GA GA - Janice Hughes, 30, Macon, 8 June 1991

The Charley Project updated the profile. The bold part is what is new.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 8, 1991 from Macon, Georgia
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: February 28, 1961
• Height and Weight: 5'5, 135 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Hughes has a tubal ligation scar on her abdomen.

The NamUs profile is now available to view.

Case Report

Also, the picture of Janice is from 1988 according to NamUs.
Yay! I am so pleased Janice has made it into NamUs. Sounds like DNA is at least in the works, too...? I think of Janice's case and of Latavia very often.

One thing is puzzling me -- never noticed before, but on her Charley Project, under investigating agency, it says: "If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Springdale Police Department 724-274-9022".
Huh...? That can't be right, can it? Shouldn't it be the Bibb County Sheriff's Department, as on NamUs? (Originally it was Macon PD, but that department is no more, after a city/county merger.)

I contacted Charley Project about the contact info on Janice's profile, the contact info is now correct.

Pam let us know that the samples are at the lab and in que to be processed.

NamUs profile - DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Pam let us know that the samples are at the lab and in que to be processed.

NamUs profile - DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Contacted Pamela Reed last night to see if there was anything she could tell me; Latavia's DNA was put in Que in late December, it could be another month. I have to get back to her mid April.

Roselvr or Latavia: Is there any news to share?

Thanks for bumping the thread. Been trying to get over here. I'd been checking NamUs every day since my last reply, I had an alarm in my cell that went off daily at 1:20. Friday May 20 I checked pretty early in the day, just happened to catch it.

I emailed Pam who let me know she was working on it and to tell Latavia she'd contact her when done. Honestly I haven't spoken to Latavia. Figured she would let me know. I know Janice's profile is still online so I don't think there were any hits. Really sad that LE back then didn't do more leg work.

I have never seen DNA take so long to process except for Jason Callahan who was identified as Grateful Dead Fan. It means that there is more DNA to process which gives hope to other cases.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28874/0/

Hey guys it was this street name Whitehall I noticed was in Macon Georgia looks like I place my mom would go when we was with her a close by a place called freedom park with a big lake I’m really thinking her boyfriend probably killed her and put under the water in his car I might me wrong but. I feel in my heart I’m right.

I'll be shocked if her BF didn't kill her. He probably dumped her remains. CP says she was arrested shoplifting but if I remember right, it was stuff to support her 5 kids. Things were way different back then with men supporting their kids. She had to do what she had to do. Thankfully her aunt stepped up to raise the kids.

I haven't been on FB due to being in a funk about my dad's 15 year anniversary since July, so haven't spoken to her daughter. If she comes here she really should do Ancestry DNA (it's on sale for $59) and upload to GEDmatch and FTDNA because you never know where he put her remains. DNA doe project may have a Doe that is Janice. That's the only way to get a match unless someone in her family is already at GEDmatch and FTDNA.

Georgia was the pits with putting Does and missing online. If it wasn't for her daughter, I wouldn't have gotten her on NamUs. I believe I put her on Doe net too. They're my screen shots being used, I cropped her mug shots.

*Please only do Ancestry DNA and not My Heritage which is $39. You have to pay shipping of $12, then another few dollars to ship it back to them plus buy a data plan for $100 to see info on DNA matches. You can upload your ancestry DNA for free to my heritage and pay $29 for those DNA tools. Ancestry is way cheaper in the end, ends up being a one time fee of $69.

I just did ancestry dna the beginning of the year. I really haven’t been on here much. And today I decided to check her because today is her Birthday

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back