Found Deceased GA - David Blake, 25, Kennesaw National Battlefield Park, 8 March 2018

I Google his name every night before I go to bed and he's still missing. I read that they were going to do searches where people don't hike there.

Search for missing hiker coming to an end, family says
https://www.myajc.com/news/local/se...oming-end-family-says/qR3wK38ptPNb1inho0N7HI/
Authorities say the search is winding down for a Marietta man who went missing two weeks ago while hiking at Kennesaw Mountain.
Despite five days of mass searches, 25-year-old David Blake remains missing. The only trace of the former Harrison High School student that authorities have turned up is his Nissan Sentra, which they located in an overflow lot at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. His keys and a bag he would often take with him on long hikes were both found inside the car.
“As of now, the police are near the end of their active investigation into David’s disappearance,” Blake’s mother, Neill Blake, wrote in a Facebook post. “We cannot thank them enough.”
Cobb County police could not immediately be reached for comment, but Ross Cavitt, a spokesman for Cobb County, said the National Park Service will no longer actively conduct large-scale searches for Blake. He said the park’s rangers will continue to check the park for signs of the missing man on their routine patrols.
Neill Blake wrote that she and her family will continue searching for her son without assistance from law enforcement.
“No resource was spared and we are grateful to all of the law enforcement and search and rescue personnel for their efforts,” she wrote. “We are not giving up hope that we will find David and we are going to continue the search for him using a private investigator.”
[...]

I registered here just because of this case.

I never knew David myself, but he grew up with my niece, and he is the grandson of a friend of my mother's. The family is close and creative, and David likes to write science fiction. In fact, he was known to go off by himself for a few days at a time to write. However, it is unclear to me that he ever did this without informing his roommates or his family. It seems unlikely, and in any case, for him to go off without his keys or any gear signals something very wrong. I honestly suspect foul play and I do not think he, or his remains, is in that park. The whole situation is just terrible.

I registered here just because of this case.

I never knew David myself, but he grew up with my niece, and he is the grandson of a friend of my mother's. The family is close and creative, and David likes to write science fiction. In fact, he was known to go off by himself for a few days at a time to write. However, it is unclear to me that he ever did this without informing his roommates or his family. It seems unlikely, and in any case, for him to go off without his keys or any gear signals something very wrong. I honestly suspect foul play and I do not think he, or his remains, is in that park. The whole situation is just terrible.
Welcome to Websleuths, Aescwynn.

I hope that David needed some time away and will return home safely soon.

This is so sad. Given that he had told his Mom he wasn't feeling well and didn't go to work followed immediately by leaving his car and keys where they would be found at a place he often visited, I believe he planned something. Either intentional missing or ending his life. I hope the family finds closure.

This is so sad. Given that he had told his Mom he wasn't feeling well and didn't go to work followed immediately by leaving his car and keys where they would be found at a place he often visited, I believe he planned something. Either intentional missing or ending his life. I hope the family finds closure.

Hi,
Is there a published source for this timeline and the statement that he told his mom that he wasn't feeling well? I'm not questioning the veracity of what you said; in fact I'm morbidly relieved to see something a little different from what I've seen/read/been told.

In published articles so far, his mom says that she last saw him on Wednesday night. I'm told via my sister-in-law (my brother and sister-in-law live across the street from the Blakes) that the mother and David attended a concert together, I don't know what kind of concert. So she would have probably last seen him after parting ways with him after this. Now, a couple of the news articles mention that David's cell phone had some text activity on it early Thursday morning, but nothing is said about what kind of texts he sent. Did he text his mom to say he wasn't feeling well? Because that would be significant.

Also, now I'm a little unsure about the timeline of when he was supposed to report to work. Opening shift? Closing shift? This makes a big difference in the time frame of his entering that parking lot. Also, were his room mates aware of the time he left?

So many questions...

Edit: my own mother knew that David told his mom he wasn't feeling well. :facepalm: She doesn't remember how she heard this.

I find it disturbing that David's Hiking Bag and car keys were left in the car. Did David come back to the car after hiking and left his bag and key in car and went to the restroom and abducted near there. There must be some surveillance cameras nearby that might have seen something unusual. I am hoping the PI will tun up some evidence in David's disappearance.

Ugh I hate that he's still missing. I also hope the PI can get some answers.

I wish his mother would put up a dedicated search Facebook page. When there was still things to share, she shared them on her own FB page.

Unfortunately, there's apparently nothing to share now. :anguish:

I still Google his name everyday. My one son shares the same name as him so he's always on my mind.

I wonder if the PI maybe gave advice and they will give an update when they feel it's necessary. Everyday I check on him on Google and here.

He is not on NamUs, is it always up to the family to choose to place their missing loved one's name on a database like this?

He is not on NamUs, is it always up to the family to choose to place their missing loved one's name on a database like this?

According to John Lordan (LordanARTS youtube channel) anyone can enter a name into NAMUS but not certain of procedure and moderators would have to approve entry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back