GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning there was talk of sex trafficking, then is was squashed. But still mentioned along the way. Perhaps the investigation is bigger than we know and the feds are involved in trying to break the sex trafficking ring open. The parents may be playing along still looking for info, etc, as the Feds work on getting Jenna and other girls out of this sex trafficking ring in Georgia or where it may be. We may get the feeling that Georgia LE isn't doing much maybe it's out of their hands and in the hands of the FEDS. If this is the case, no one is saying anything. Rightfully so.
Parents have said that LE have known it's a homicide since November. So it needs to be investigated as such if that is true IMO.

There has been discussion and disagreements about this from time to time so i guess some of us will have to agree to disagree. I'm watching another Atlanta missing person case right now...... for totally different reasons, the media is very involved, small and large searches are being conducted, LE has given updates, and it seems that no stone is being left unturned. I feel that LE didn't take Jenna's case seriously at first and important timing was lost. The family did and continues to do the very best they could and Subie was phenomenal. But the truth is, they shouldn't have had to undertake that responsibility. But with no arrest(s) and the lack of GBI Involvement, yes, sadly, I think Dekalb & Atlanta LE really let Jenna's family down. My heart breaks for Jenna and the Van Gelderen family.

Parents have said that LE have known it's a homicide since November. So it needs to be investigated as such if that is true IMO.

I know that I missed a couple of pages but I don’t remember this. Was it on their Facebook page for her?

ETA: i have lost my 'report' button but anyone can gladly report this post for me and ask admin if we can bring the text over from fb :)

ETA (again!) My tapatalk is playing up and i lost my original post argh! I have asked WS admin if we can bring over the text from Jennas dads fb referencing the homicide investigation. Its in limbo but if anyone can ask aswell it will help.

I know that I missed a couple of pages but I don’t remember this. Was it on their Facebook page for her?
Unfortunately this is just one of the problems with this case. It was not posted on the Help Find page but on the local Next door site by J's father. Stanly has requested permission to post it. We cannot verify it because neither LE nor MSM have confirmed a homicide has taken place so it is just opinion at present.

Unfortunately this is just one of the problems with this case. It was not posted on the Help Find page but on the local Next door site by J's father. Stanly has requested permission to post it. We cannot verify it because neither LE nor MSM have confirmed a homicide has taken place so it is just opinion at present.

Oh darn. Well that is definitely a very sad update. I wonder why LE hasn’t come out and said it was a homocide but told the parents they suspect it was? I wonder what would cause the police to keep that so close to their chest? Maybe to make the person responsible get sloppy thinking no one is on to them?

At 25:00 in the podcast interview with Leon, the host gets it exactly right: so what if she was a prostitute and/or drug addict? And frankly, I think in defending her innocence alone we are being way too soft on this, denying it, trying to wash our hands of it, keep up appearances for everyone. One can’t conclude with certainty that was her lifestyle, but I can definitely see a judgy type sneering, "oh, she's got that urban look and the people she associates with are low-lives." Or perhaps your religion or race or ethnicity isn’t getting the same priority as the cute blonde missing from soccer practice. Here's what anyone in that situation should say to investigators the second they start with that:

Prove it.

When they can’t, please hire the biggest, baddest lawyer you can get and voila, some suit perks up and your missing person matters. I hope that will still happen, if not to find her then to make useful changes in how these cases are managed. Would love to be proved wrong, but everyone is giving us way too much credit with RICO talk, feds or no. ATL has a hilariously weak infrastructure. Economically and in government, it relies on the transient/unsustainable, and LE could probably use a little more TLC. I'm sure anyone worth their salt is underpaid, overworked, surrounded by underqualified people and constantly deflecting negative feedback from above and outside.

Man, to not take this seriously on the basis of assumptions and hearsay from some rando, well I can't even imagine how that one happened. Someone please help them.

LE could probably use a little more TLC. I'm sure anyone worth their salt is underpaid, overworked, surrounded by underqualified people and constantly deflecting negative feedback from above and outside.

They definitely could use some TLC. The people of ATL, in my opinion - based on my neighborhood, definitely overwork them. I feel like the underwood hills neighborhood calls the police at least 3-4 times a day to come check something. If not more. Any unrecognized car driving through the neighborhood gets a police call, heaven forbid if they drive slow. I've had them called on me while taking my dog for a drive (she has a bad leg and it was raining) and I live there. Car break-ins every night. Burglaries every day. Multiple homicides, missing persons, runaway children, sex trafficking, drugs flowing out of west end, bankhead, and vine city. The income inequality is an incredible driver of crime with an underpaid police force. At this point underwood hills residents chip in to pay an off duty policeman to patrol at night.

Jenna may have been overlooked for whatever reason. I feel most cases do in Atlanta, the current one that's getting a lot of media coverage says the person has already been missing for two weeks. Two weeks.

Well then if that is the case they must have found blood in her car, apartment or somewhere that tested to be Jenna's. Probably her car. That is a very strong statement LE used when speaking to her parents. You can be sure it is not based on NOTHING. For all we know she was found and buried privately, and they are now looking for information on who was involved or enough for a grand jury indictment. Quite possible it's a charade to capture the person.

Similar to when people go missing we find out they returned but we will never know the story behind it. To not discuss details, and have privacy is actually the right of all of these families.Whether we like it or not. Sad for Jenna.

@houndpounder...... Hard to say what LE has found to suspect homicide. Maybe Jennas phone data matched phone data of one of her "friends" and yes, Jenna's DNA/blood or clothing may have been found somewhere or with someone she knows. And who knows, the tapestry may have been located. JMO, but I don't think Jenna's family would go along with playing into a secret / deceptive plot with LE to get an arrest. LE ought to be able to do that on their own. At this point, I hope Jenna's family finds peace and closure very soon.

@houndpounder...... Hard to say what LE has found to suspect homicide. Maybe Jennas phone data matched phone data of one of her "friends" and yes, Jenna's DNA/blood or clothing may have been found somewhere or with someone she knows. And who knows, the tapestry may have been located. JMO, but I don't think Jenna's family would go along with playing into a secret / deceptive plot with LE to get an arrest. LE ought to be able to do that on their own. At this point, I hope Jenna's family finds peace and closure very soon.
So are your comments speculation or do you have any substantive evidence for any of the comments?
I've not heard LE state in any public venue that this is a homicide. Can you please provide a link?

Parents making statements, although concern for them, is not evidence of a homicide.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Of course her parents would be involved in a plot to nail someone that hurt their daughter, it goes on all the time.
Prime example: Laura Wallen's parents did it, publicly and on live television.
In their case a calculated decision was made by LE to do this press conference along with her parents who were in on it. They wanted to see what her boyfriend would say and how he would act. Her parents went above and beyond to get her boyfriend Taylor. The mother even held his hand and her father was patting him. ALL STAGED. Her body was located a short time later and he was arrested.

You can watch it here and listen to the report they will tell you it was staged. Does it matter if you plot against your child's killer, POI, to obtain info?

In these cases the rules are: there are no rules or social graces.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/police-missing-pregnant-teacher-found-dead/

Having been on this thread from day 1, I agree that this was the issue.
Stated quite well by her father.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sept 18, 2017

"Leon told "Dateline" that initial inaccuracies about his daughter were given to police and the media, hindering some of the search efforts.

Those rumors, he believes, were spread by those who perhaps have more information about Jenna's case than they have reported."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...enna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306

At houndpounder...... I know these plots happen, Im not disagreeing with you. IMO, I think Jennas family is so frustrated and totally over the way they perceive the case has been handled by LE that I just don't think they'd trust Atlanta/Dekalb PD enough to think they could pull it off. Why give them another chance to botch it up? I have no evidence to confirm this, just my opinion.

@ henry2326...... Just reread my post to make sure I didn't mistakenly quote LE. NOWHERE did I quote LE as stating the case is a homicide. Words and phrases like "Hard to say what LE found to SUSPECT homicide", "MAYBE phone data", "DNA or clothing MAY have been found", and "tapestry MAY have been located" were used. These are not quotes from LE. And LE has not stated on a public venue that the case is being treated as a homicide, as far as I know. To me, based on my wording, it's obvious what I've stated is speculation. Hope this clears up your question / accusation.

Having been on this thread from day 1, I agree that this was the issue.
Stated quite well by her father.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sept 18, 2017

"Leon told "Dateline" that initial inaccuracies about his daughter were given to police and the media, hindering some of the search efforts.

Those rumors, he believes, were spread by those who perhaps have more information about Jenna's case than they have reported."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...enna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306

I agree!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think most of us can agree that whatever has happened to J, it seems that the family need more to be done by LE, whether that be by giving a statement, bringing in the GBI, or by other means. Perceived lifestyle should not dictate investigation efforts, if that has happened - and I am not saying it has.
:cow:

@ henry2326...... Just reread my post to make sure I didn't mistakenly quote LE. NOWHERE did I quote LE as stating the case is a homicide. Words and phrases like "Hard to say what LE found to SUSPECT homicide", "MAYBE phone data", "DNA or clothing MAY have been found", and "tapestry MAY have been located" were used. These are not quotes from LE. And LE has not stated on a public venue that the case is being treated as a homicide, as far as I know. To me, based on my wording, it's obvious what I've stated is speculation. Hope this clears up your question / accusation.
Accusations end with periods....other than my opinion in the last sentence, the rest ended in questions. I do agree with you that we will agree to disagree.

I've not found one public comment by LE on this case....and rightly so.

Stated nicely, Shiressleuth, I totally agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member