GA - Donald Jones, 15, Homicide, gone to Grandma’s, Savannah, 19 Sept 2020

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by JudgeJoe, Oct 12, 2020.

1. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

In your professional opinion, if DJ’s remains were skeletal by Sept 19, when did he pass? Very hot & humid weather in Savannah, GA from May-Sept. It’s like a steam sauna outside for at least 5-6 months of the year. Coastal sub-tropical.

Angleterre and cpeacock1 like this.

2. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified Law Enforcement England

It would be really difficult to say because it is dependent upon so many factors other than the weather and in some cases ( and I have had it happen if you want to take the time to look up Regina V Brian Blackwell and the murder of his parents, Kenneth and Jacqueline), it can actually be that bodies can ‘mummify’ in heat so that they are leathery and intact on the outside but their insides have liquified .
    But even in the worst case scenario you are looking at 2 weeks IMOO

borndem, natesma and elliefant like this.
  3. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I'm getting the vibe that the family didn't do anything to him. I keep thinking that he told his mother he was going to stay at his grandmother's house, and stayed with friends instead. I can see a 15-year-old boy not reaching out to his mother for weeks, and the mother not thinking anything of it because he was supposed to be safe, with his grandmother. She trusts the grandmother, so she doesn't check if he's actually there, or maybe she did check and was informed that he wasn't there but maybe he had an history of doing that and showing up safe a few weeks later, so she doesn't freak out. The fact that we don't know much about this case makes it really hard to discuss things, because we have pretty much nothing to work with. It does seem like he was missing for way longer than what's been reported.

borndem, j_in_c and KatzEye like this.
  4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

5. natesma

natesma Well-Known Member

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Still no news?

JudgeJoe and elliefant like this.
  7. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Bumping for DJ...