta

BBM. If the body was found in the woods, what are they using a dive team for? Searching the pond for something? More remains? Or a murder weapon? My guess at this point is they are looking for a gun because they were asking neighbors if they had heard any unusual gunshots in the area.

The "prominent Atlanta attorney" part is possibly why this is a "sensitive investigation" IMO. I don't know who it is but they better have a lot of evidence if they think he had anything to do with this or knows anything about the body in the woods. Same if they are looking at a family member of the attorney. My prediction is that LE will keep things very hush hush until they are ready to press charges. JMO.

8. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

Very interesting!

PommyMommy and whatsnext like this.
  9. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

apparently been out there for 3 days.

10. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

maybe the attorney hasn't been heard from....

11. Gardener1850

:eek:
    Well that's possible too, I suppose! But wouldn't we hear about it if a high profile attorney was "missing" while a body was found near his house? I would hope his (or her) colleagues and family would speak up, but maybe not... o_O

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

The link in post #2 says the dive teams are searching "the bodies of water on the property" for other evidence. What other evidence, it doesn't say, but the first things that come to mind are a weapon or the decedent's personal belongings.

13. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

creepy. any idea who this attorney is or if there are any missing attorneys

14. Gardener1850

There are pictures of the house at the links. I'm sure someone here could figure it out, but just a reminder that we are not allowed to post any names here until named by the press or Law Enforcement. ;)

15. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

16. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

This confirmed rumors I had heard, which made the original news stories so puzzling... if it is the homeowner and was discovered by the homeowners, why were they saying “it could take days or even weeks” to identify the remains?

IMOO - I would assume his family and work knew he was deceased during this time because there was no missing report filed for him, and he obviously would have been MIA if they did not know he was deceased. All my thoughts since I can’t back anything up with a MSM source yet, but there will be a lot more to this story to come...

17. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

18. carbuff

They might have suspected who the decedent was, but they still have to wait for the medical examiner to confirm it officially.

19. KBM

KBM New Member

I met the attorney when answering a craigslist ad for goats a couple of years ago. When I pulled up, he was standing out front his house in his robe and peeing in the yard. After that awkward moment, he stated for me to drive up to the barn, that his son was the one selling the goats. His son was living in the barn and was in charge of taking care of the animals and land. I texted him again last year to see if he had anymore goats to sell. He was still living in the barn when I went out there the second time. I won’t speculate, but the bad vibes were strong.

20. carbuff

Uh-oh. That does not sound good.

PommyMommy, zencompass and Hazelnutty like this.