GA GA - Janice Hughes, 30, Macon, 8 June 1991

Do anyone knows how I can get her in Nams database

I can enter her or you can make a user name & password to enter her yourself. You would need to contact LE to get the MP report number. That's the only thing I'm not seeing. ~Hugs

Has anyone seen the MP report #?

I haven't, Roselvr. I'm hoping Lataviahughes will check back in soon here.

One thing I do know -- the original report was filed with the Macon (GA) Police Department. Within the last couple of years, the city of Macon and Bibb County have merged governments, so there is no MPD any longer -- it's now in the hands of the Bibb County Sheriff's Office. From the article linked in the first post of this thread:

...The old Macon Police Department missing person file shows Isabell Hughes last heard from her daughter at 1 a.m. on June 8, 1991.Janice Hughes called to say she was coming over but never showed.

In the years since, officers have continually searched digital records for Janice Hughes’ Social Security number, but there is no sign of activity.

Capt. Jimmy Barbee, of the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, said the file is regularly updated for the Georgia Crime Information Center. ...

http://www.macon.com/2015/01/30/3560240/no-trace-of-macon-woman-who-disappeared.html

So at least it does sound like the report still exists and hasn't been lost, etc. That's good.

I haven't, Roselvr. I'm hoping Lataviahughes will check back in soon here.

One thing I do know -- the original report was filed with the Macon (GA) Police Department. Within the last couple of years, the city of Macon and Bibb County have merged governments, so there is no MPD any longer -- it's now in the hands of the Bibb County Sheriff's Office. From the article linked in the first post of this thread:

http://www.macon.com/2015/01/30/3560240/no-trace-of-macon-woman-who-disappeared.html

So at least it does sound like the report still exists and hasn't been lost, etc. That's good.

sent her a PM

Just bumping Janice's thread up so if Lataviahughes checks in during the weekend she will be more likely to see that there has been activity.

Just bumping Janice's thread up so if Lataviahughes checks in during the weekend she will be more likely to see that there has been activity.

I'm in the process of getting the case number it might be a few days waiting for the person that's helping to get back in her office

I'm in the process of getting the case number it might be a few days waiting for the person that's helping to get back in her office

That's good news, Lataviahughes -- maybe you will have it soon and can move forward. Thank you for updating us!

Her case number is M9145229

Great work!

Are you in contact with the poster Roselvr, Lataviahughes? That is who posted to say the case number was needed, etc. -- I believe she may be communicating with you privately about whether you want her to help you with the next steps of the process of getting your mom's case into NamUs. Just wanting to make sure you two don't miss each other.

Her case number is M9145229

Thank you! It was no rush. I tried to reply to your last PM but your inbox was full. They make your inbox larger as you get more posts at WS. I will start entering her the next time I sit down long enough.

I am so relieved to know that Janice's case will be getting into NamUs, think it is such an important step forward.

I live in Florida how can I go by doing that

This Lady that knows my husband is also helping with the Case she has a friend down here that works for the police department here in Florida and one share works for GBI she has reached out to them for help

I live in Florida how can I go by doing that

I expect Roselvr will be back here on the thread or contact you by pm to answer your question, but in the meantime, hope you can view the link below from NamUs that outlines the protocol. To me, it sounds like the DNA collection kit could be sent to law enforcement where you live, once they agree to assist, etc. But Roselvr can probably fill in the details for you.

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

Your grandmother (your mom's mom) is still living, correct? Do you think she would be willing to give a sample as well? Does she also live in Florida?

This Lady that knows my husband is also helping with the Case she has a friend down here that works for the police department here in Florida and one share works for GBI she has reached out to them for help

Sounds like you are rounding up some good help, Lataviahughes. That's great!

I expect Roselvr will be back here on the thread or contact you by pm to answer your question, but in the meantime, hope you can view the link below from NamUs that outlines the protocol. To me, it sounds like the DNA collection kit could be sent to law enforcement where you live, once they agree to assist, etc. But Roselvr can probably fill in the details for you.

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

Your grandmother (your mom's mom) is still living, correct? Do you think she would be willing to give a sample as well? Does she also live in Florida?

I dnt think she would it's hard for her to e end talk about it. No she lives in Macon Georgia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back