GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #5

This is a post from Subie, Jenna's brother, don't know where to find it in all the threads.

"Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed"

@Bit of hope Would you be able to bring over the timelines that you did to this new thread as new people might come here to look for updates after oxygen shows it's movie. Also, I'd like to refer to it but I can't remember where it is.

TIA

Please ask that the moderator.

Done.

My heart breaks for Jenna. This is one of the strangest cases that I have ever followed for a missing person as something is just. Not. Right. IMHO.

Something is off kilter as far as what has been in the media, and what has been posted here, and what has not been expanded upon as far as the visits down to all the gas stations excetera.

Iirc

Looking forward to more information on this case.

I would look forward to, in the best situation, to have her girlfriend from South Carolina which we have heard about be at this showing. And other friends.

If not, why not! For the love of G-d and for Jenna, why not.

Last edited:
It appears they are going to have a local screening and Q&A with family, LE?? and friends Etc to highlight the case for folks that are local.

"Hosted by Little Dot Studios

Tuesday October 22nd from 6:30 p.m. to 9 pm. At Landmark Midtown art Cinema, 931 Monroe Drive Northeast, Atlanta Georgia."

( for those that are local, it is near Piedmont Park on the other side of Grady High School.)

"In August 2017, 25-year-old Jenna Van Gelderen went missing without a trace in the DeKalb County area. In this emotional 20 minute documentary, family, friends and law enforcement tell Jenna’s story, with the hope of drawing fresh attention to the case and generating new clues. Join us for an exclusive screening of the documentary before it is released, followed by a Q&A with those involved. If you are unable to attend you can watch the documentary on Oxygen.com from October 23rd."

Source: Admin post on "help find Jenna van Gelderen" official Facebook page.

ETA I forget who is following this that is local, and hopefully they have followed over to the new thread to see this post.

@Subie, will you be there next week for screening of the case?

It's always looked to me like the police have done almost nothing to investigate. They decided she left of her own free will and never seriously pursued her as a missing person. And yet she's clearly fallen off the map and not around or alive.

My heart breaks every time for Jenna and for her family when she comes to mind and I don't even know them. There is so much information in her ongoing threads and what is gathered by her family and still nothing seems to finally make sense. I feel LE let her and her family down, not given her case the attention it obviously needed from the beginning. There are people who know more. But who am I to judge from the outside? One day, I hope, this all will be unraveled, better sooner then later. For me all scenario's are still open, but I still don't think Jenna was the person to just disappear, her family, who loves her, ultimately (for better or for worse) being her lifeline.

Hi everyone ,
I am back on here, I will be at the viewing next week
Just wanted to say I appreciate those on here that have been still following the case
If you have seen our posts on social media, we are frustrated but.glad the case is in the hands of the GBI now
They have taken the car again for re reamination and for the first time someone has taken her toothbrush for dna use.

As we mentioned in our Facebook posts, we are given very little info on how things are progressing in the case, not sure if this is the norm .

I'm happy to try to answer any questions that I can, but again most of what's on the ajc article, Facebook, and oxygen is what we know

Hi everyone ,
Just wanted to say I appreciate those on here that have been still following the case
If you have seen our posts on social media, we are frustrated but.glad the case is in the hands of the GBI now
They have taken the car again for re reamination and for the first time someone has taken her toothbrush for dna use.

As we mentioned in our Facebook posts, we are given very little info on how things are progressing in the case, not sure if this is the norm .

I'm happy to try to answer any questions that I can, but again most of what's on the ajc article, Facebook, and oxygen is what we know

So sorry that has been so long without answers, and you are still with us and that she has not been found l. We are still all here for you and your family and her loved ones.

The viewing is from 7:30 to 9 I think, and the actual clip is 20 minutes long.

Is law enforcement going to be doing any updates about the car, surveillance, gps info, investigation into others , Tower dumps, do they have video of whoever was using the ATM or credit card during the day , videos from the gas stations etc?

What are your top five specific hopes of what activities occur during this event?

Are there specific questions you would like asked by the audience to prod the media and or law enforcement that we have covered here at Websleuths, especially those that have never been in print for the media?

Of course the primary outcome is that there are leads and she is found.

Again, blessings to you and your family and all those that loved her.

The preview is 20 mins long, there will be a longer version airing online and tv, that will feature 2 other cases as well

Police will be at the event , but right now since we are at sore spot with them, we have decided to not do a q and a with them . They wouldn't be providing much anyways, as they are not wanting to release any case details that haven't already been brought out.

The documentary is really to raise more awareness, get this out on the national stage and hopefully she'd some light on the mis handling of it so far, but above all hopefully new leads will come out

The preview is 20 mins long, there will be a longer version airing online and tv, that will feature 2 other cases as well

Police will be at the event , but right now since we are at sore spot with them, we have decided to not do a q and a with them . They wouldn't be providing much anyways, as they are not wanting to release any case details that haven't already been brought out.

The documentary is really to raise more awareness, get this out on the national stage and hopefully she'd some light on the mis handling of it so far, but above all hopefully new leads will come out

Thank you for coming back and sharing this with us. Praying that the media attention and special is what you need to break the case!

Hi everyone ,

I hope last night met you and your family's expectations and you had a good crowd. Was it an experience you want to share with the rest of us?

I was looking for the show on television as you said, and I don't see it on the Oxygen Channel coming up. And I don't see it on the website either. Perhaps later in the day?

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family and prayers going out for Jenna

Reactions: MFH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd