GA GA - DeKalb Co., BlkMale 217UMGA, 5-7, in woods, Timberland boots, Feb'99

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Skully, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Fuuro

Fuuro spicy user

The way he was dressed insinuates that he died in the winter months (November 1998 - January 1999, or 1-3 months before being discovered). Maybe there was a preschooler or elementary student that someone remembers going home for Thanksgiving or Christmas break and never coming back? After his disappearance was noted by teachers, someone could have given an excuse that they were planning on putting him in a different school or homeschooling him after classes resumed, which could quell suspicion to some extent.

Also, the medicine in his system, the lack of obvious trauma, and the fact this child seemed oddly well taken care of (compared to other young children who are found dead under suspicious circumstances and go unidentified for decades) make me wonder if perhaps this was a sickly child who died of natural causes? If this was the case, though, and foul play was not directly involved, why was the death not reported?

I also remember hearing that a hysterical woman contacted authorities about this case, saying that the victim's name was Cabell Brown before hanging up. The call was traced back to somewhere in (Central?) Florida.

EDIT AGAIN: Found the article:
    Defunct link from a 17-year-old post on this website: DEKALB COUNTY (ATLANTA) UNIDENTIFIED JOHN DOE

Edit again: The Fall Line mentioned the Christmas break theory almost exactly as I mentioned it, which was freaky to hear.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Ksprincess2, dotr and annemc2 like this.

2. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

A lot about this case doesn't make sense. He was well taken care of, and he was wearing brand new shoes. Doesn't seem like your typical abused/neglected child. I wish they knew the cause of death. As the article said, he was placed where he was lovingly. At first I thought he could have died naturally/accidentally and his family placed him by the cemetery since they couldn't afford a funeral, but judging by his shoes and the fact that he wasn't malnourished or anything I don't think he came from an impoverished family.

3. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Active Member

Interesting as I don’t see him on the rule outs. I’ll have to recheck.

Skully likes this.
  4. DaisyChains

5. DaisyChains

As for the tip call made from Florida, could the sobbing woman have said Cordell Brown? The name Cordell is a common name among African American males in the southeast.

I’m going to search out Cordell Brown.

Btw, I’ll be covering this case on a podcast soon with Jason Futch

6. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

They have his DNA, so I assume they would be able to confirm his sex pretty easily. It's also believed that 'Dennis' had only been deceased for a few months, I'd be looking at children that disappeared a few years back but over 10 is a stretch unless (I hate saying this) Alisha's body had been frozen or something. Either way, I still don't think this is her since I would assume DNA testing would confirm he was male.

7. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Tavish Sutton may not have been able to rule in or out. Sometimes they can't get enough DNA to get a full profile. And sometimes (I know for a fact) they make mistakes and say it's not a match but it is... it depends on who is doing your lab work, and how they do it.