MOLLIE TIBBETTS FOUND DEAD
Join the latest discussion

GA - Four killed, 1 injured in Penske shooting, Kennesaw, 12 Jan 2010

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Peachy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Peachy

Peachy New Member

This happened only about 15 miles from me. An ex-employee shot 5 people in the head. Two have died and three are wounded. Their condition has not been released yet. Prayers for their families. Suspect has been caught.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22217190/detail.html

2. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

JUST on HLN............

3. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Disgrunted truck driver
    2 dead 3 hurt........
    commercial right now.........

4. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

5. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

'Disgruntled ex-employee' is suspect in Georgia shooting, police say

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Two people were killed and three wounded Tuesday in a shooting at a Penske truck rental business in suburban Atlanta, authorities said.

The suspected gunman was a "disgruntled ex-employee," Cobb County police Sgt. Joe Hernandez told reporters. The man was a middle-aged white male, he said, estimating he was in his 50s. He had worked for Penske for several years, Hernandez said, but did not know when his employment ceased.

http://www.newsrunner.com/display-a...+in+shooting+at+Georgia+truck+rental+business

6. Peachy

Peachy New Member

7. Peachy

Peachy New Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22218065/detail.html

8. noZme

noZme Active Member

The teenage daughter of one of the men who was killed is best friend of our friend's step-daughter.... A news story to most is a life changing event for others. Prayers for all whose lives are torn apart by senseless violence in the world.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/5-shot-2-killed-273347.html

I see the shooter is one Jesse James Warren. I am beginning a thread downstairs about names & faces.... please join the discussion.

9. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

A father of one of the victims told CBS Atlanta's Bernard Watson that his son, Roberto Gonzalez, died in today's shooting. .

Cobb County Police say a disgruntled former employee, 60 year old Jesse James Warren of Temple, opened fire in the business Tuesday afternoon, killing two workers and critically wounding three others.

The hospital told CBS Atlanta late Tuesday afternoon that the facility received four of the victims. In addition to the one victim who died, officials said the other three male victims were in critical condition.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22217190/detail.html

My heart and prayers go out to the families.

In today's climate with the economy being so bad any employer that fires someone needs to be on heightened alert.

I wonder how long Warren had worked for Penske.

imo

10. Peachy

Peachy New Member

11. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Oh that's horrific, NoZ. Poor girl. Sending prayers up right now for these poor people.

12. kaych

kaych New Member

My husband works with Penske and has worked with these guys for over 12 years.

Roberto, (Berdo)'s wife Shauna is the sister of the other victim, Joshua Holbrook. He is still critical but talking. He was believed paralyzed from the neck down but he moved his finger and foot today!

Her best friend is Jodi Werner, whose husband is Zach Werner who was shot multiple times in the face. He is the most critical and is still having problems with his breathing and heart rate.

Shauna and her children (One of which Nozme spoke of) lost their father, and their uncle may be paralyzed. Their close family friend Zach is still touch and go.. this entire thing is surreal and just horrible. I can give updates as I get them, a close family friend is at the hospital with Jodi Werner (Zach Werners wife) and Amanda (Josh's wife)

This is especially close to me. My family has spent numerous birthdays and holidays with these people. They were at my wedding and baby shower.

Just horrible all around.

13. Peachy

Peachy New Member

Oh kaych, I am so sorry. Please let all of them know I'm praying for them. And yes, it is horrible. :(

14. kaych

kaych New Member

I know this is years old, and dead, but I felt I should update that a few months ago, Zach Werner lost his life due to complications from the shooting.

15. nomoresorrow

nomoresorrow New Member

I can't believe this case still, 4 years later, has not gone to trial. WTH!

16. kaych

kaych New Member

Jesse is currently in Georgia's mental health facility. They said he is unfit to stand trial.
    It breaks my heart everytime Bert's wife posts pictures of their daughters, for instance, last week was their prom. He should have been there.
    Zachs daughter just started college - he should have been there.

Its been 4 years and I Still wont go visit my husband while he works there. I avoid the road all together.

17. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From March 2015:

http://www.cbs46.com/story/28667403/victims-demand-justice-5-years-after-mass-shooting

From October:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-...warren-cant-be-forcibly-medicated-for-/nn6Yw/