GA GA, Debbie Griffin, Milledgeville, November 2nd 1974.

Goodness. The description of Debbie sounds so much like the hitchhiker carrying a guitar who was murdered by that couple. Creepy coincidence

A prospective property buyer found a skull with two bullet holes and parts of a young woman’s skeleton near old Knoxville Road the sheriff’s office Macon Judicial Circuit Dist Atty red Hasty Sheriff Lucius O’Neal and a representative from the State Crime Laboratory found scattered skeletal remains when they searched the area Hasty said the remains “may be Debbie Griffin” The officials also found a and beads that were described by Hasty as “hippie-type jewelry” State Crime Lab officials are processing the material to determine the identity of the young woman An intensive search for Mrs Griffin was launched after authorities learned she had accompanied Hillard woman’s clothing a bracelet Wednesday evening Authorities believe it is the body of 20-y e a r -o I d Mrs Debbie Griffin of Gainesville 1 a the hitchhiking companion of Edward Allen Hillard whose bullet-riddled body was found last November inside Bibb County about five miles from the subdivision A BLOOD-SOAKED shirt believed worn by Mrs Griffin was found near Hillard's body Hillard 23 also of Gainesville la and Mrs Griffin were hitchhiking from Gainesville to Love Valley NC They were last seen at a Commerce motel Nov 2 Crawford County Deputy Sheriff Arnold Robinson said the skull was found late Weds"
I guess this ended up not being related to her case.

Does anyone know what Commerce motel they were last seen at? Commerce is the next town over from me, and I'm from there. It was a very small town back then. It could only be a handful of motels.

Wow wow wow... Wikipedia is STRANGE. Debbie Griffin's remains were found in August 1975 in Crawford County.
Body identified: Killed by Knowles?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back