Identified! GA - DeKalb Co., BlkMale 217UMGA, 5-7, in woods, Timberland boots, Feb'99 - William Dashawn Hamilton *mom arrested ‘22 - GUILTY concealing his death*

I always assumed that it was the other way around - that he was hit or otherwise knocked his head into something, and his mother gave him something like Nyquil to help him sleep it off, but that it was worse than she thought. Poor boy.

That would be the innocent explanation.

It sounds more like she gave him enough medication to make him unconscious, then killed him with the blow to the head.

A mother is under arrest after a six-year-old boy whose remains were found close to a cemetery in Georgia in 1999 has finally been identified.

His mother, Teresa Ann Bailey Black, now 45, has been detained in Phoenix, Arizona and is set to be extradited to Georgia. She’s being held without bail pending extradition to DeKalb County, which includes eastern Atlanta.

Ms Black was indicted by a grand jury last month. She faces two counts of felony murder, two counts of cruelty to children, aggravated assault and concealing the death of another.

DeKalb District Attorney Sherry Boston said on Wednesday that the revelation came after a tip came in from someone who saw an artist’s rendering of the boy put out three years ago, WLTX reported.

William was never reported missing, making it difficult to connect the remains to a specific child when the body was found in 1999.

Wow!!!! That is an amazing story! Thanks for sharing ….. it gives great hope to many cold cases …..
Such a gorgeous little boy…. So very sad …

Wonder what the 2nd charge of murder is for… ? Another child???

"A woman accused of murdering her 6-year-old son more than 20 years ago in DeKalb County also shot and killed a man in Charlotte as a teenager, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Teresa Black, who used to go by Teresa Walker, was 16 years old when she shot and killed a man in 1994, according to the Observer.

The local newspaper said that during a fight between a couple Black knew at a boarding house in Charlotte, Black fired a warning shot into the air.

The bullet hit 40 year-old Jimmy Lee Samuels in the back, killing him.

..."

I know that the missing boy found in Dekalb County in 1999 was William DaShawn Hamilton and he was killed by his mother.

The question is, what was motive for her killing her son? And are there any more updates? Haven't heard anything more since the arrest.

Teresa Ann Bailey Black, the mother of William Hamilton, was miraculously, somehow found NOT GUILTY of felony murder, cruelty to children, and aggravated assault while being GUILTY of concealing a death in January 2024.

What the heck?

Teresa Ann Bailey Black, the mother of William Hamilton, was miraculously, somehow found NOT GUILTY of felony murder, cruelty to children, and aggravated assault while being GUILTY of concealing a death in January 2024.

What the heck?
This is heartbreaking

What the heck?
ok...her claim is "William had been sick shortly before his death, and Black had given him over-the-counter medicine, her attorneys said. They said she left his body in the woods, fearing that she would be blamed for his death." What about the skull fracture also mentioned in this article???

I'm thinking this may have been an example of over charging. It's harder to prove felony murder. Manslaughter would have been easier to prove. I'm not familiar with the Georgia legal intricacies and why a jury could not select the lesser charge.

I'm thinking this may have been an example of over charging. It's harder to prove felony murder. Manslaughter would have been easier to prove. I'm not familiar with the Georgia legal intricacies and why a jury could not select the lesser charge.
Very similar to Megan Pratt's case out of Hernando FL. The mom and stepdad got very little time. Her little body has never been found.

I agree about the charges. I’ve been watching this trial (YouTube, Law & Crime Trials) and can honestly understand why the jury decided what they did. The prosecution did not prove much more than she concealed William’s death. They didn’t come close to proving felony murder, IMO. It’s all very heartbreaking.

Friday, DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Stacey Hydrick sentenced Black to 10 years in prison, the maximum allowed under Georgia law for that count. [Concealing the Death of Another]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back