GA GA - Forsyth Co, Newborn Baby Girl Found ALIVE in Plastic Bag, Jun 2019

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Gardener1850, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – Georgia investigators are hoping the public can help them identify a newborn who was found alive inside a plastic grocery bag in a wooded area of Forsyth County late Thursday.

Deputies found the child after a resident called 911 around 9 p.m. after hearing a baby crying, Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman said Friday. The child was found along an isolated stretch in the southern part of the county where there’s only one house. The occupants had just returned home from a vacation and were unpacking when they heard what they thought was an animal and went to investigate, Freeman said.

“When they arrived they found a near-full term infant female who was in a plastic bag in a wood line off the roadway,” Freeman said. The baby appeared to have been born hours before she was found.

Read more: Baby girl found alive in plastic bag near Georgia woods

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Hazelnutty, Laughing, Cortne and 11 others like this.
  2. Gardener1850

The above article says hospital workers named the girl "India". It sounds like she is stable and will survive. I hope she is placed in a loving home. And I hope those who abandoned her to die are found and prosecuted. MOO.

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

4. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Whew, this hurts the heart. How could anyone?

As Sheriff Freeman said “It is without doubt a divine intervention that this child was found,”

What an understatement -- remote setting, basically in a ditch in a plastic bag. Little darling probably would not have survived if those folks had taken even one more day vacation. She is just so meant to be alive.

5. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I think there can sometimes be circumstances where a female has given birth at home, is in a panic and not thinking straight, and they don't have the wherewithal or transportation to get to one of those health facilities (if they're aware of the Safe Haven law.

That might not be the circumstances here, I don't know.

I'm very grateful baby was found alive. I hope she will find amazing forever parents to give her the love and care she needs and deserves.

6. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

Sigh. I just hate these cases. I’m glad the baby survived.

7. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

I live just down the road from here. It's one of the wealthiest counties in the country. And while the baby was placed in an isolated stretch of road/woods it is NOT an isolated area. We're talking right next to one of the biggest wealthiest neighborhoods. The houses are over 400k to 700k.

Instead of being placed in a yard or doorstep baby was placed in a plastic bag deep in the nearest section of woods where the sheriff said she'd likely never have been found if the family hadn't heard her. My guess is a panicked teen hiding a pregnancy who didn't have a license or means to get baby anywhere else quickly and just wanted baby gone before being caught. But at the same time it was clearly done with the intent for baby to not be found. Scared teen or not she left the baby to die. There was not even a towel around the infant. It had been raining all day and thunderstorms all day and it was about to get even worse out there when baby was found.

I have a friend from this area as well who suggested someone involved in sex trafficking. But that really makes no sense to me. If someone was being trafficked I'd assume those over them would have worked out an abortion ahead of time. Or would have more carefully disposed of a baby once born so it would not be found at all. But a sex trafficked victim who could give birth and leave the home long enough to dump a baby in the woods without being watched or caught? I don't know....

8. Gardener1850

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

10. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

11. Gardener1850

It's so great to see baby is healthy. I hope she is placed in a loving home.
    At this point it doesn't seem like anyone will be coming forward to admit to abandoning her to die. I think LE will need to do a genealogical DNA test in order to find her birth mother's name. MOO.

12. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I worry that without finding the parents, baby India will not be eligible for adoption and some day her birth parents could waltz back into her life and disrupt her. I wish mom had just placed her for adoption the legal way and baby India would be protected.

13. Gardener1850

Video shows rescue of baby from plastic bag in Georgia woods

CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia sheriff released dramatic body-cam video Tuesday showing the rescue of a newborn girl who was found alive inside a plastic bag in the woods.

The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office made the video public in hopes that it will generate credible tips in the case.

NOTE: THE FOOTAGE HERE IS GRAPHIC AND VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[​IMG]
    Video shows rescue of baby from plastic bag in Georgia woods

14. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

She’s beautiful. There are just no words...

HayLouise, Hazelnutty, Cortne and 3 others like this.
  15. MsGazette

No-I’m with you with the scared teen. I still just have no words. What a miracle that they found her!

Hazelnutty, Laughing, Cortne and 2 others like this.
  16. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

More than 1,000 people want to adopt ‘Baby India,' newborn found wrapped in plastic bag in woods
    Jun 27 2019
    FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. - More than 1,000 people have offered to adopt a newborn girl who was found wrapped in a plastic bag in a wooded area in Georgia."

"Authorities are still hoping to find her mother."

"The sheriff’s office also posted a reminder that anyone can safely drop off a baby at a safe haven location. Mothers who believe they cannot properly care for their child or may be in a dangerous situation have 30 days to leave a newborn in the hands of someone at a fire station, police department or hospital."

HayLouise, Cortne, MsGazette and 3 others like this.
  17. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

18. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Deputy who found baby abandoned in bag: 'I wanted to give her comfort'

Jun 26, 2019

19. MsGazette

I have been thinking a lot about this. I think we will find that many times the safe haven law will not help. We have heard of other teens doing this. Throwing away babies. I can never for the life of me, having two babies myself, how a parent does not know their child is pregnant. I think maybe some parents are not involved? Anyways, my thoughts are that if they can’t drive...what’s the safe haven option? Especially if they are not resourceful and terrified of their parents. Just food for thought. More rambling. IMO. I hate that this happens.

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Sometimes very young and petite pregnant females barely "show" at all, while overweight, big girls might just look the same as always, just heavier, moo.
    You are quite right about the trouble to get to a safe place especially if you live in a rural area and do not/cannot drive.

The darker (and hopefully unlikely) side of things might be that it was not the mother's choice to leave the baby there.......
    Hope the mother is okay, for all we know she may be all alone or in an abusive situation and in very rough shape.
    speculation, imo.