GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

The item above from post 1 in the thread indicates the family received bad information from DeKalb not another jurisdiction.

Also of note is the 6th September item giving the correct reg number. By 6th Sept, the car had already been found on the 5th, so why is the request to find the car still being put out?

I didn't understand that article to suggest that the car was missing--it just identified her and the car. It may be that there was a poster connected that specified that the car was missing, but I can't see that on my screen. If so, it may have been the only poster they had to circulate at that time. Just my speculation.

I didn't understand that article to suggest that the car was missing--it just identified her and the car. It may be that there was a poster connected that specified that the car was missing, but I can't see that on my screen. If so, it may have been the only poster they had to circulate at that time. Just my speculation.
Giving out the details of a car that has already been retrieved by LE doesn't make any sense to me. But nothing much has made sense to me about this case. I mean she had two phones and they still don't know her movements after 3 months ?

Giving out the details of a car that has already been retrieved by LE doesn't make any sense to me. But nothing much has made sense to me about this case. I mean she had two phones and they still don't know her movements after 3 months ?

We are going round and round but no new information. I hope this is due to the fact that LE has some leads that they don't want to share with the public. It is hard for me to believe LE still doesn't know about her movements/tracked her phones....I'm following the MP case of Sydney Loofe and within a couple of days they knew where her phone pinged the last time, after it went dead and -by neighbors, so not confirmed- even managed to dig it up from a yard. Sadly enough even that didn't bring them any closer to finding the girl. So for Jenna...it is very sad that LE, in my eyes, didn't act very accurate when she went missing. The first 24 hours are essential in an investigation....Indeed a very strange case, why is LE not communicating? Maybe not enough public pressure....I don't know...

We are going round and round but no new information. I hope this is due to the fact that LE has some leads that they don't want to share with the public. It is hard for me to believe LE still doesn't know about her movements/tracked her phones....Maybe not enough public pressure....I don't know...

It seems to me that the family and LE are not interested in the public's help - no searches, no flyers, no media, very few posts. On the latest FB post someone asked about the phones and the reply was "the police are working on it". Yet Subie told us over a month ago that they have had the pings. I get the sense that they are just perfunctory posts.
I suspect that the family and LE know exactly what happened to Jenna and who is involved but without a body and sufficient evidence, LE cannot charge anyone. They are just waiting for someone to make a mistake.
Just my opinion.

It seems to me that the family and LE are not interested in the public's help - no searches, no flyers, no media, very few posts. On the latest FB post someone asked about the phones and the reply was "the police are working on it". Yet Subie told us over a month ago that they have had the pings. I get the sense that they are just perfunctory posts.
I suspect that the family and LE know exactly what happened to Jenna and who is involved but without a body and sufficient evidence, LE cannot charge anyone. They are just waiting for someone to make a mistake.
Just my opinion.
Agreed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just my opinion.

I'm with you!

Just my opinion.

Been right there with you for a while! Or for somebody to get a conscience.

I agree with you all. It does sound like they suspect what has happened but cannot do anything about it.

Marking my spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion.
I agree and thought this from the very beginning. I think they all had some idea.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I was doing some window-shopping today on Etsy, and their ad feed showed me the following item:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110630...ing-60s-applique?ref=search_recently_viewed-3

Egyptian Wall Hanging 60s Applique Souvenir Textile Art Boho Art Deco Decor
Don't wait. There's only 1 of these available.
Vintage item from the 1960s
Materials: cotton, thread, cardboard, staples, linen

il_570xN.379379503_edtb.jpg

I hope the image posted. Is this textile like the one that is missing from Jenna's parents' house? Could it be the textile?

I have not read all four threads, but have read the wonderful "Updates casestory/timeline" summary posted by Bit of Hope at the beginning of this thread. Thanks for doing that, Bit of Hope!

Hoping this link might be a clue to finding Jenna!

It's close, but it looks like the "skirt" being worn by one of them on the right side has vertical black & white stripes. I don't see this on the version you linked to.

I was doing some window-shopping today on Etsy, and their ad feed showed me the following item:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110630...ing-60s-applique?ref=search_recently_viewed-3

attachment.php

I hope the image posted. Is this textile like the one that is missing from Jenna's parents' house? Could it be the textile?

I have not read all four threads, but have read the wonderful "Updates casestory/timeline" summary posted by Bit of Hope at the beginning of this thread. Thanks for doing that, Bit of Hope!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Atlanta-18-Aug-2017-3&p=13770719#post13770719

@coastal

Here is a link to a very similar artwork that Sonnenschein found. It looks like it could be the same. That previous poster wouldn't give a link but said they had informed family. I notice your site is a NY shop. Perhaps the OP can confirm if it is the same link hopefully.

Eta I notice yours is stated to be a vintage 1960's item and its only $76. The stolen one was WW2 so 15-20 years older only. A good buy I think and a good find, well done.

View attachment 127099

Of all the info on this thread, this is probably the most valuable. Cudos to you. My takeaways:
The shop selling this piece is in New York.
If its one and the same, someone went to great lengths to get it out of the Atlanta area. Not saying it is the same....
I had the impression that this was valuable. The site is selling this one for $100.....not even a drop in the bucket in the art world.
Could someone have taken it off the wall as a distraction to the real event? Might it be meaningless in the big scheme of things? IMO

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Of all the info on this thread, this is probably the most valuable. Cudos to you. My takeaways:
The shop selling this piece is in New York.
If its one and the same, someone went to great lengths to get it out of the Atlanta area. Not saying it is the same....
I had the impression that this was valuable. The site is selling this one for $100.....not even a drop in the bucket in the art world.
Could someone have taken it off the wall as a distraction to the real event? Might it be meaningless in the big scheme of things? IMO

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
I don't think this is the same tapestry as the one in the photo with the silhouette head. However, we have all been assuming the photo with the silhouette is a photo of the actual tapestry that was in the home. I don't think they said it was, so it might not be. (Although I think it probably is, ha ha.) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans