GA - Donald Jones, 15, Homicide, gone to Grandma’s, Savannah, 19 Sept 2020

JudgeJoe

Reaction score
On Sept 21, Donald Jones’ mom filed a missing persons report with Savannah PD. She told LE that she last saw Donald at home on Sept 18 before he headed out to stay at his grandmother’s house. “He was last seen wearing blue jean shorts, a reddish-orange shirt and Nike flip flops”. Remains were found Sept 19 in a wooded area off Oriole Drive in Chatham County, and confirmed to be that of fifteen year-old Donald Jones on Oct. 1. Chatham County LE is working with GBI to determine COD. The investigation is being handled as a homicide.

Tips can be forwarded to Chatham County Police at 912-651-4712 or Crime Stoppers at 912-234-2020. Tipsters are anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward.

Human remains identified as missing Georgia teen

Human remains found near Oriole Drive identified as missing Savannah teenager

It was a short period of time. She assumed he went to his grandmothers like everyone else would and it was probably a usual thing. When I was his age, going out to my friends or relatives houses for a couple days without contact wasn't unusual because my family assumed I was safe with my other relative/friend. We don't know what is normal for their routine or not.
Wow, Mom didn't report him missing until after his body had already been found. Did no one else miss him? Heartbreaking.

Homicide investigation continues.

At the time of the discovery, CCPD’s preliminary analysis indicated the remains were likely of a male who had a previous, serious head injury he would’ve sought medical treatment for.

Meanwhile, the Savannah Police Department’s missing person alert indicated Donald had a scar on his forehead.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation continues to test to determine the teen’s exact cause of death
.”

Chatham County PD:
912-651-4701.

CrimeStoppers: 912-234-2020.
(To remain anonymous/ qualify for a possible cash reward)
‘Suspected homicide’: Police investigate discovery of missing Savannah teen’s remains | WBTW

Gathering news reports
---------
Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen in ...
wgxa.tv › news › state-news › human-remains-found-id...

Oct 5, 2020 — SAVANNAH, Ga. ... Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen in suspected homicide ... Donald Jones/Source: Savannah Police Department ... have been identified as a teenager reported missing in Georgia.

Missing teen, Donald Jones' body found in Savannah | 11alive ...
www.11alive.com › news › local › missing-in-georgia

Oct 3, 2020 — Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen. Donald Jones' mother had reported him missing Sept. 21. This video file cannot be ...

Police: Human remains are missing Savannah teen; case ...
www.wjcl.com › article › police-human-remains-are-missi...

Breaking News: CORONAVIRUS IN GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA: ... results confirmed the remains ...
Oct 1, 2020

Skeletal remains found identified as Savannah missing teen ...
www.savannahnow.com › news › skeletal-remains-foun...

Oct 1, 2020 — Jones was reported missing to the Savannah Police Department on Monday, ... results confirmed the remains are those of 15-year-old Donald Jones. ... as a suspected homicide, and testing through the Georgia Bureau of ...

www.wsbtv.com › news › local › human-remains-identifi...

Oct 6, 2020 — Donald Jones' mother told Savannah police that she thought he left to ... as a suspected homicide, and testing through the Georgia Bureau of ...

Was Donald transgender? The photo with the article posted above looks like a girl.

ETA: the article posted by Judge Joe, has a picture that appears to be a girl.

Homicide investigation continues.

At the time of the discovery, CCPD’s preliminary analysis indicated the remains were likely of a male who had a previous, serious head injury he would’ve sought medical treatment for.

Snipped by me - one of the other alerts said he also had a sling on his arm. I wonder if the head injury and arm injury were from the same incident.

18th: Leaves Mom's house on Friday night to go spend the weekend with Grandma;
19th: Unidentified remains discovered; and
21st: Mom reports him missing when he doesn't show up home Monday??

I wonder was he actually headed to Grandma's place or was that just what he told mom? IMO, seems Mom wasn't expecting him home, but grandma also was not expecting him. Else, grandma probably would have called Mom to ask where he was and why he hadn't arrived yet. Monday comes and he hasn't arrived home so Mom reaches out to grandma only to find he wasn't there/hadn't arrived Friday night??

Was Donald transgender? The photo with the article posted above looks like a girl.

Steff13, I see a photo of someone female presenting in one link, but the first two links of the original post show a male presenting person sitting in a red sweater and looking down. I wonder if the article you referred to was an error on the news channel’s part? I find more links with the person in the red sweater than the other person.

I can’t locate anything about his personal life- almost nothing stated in his obituary, except that he died. I’m not getting a trans vibe off photos, but idk. The red sweatshirt that says “love” & has a heart almost looks like a snapchat type pic that’s been embellished maybe by a young girlfriend? Besides the fact that he’s died from foul play, I can’t stand the fact that there’s no obit or memorial posted. Perhaps the family is challenged financially or with covid or online access & know-how? But what about friends & teachers? Pastor? Church family? Neighborhood? This boy deserves justice but also sorrow that he’s no longer here.

Gathering news reports
---------
Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen in ...
wgxa.tv › news › state-news › human-remains-found-id...

Oct 5, 2020 — SAVANNAH, Ga. ... Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen in suspected homicide ... Donald Jones/Source: Savannah Police Department ... have been identified as a teenager reported missing in Georgia.

Missing teen, Donald Jones' body found in Savannah | 11alive ...
www.11alive.com › news › local › missing-in-georgia

Oct 3, 2020 — Human remains found, identified as missing Georgia teen. Donald Jones' mother had reported him missing Sept. 21. This video file cannot be ...

Police: Human remains are missing Savannah teen; case ...
www.wjcl.com › article › police-human-remains-are-missi...

Breaking News: CORONAVIRUS IN GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA: ... results confirmed the remains ...
Oct 1, 2020

Skeletal remains found identified as Savannah missing teen ...
www.savannahnow.com › news › skeletal-remains-foun...

Oct 1, 2020 — Jones was reported missing to the Savannah Police Department on Monday, ... results confirmed the remains are those of 15-year-old Donald Jones. ... as a suspected homicide, and testing through the Georgia Bureau of ...

www.wsbtv.com › news › local › human-remains-identifi...

Oct 6, 2020 — Donald Jones' mother told Savannah police that she thought he left to ... as a suspected homicide, and testing through the Georgia Bureau of ...
THANK YOU for taking the time to compile these articles. This boy’s murder, and the lack of information/ interest in his case, really, really bothers me. He is so young. Yet old enough to know what’s going on. He deserves the world to mourn for him & seek justice for him as long as it takes. Where are all the outraged people who will fight for DJJ to be remembered? For whom the bell tolls!

Steff13, I see a photo of someone female presenting in one link, but the first two links of the original post show a male presenting person sitting in a red sweater and looking down. I wonder if the article you referred to was an error on the news channel’s part? I find more links with the person in the red sweater than the other person.

I'm leaning towards an error in the pictures on the news outlet's part. But, if he was transgender, his death could be categorized as a hate crime. Mostly just thinking out loud.

I'm still bothered by his mom not reporting him missing for a few days after she last saw him. I can't imagine not at least texting one of my kids in that time period. Even just, "hey, did you make it to grandma's house ok?" or something.

THANK YOU for taking the time to compile these articles. This boy’s murder, and the lack of information/ interest in his case, really, really bothers me. He is so young. Yet old enough to know what’s going on. He deserves the world to mourn for him & seek justice for him as long as it takes. Where are all the outraged people who will fight for DJJ to be remembered? For whom the bell tolls!
I guess it could be up to us to advocate for him - JMO - I will set up a media maps and timeline thread

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back