GUILTY GA - Groom, 15, Pregnant Bride, 37, add up to trouble!

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/1105/15metnewlyweds.html

They arrived at the Dawson County [GA] Courthouse last Tuesday, this 37-year-old woman and this 15-year-old boy.

They applied for a marriage license — after all, there was nothing to stop them — and later that day, a retired magistrate judge married the two in the driveway of his home in Cumming.

There were no flowers. No rings. No white dress.

But instead of living happily ever after, their unlikely affair is the talk of Georgia. It has angered child welfare advocates, and it landed Lisa Lynnette Clark, the 37-year-old woman — who is pregnant with the teenager's baby — behind bars...

Under Georgia law, teenagers can marry as long as they're at least 16 years old and have permission from their parents or legal guardian.

If the bride is pregnant, parental consent isn't required, and age is no longer a factor either, according to the law.

"With Georgia law the way it is, we had no choice," said Tammy Chester, Dawson County's probate clerk. "We went through all the proper procedures."

But a day after the two were married, authorities in Hall County, where Clark and the teenager lived, issued a warrant for her arrest, charging her with child molestation.

Georgia law defines molestation as doing "any immoral or indecent act to or in the presence of or with any child under the age of 16 years with the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the person."

Some legal experts marveled at the contradiction.

"It seems very inconsistent," said Tanya Washington, assistant professor of law at Georgia State University. "How can the state issue a marriage license condoning the relationship and at the same time press charges against the bride for child molestation?"

more at link...you might not be able to open it since it requires a registration

:0 This is sick. Hot topic here!:mad: What the hell is wrong with people!?!!?:slap:

image_1945815.jpg

The pregnant Bride

If the law is age 16 - then why did they marry them in the first place. The blame should be placed on the person who issued the license for not stopping it.

The article says that if the bride is pregnant, parental consent and age is not considered.

Of course this law was passed when it was USUALLY the groom older and the bride younger I guess.

However, whoever issued the license did not realize that this was a case of "molestation". What a dummy - didn't check with any authorities - the bride in her 30's and pregnant????? With a fifteen-year-old? Come on.

I'm sure the "molestation" charge will trump the marriage license, and it will be annulled. The woman is sick, now who's going to raise the baby? Pitiful.

The boy's grandmother is absolutely apolectic (sp?). Apparently the sexual affair had been going on since the boy was 12!

Of course Grandma was appalled!! Everyone should be BUT who was supposed to be watching the kid? Somewhere out there should be an adult in charge of the "youngster". Besides the 37 y/o perv woman....

One of those bizarre situations that was not thought of when the law was passed - I'm sure they were thinking of a young couple of kids - 16 and 18 year old for example.

lynie said:
Of course Grandma was appalled!! Everyone should be BUT who was supposed to be watching the kid? Somewhere out there should be an adult in charge of the "youngster". Besides the 37 y/o perv woman....
The grandma thought the woman (the mother of his best friend) was trustworthy, until she recently discovered a cache of love letters. It appears grandma had custody of the boy, so his biological parents were not in the picture.

Pook said:
image_1945815.jpg

The pregnant Bride

If the law is age 16 - then why did they marry them in the first place. The blame should be placed on the person who issued the license for not stopping it.

The JP who married them (in his driveway, no less!) said the boy looks older than 15 and the woman only looks to be in her early 20s, and was obviously pregnant. He had no clue that anything was wrong. :doh:

I really thought you had to show some form of ID to get married. I think we had to have our birth certificates and all kinds of stuff to get our marriage license. Who knows if this is even legal until they get the license and blood tests done?

However, I will say that this area is a wide mixture of high end new homes and subdivisions, older rural sections, and small pockets of extreme poverty.

concernedperson said:
In all cases this is wrong. No matter what the jurisdictions say.

ITA. I am just curious how her trial is going to shake out, and if the marriage can be anulled.

lets get this straight.........

Some scum knocks up a teenager and says lets get married .........
its legal then??

I want to ask......
To you parents ....those over 21.... Is it???

The foundation of this entire structure of law is that children are owned possessions...
Unite a kingdom with another ..........
Are we of that notion now?? Should our laws of 2005 reflect that ??

The DA from Hall County was just on Catherine Crier's show and stated that her pre-lim is scheduled for Nov. 30th and he believes he has probable cause. In addition, Catherine said she heard the kid was picked up and sent to juvvie on some charges. He confirmed he was picked up but wouldn't say what the charges were.

This is a big mess.She could do 20 years and her baby sent to DFACS. Her son that is her husband's age has lost his mother and his best friend. The judge that allowed the marriage looks like a yahoo that didn't read the papers and assumed that because she looked younger and he looked older it was OK. I think the marriage will be annulled without any problem.

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- A 37-year-old woman who is seven months pregnant by her 15-year-old groom says she prefers older men, but the teenager aggressively wooed her.

Lisa Clark, who is charged with child molestation, statutory rape and enticing a child for indecent purposes, said in television interviews Monday that she still hopes to make a life with him and their baby.

She said the morality of their relationship was open to debate, noting that in the past it was common for 13-year-old girls to be given in marriage.

"They're making a big deal out of a 15-year-old," she told WAGA-TV in Atlanta. "And I can assure you that he was no victim.

"It's not like they are making it out to be. Actually, I'd told him 'no' several times because I prefer someone older, but he was just so nice and so sweet," she said.
:sick: :sick: :sick:

STORY AT:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/13/child.groom.ap/index.html

She was on CNN and I heard her say she thought he was 17, at least that is what he told her. Like that's supposed to make a difference??:doh:

She's 37 so what in the world is she even doing messing around with someone who could be her own kid. I know, I know men have women 20 years their junior and it doesn't get the same reaction.

I am only 7 years older than my husband's son. :eek:

My step mother is 6 years older then I and my baby sister is younger then all of my own children.

That being said my father and she did not get together until she was in her 30's

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back