Found Deceased GA - David Blake, 25, Kennesaw National Battlefield Park, 8 March 2018

Just curious; why do you think this?
Man I live in Atlanta grew up close to the park my brother lives just over a mile away but that means nothing. I spoke to kids his age from my gym that went to His High school were all just talking about this. He just looks like he would be a nonconformist just doesn't fit in. Who knows he could be with His gay lover. What do you think. I'm serious his mom does not write back anymore on her FB when people ask are there any updates. The family seems Lost are in total denial. What do you think any idea are option.

I just looked again people keep asking for any updates... They never respond... I also have another way to track him down a clue on his FB account.

Man I live in Atlanta grew up close to the park my brother lives just over a mile away but that means nothing.

Well, you're right. That means nothing. If we're comparing notes, the family lived for years across the street from my brother's family, Davis is the same age as my niece, and the two of them went to the same church and schools together from kindergarten all through graduation. Blake's mother and my sister-in-law remain good friends.

He just looks like he would be a nonconformist just doesn't fit in.

By all accounts he is a "nonconformist just doesn't fit in" but I've been that way all my life too and I've never run away to join a cult.

Who knows he could be with His gay lover. What do you think.

Well that's random, but I suppose it's less random than the cult idea. Maybe he simply yearned for a less constricted life than he was leading among the highly conservative family and friends he was surrounded with and saw no other way out.

I'm serious his mom does not write back anymore on her FB when people ask are there any updates. The family seems Lost are in total denial.

The last time I spoke to my SIL, she told me that David's mom is convinced that her boy is off on one of his extended trips to write science fiction and that he'll be back someday. Which, honestly, could also be true. So I guess that they've decided that they're going to go on with their lives and pretend everything is normal, hence the FB silence.

AFAIK they do still have the PI on the case, though.

Well, you're right. That means nothing. If we're comparing notes, the family lived for years across the street from my brother's family, Davis is the same age as my niece, and the two of them went to the same church and schools together from kindergarten all through graduation. Blake's mother and my sister-in-law remain good friends.

By all accounts he is a "nonconformist just doesn't fit in" but I've been that way all my life too and I've never run away to join a cult.

Well that's random, but I suppose it's less random than the cult idea. Maybe he simply yearned for a less constricted life than he was leading among the highly conservative family and friends he was surrounded with and saw no other way out.

The last time I spoke to my SIL, she told me that David's mom is convinced that her boy is off on one of his extended trips to write science fiction and that he'll be back someday. Which, honestly, could also be true. So I guess that they've decided that they're going to go on with their lives and pretend everything is normal, hence the FB silence.

How has he managed to avoid detection all this time. He can't get a job pay taxes go anywhere do anything how would that be worth it. He could have just said im out dont call me. He had a whole police force look for him for days. There way more.to the story. The parents know and just are not saying. People need to put some pressure on them. Are they should say let David go.

What did David do for work. Does he have any special job skills etc. Are was he just a waiter to who said he was a writer. Does he have any published writings online.

What did David do for work. Does he have any special job skills etc. Are was he just a waiter to who said he was a writer. Does he have any published writings online.

He worked at Aquarama, a pool supplies store. I'm actually not sure if he went to college or anything. He was obviously not a professional writer. It was what he loved to do in his spare time.

Unfortunately, there are several David Blakes who write science fiction floating around. A couple can be ruled out immediately. A couple others, not so much. In the end, I can't find any writing samples that I can conclusively say are his.

Thanks......where do you think he is...somewhere local like a friends basement are off to just anywhere. The PI seems like and the police just never found one thing on him after he left.

I also think he read his mom post and things about this on the inernet maybe even are conversations. He is ahead of the game.

where do you think he is...somewhere local like a friends basement are off to just anywhere. The PI seems like and the police just never found one thing on him after he left.

LE was able to trace him to where Mossy Rock Rd crosses the railroad tracks. That's where the dogs lost his scent. The family thinks he may have hopped a train there, according to my SIL. I think that's as good a theory as any.

Jumping on train not knowing where it's going sounds like a bad idea. He went there to throw them off.. I think he got into a car but from there who knows. This kid is good at disappearing though. Plus they check those trains have there own security force. I work in logistics sales so that is something I know about. I do think he is alive but where could he hide and avoid detection so well. <modsnipped- joke was not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
He could be anywhere by now. It's pretty easy to live under the radar, especially when you're young. I did it for years. I didn't train hop but most of my friends did. Does anyone on this site have a current copy of a hobo crew change? It could say where that hop-on area his scent was lost at goes to. Crew changes usually outline a couple options as far as how to get to which major city and how without being detected by bulls.

I believe he was picked up on the corner....but went were who knows. I don't think he liked his family and B.S. job and split town. But who knows it's not in the news anymore.

I wonder if he met someone who gave him a ride to Springer Mountain where the Appalachian Trail starts. It's about 2 hours north per my hiking friends. March is a common time to start the AT; if that's what he did, he'd probably be close to finishing in Maine this month or early in August.

If he did decide to hike the AT, he most likely wouldn't show up anywhere for several months. He'd need some cash to restock food on the way, unless he had planned ahead enough that he mailed packages to himself at various pickup places along the trail, but not a lot of money. He wouldn't be likely to run into anybody who knows him or that he's missing.

I wonder if he met someone who gave him a ride to Springer Mountain where the Appalachian Trail starts. It's about 2 hours north per my hiking friends. March is a common time to start the AT; if that's what he did, he'd probably be close to finishing in Maine this month or early in August.

If he did decide to hike the AT, he most likely wouldn't show up anywhere for several months. He'd need some cash to restock food on the way, unless he had planned ahead enough that he mailed packages to himself at various pickup places along the trail, but not a lot of money. He wouldn't be likely to run into anybody who knows him or that he's missing.
I told the family and the PI there are motion detection web cams up.amd down the AT. I also told how to get in touch with the guy that runs it. I don't think anything was done. I don't know why. I don't think he is on the AT anymore. If you have any ideas let me know.

I'm pretty sure the family put signs up on the AT after the first week he went missing. But I could be wrong. They give no info on anything.

I'm pretty sure the family put signs up on the AT after the first week he went missing. But I could be wrong. They give no info on anything.

I don't know whether I think that's what he did. Just that logistically it seemed like a possibility.

They tried to use the motion cameras for a case up here in MA and couldn't find anything useful on them. Mostly people's feet and boots, if hiking rumor is to be believed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back