Found Alive GA - Gregory Jean, 9, Jonesboro, 2010 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by amymarie, Nov 29, 2014.

1. amymarie

amymarie Member

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/27505254/boy-rescued-after-being-missing-for-four-years

They haven't released the name yet but I'm wondering if this boy has a thread on here somewhere. So glad he has been rescued!!

From the article:

Police responded to a welfare check call on Duke Court at 2 a.m. and found the boy hidden behind a false wall within the residence.

Five people in the house were taken into custody. Charges include false imprisonment and cruelty to children.

The victim's mother lives out of state and is currently traveling to Georgia to reunite with her son, who has been missing for approximately four years.

2. Loading...

3. amymarie

amymarie Member

I would love for this to be Kyron Horman!!!

4. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

I wonder who he is? Can't imagine the joy and tears that this mommy and son will have when they embrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is a custodial situation or an actual abduction? I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more information to come out.

6. amymarie

amymarie Member

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

8. Magdalyn

Magdalyn New Member

9. Magdalyn

Magdalyn New Member

DCAFS in Florida procedure for a missing child includes:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/pu...eporting and Services to Missing Children.pdf

In Georgia:

http://www.odis.dhr.state.ga.us/300...ter 10-Foster Care/10.24 Missing Children.doc

It doesn't matter what the immigrant mother knew or didn't know. State child care agencies know this. It is protocol. If this child has been knowingly missing (knowingly by a child welfare agency) and they have never reported to any LE agency, they themselves endangered the child and should be charged with gross negligence, IMO.

10. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

This part of the article makes me SO sad. I know it is SOP, but... I hope that he is reunited with his mother very, very soon!

11. Moonlit

Moonlit New Member

12. imjustagirl123

imjustagirl123 Justice for Morgan and Hannah

Delighted for this little kid and his mom xx

13. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

Saw the reunion on TV and came here to look. No way that boy looked 13 to me! I would have guessed 8 years old!

When it's a father abduction, there are usually not a lot of resources thrown at it unless there is some thought of immediate danger.

I had hoped it was Adji Desir when I heard African American, four years missing, mother from out of state, immigrant.
    But Adji has been missing 5 years and would not have been 13. Also, Adji's dad was in Haiti at the time he went missing IIRC.

14. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Yeah Adji was almost completely nonverbal when he went missing and this child seems quite communicative.

15. amymarie

amymarie Member

I agree that he looks about eight, which means he is probably malnourished. I am so upset that dfacs didn't do more for this boy! They should have told the mother to contact authorities and should have hounded her until she did so.

16. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

What a wonderful Thanksgiving ending to a tragic story for both the mom and her son.
    I don't know what they mean by cell "app" unless they mean it was on a tablet or something. It seems odd that the boy would even have access to a cell phone and then be able to still keep the phone after the first call, but I am sure glad that LE did respond to that second call and finally found him.

By the way, here is the link to the first thread on Adji. I wish there would be a happy ending for him too!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?77918-FL-Adji-Desir-6-Immokalee-10-Jan-2009-1

17. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

18. KateB

KateB New Member

19. jslk

jslk Member

20. melodyl

melodyl Member

The whole thing is crazy. What were the fathers motives for hiding him? To hurt the Mom? To avoid paying child support? Absolutely insane.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

21. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the mother was here illegally so therefore afraid of the police....not sure if that's truly the reason this was never reported or not.

Am wondering if access to the phone was apparently just recent or why he never utilized it before. poor kid.....frozen with fear....heartbreaking.