GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, & Henry Valdez, 46, murdered, Cobb Co, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

Country Club Triple Murder: One victim, suspect knew each other | 11alive.com

One other interesting point from this article.

"Veal said Rhoden graduated from Campbell High School with honors."

Cobb County Schools are some of the best in GA, and while Campell isn't ranked the highest, it has a very desirable magnet program that attracts the best students from other schools in the County.

And we know that he also attended GSU for some period of time. So just a few years ago, it seemed that his life was on a good path. I wonder why we haven't heard from his Momma yet?

My post with the newspaper clip was deleted for not having a link to the original source (I think). It was from the Palm Beach Post, Sunday, March 14, 2010. It can be searched on newspapers.com.

It shows the accused killer had a nice childhood (IMO) and probably could’ve done many things with his life. Maybe Campbell HS isn’t the greatest school out of metro Atlanta options but it was once good enough for Julia Roberts. So thinking the same as alsleuther posted earlier.

32275DE0-C6A4-4BF4-AEF4-901D64FD00B4.jpeg 4EED47E8-6C69-4E32-9D7C-B73D1B15DEBD.jpeg

My post with the newspaper clip was deleted for not having a link to the original source (I think). It was from the Palm Beach Post, Sunday, March 14, 2010. It can be searched on newspapers.com.

It shows the accused killer had a nice childhood (IMO) and probably could’ve done many things with his life. Maybe Campbell HS isn’t the greatest school out of metro Atlanta options but it was once good enough for Julia Roberts. So thinking the same as alsleuther posted earlier.

View attachment 304765 View attachment 304766
Agreed, Noseynellie. I don't know many specifics about Campbell HS, but on Greatschools.org, I can see that it has an 87% graduation rate and 61% of those students go on to pursue higher education.

Explore Campbell High School in Smyrna, GA

My point was that he probably had some sort of decent family background and at one point in time (not that long ago) he was studying, getting good grades, graduating with honors and pursuing a college education. Where's his Mom? Usually at this point we'd be hearing some news stories about how he was such a good boy.

Side note, my friend's son is a straight A, all accelerated classes, honors student at arguably the best HS in all of Cobb County, Walton High School. She just told me last week that instead of going to Walton, he has instead chosen to do the Magnet program at Campbell High School. She told me this while dropping off old Cogat/Iowa prep test booklets that her kids were done with and she was passing on to my kids :) Of all my friends, she's the most focused on quality education for her kids and her first born just chose to go to Campbell :) So while Campbell may have so-so ratings compared to other Cobb County schools, if you are a good student, (as Rhoden presumably was per the friend that said he graduated with honors) they do have some impressive academic programs. So who knows?

Last edited:
Is Bruce Harvey really that good? How is his win and loss record?

He's not Ed Garland but pretty darn close. Not sure about his record but he has worked on some big cases especially in big A. He his quite comfortable with high profile and/or unusual cases. Also excellent at brokering deals when it doesn't appear that's an option.

An old friend of mine used him MANY years ago. Personally I wouldn't count him out on this one. MOO

I haven't seen one yet anywhere.

Nor have there been any comments at all from family or friends.

It's almost as if he was in the Federal Witness Protection program and this Pierson identity is a cover.

I suspect that in addition to the shock of his death, perhaps his family was unaware of any of his connections to marijuana, and maybe they are very conservative and just don't know how to handle the revelations/are ashamed.

This is a strange one for sure.

I suspect that in addition to the shock of his death, perhaps his family was unaware of any of his connections to marijuana, and maybe they are very conservative and just don't know how to handle the revelations/are ashamed.

This is a strange one for sure.
They may be very conservative, but even Kansas has a medical marijuana bill now and 36 states now have some form of legal pot. Alaska, Montana, South Dakota, Arizona and Michigan, all states with Republican-led legislatures have legalized recreational use.
Personally, I would never do a news interview, microphones freak me out. I certainly wouldn't stick my face onto this kind of high profile case and open myself up to the social media mobs, not even for my own brother.
How does that kind of exposure serve the family anyway, what's in it for them?

So if the murder victim is not the 76 year old Paul Pierson who is alive in Topeka, KS, who is he.

Did we ever find out which state license plates were on the white pickup, that has been described as owned by Pierson? I assume they determine ownership by the vehicle registration and insurance documents.

They may be very conservative, but even Kansas has a medical marijuana bill now and 36 states now have some form of legal pot. Alaska, Montana, South Dakota, Arizona and Michigan, all states with Republican-led legislatures have legalized recreational use.
Personally, I would never do a news interview, microphones freak me out. I certainly wouldn't stick my face onto this kind of high profile case and open myself up to the social media mobs, not even for my own brother.
How does that kind of exposure serve the family anyway, what's in it for them?

Good point. For some reason I thought that they said that they were going to issue a statement, which is why people were waiting for one. But you're right, I can't imagine why they would.

So if the murder victim is not the 76 year old Paul Pierson who is alive in Topeka, KS, who is he.

Did we ever find out which state license plates were on the white pickup, that has been described as owned by Pierson? I assume they determine ownership by the vehicle registration and insurance documents.

Paul LeRoy Pierson is the 74 year old alive in Topeka. The Paul Pierson I found in Kansas had a different middle name (and I do believe he is/was 76).

I'm not sure about the Kansas connection and that previous post with the theory Pierson is a fake identity from the witness protection program is as good a guess as any. jmo
A disguised person in the witness protection program, a confidential informant, and a really nice guy who owns a cannabis dispensary.
If any of that is true, gotta wonder who the silent partners are, that may be the real murderer who the cops were originally setting up to bust before he killed everyone. /speculation
The original description of the shooter was not Bryan Rhoden.
Or maybe I just watch too many movies.
There's a brief bio on Pierson's company website and some photos of the truck.
Looking at photos of his biz address on Google maps, it's all very strange.
About

Ontario OR Pilot Test 1.jpg Ontario OR Pilot Test 2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-07-23-19-09-19-41.jpg

Paul Pierson's death stirs confusion with Topekan Paul L. Pierson
"The middle name of the slain Paul Pierson hasn't been released.
It quoted public documents as saying the slain Pierson spent much of his adult life in and around California’s Wine Country, and was the director, president, treasurer and secretary of Mound House, Nev.-based EcoServices Environmental Remediation Services Inc.
The telephone number that business lists on its website is no longer a working number, The Capital-Journal learned Tuesday.
The newspaper tried unsuccessfully to make contact with several people online records suggested were connected with the slain Pierson.
No obituary for him could be found."

Rapper charged with Gene Siller's murder knew other victims: report
"..a friend of Valdez told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Rhoden knew the other two victims.
Pierson — who was in Georgia from Topeka, Kansas — was a longtime associate of Valdez who also had previous dealings with the suspected killer, the paper said, without elaborating. Pierson’s relatives have not responded to requests for comment, AJC said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back