GA GA - Jimmy Anglin, 27, Oglethorpe County, 3 Nov 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by LisaWL7TR, Nov 9, 2017.

1. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2017-11-09/search-underway-missing-oglethorpe-county-man

[​IMG]

TatianaBarbie likes this.

2. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Hope he is safe.....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

3. Dalagali

Dalagali Well-Known Member

4. LisaWL7TR

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

6. caribou_birdie

caribou_birdie Active Member

7. LisaWL7TR

Mystery of missing man in Oglethorpe County deepens; GBI now assisting

Another photo of Jimmy from link above-

[​IMG]

8. Dalagali

Dalagali Well-Known Member

9. SpanishMossAntiques

SpanishMossAntiques Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Henry2326

11. LisaWL7TR

Deputies are turning to the public in hopes of finding an Oglethorpe County man who has been missing since last year.

The Oglethorpe County Sheriff’s Office said 27-year-old Jimmy Lee Anglin was reported missing on Nov. 3, 2017. Anglin’s fiancé reported him missing the following day.

The investigation revealed no one had heard from him since around 3 p.m. on Nov. 3.

Anglin does not have a history of extended absence, according to deputies.

Officials are asking anyone with information concerning his whereabouts to contact the GBI Region 11 Office at 706-552-2309 or Oglethorpe Sheriff’s Office at 706-743-8101.

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...k-for-man-missing-since-nov-2017/85-519596165

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

12. Henry2326

Feb 8

Anglin’s girlfriend, Jessica Morgan, said she last saw Anglin on the day he disappeared.

“I had to go to the doctor because I was having problems with my heart,” she said. As they traveled to the doctor in Crawford in a car that belonged to Anglin’s parents, she said Jimmy received a telephone call.

The man wanted Jimmy Anglin to ride with him into Athens to get some money from someone because he didn’t want to go by himself, Morgan recalled.

“I begged Jimmy not to go,” she said, but the man, whom she knows, arrived at the doctor’s office and they left together in the man’s vehicle.

However, they returned at about 5 p.m. and Anglin gave her $15 to pay for her doctor’s bill and then they left again, she said.

“I told him to leave his phone on because I had a bad feeling,” Morgan said.

However, when she called him at about 6:30 p.m. from where they lived at his parents’ home, the phone was dead, she said.

“I never heard another word from him,” Morgan said.

http://www.onlineathens.com/news/20180208/disappearance-of-oglethorpe-man-remains-mystery

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

13. Henry2326

Comer Road was the last sighting. Very rural area. Comer Road is hwy 22 on the map.[​IMG]

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

14. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

No offense, but his girlfriend was having heart issues and he left her there to ride with this man, came back to give her the co-pay, then left AGAIN?

So did she drive his parent's car home from the doctor's office or did she have to get her own ride home?

Something very hinky about that.

15. omniu

omniu Member

The man Jimmy was last seen with wanted him to go collect money from someone? my first thought goes to drugs or maybe using facebook or craigslist to buy/sell things? The girlfriend "begging him not to go" makes my hinky meter go off. You never know what type of dodgy people you run into buying/selling things online...

16. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

The article said she knew the guy and it appears that she didn't trust him or the situation he put her boyfriend in, because she begged him not to go, and when he went anyway, she told him to keep his phone on just in case, as she had a bad feeling.

It sounds like her own hinky meter was going off that day.

17. LisaWL7TR

So is the rumor still that his cousin was the last person that he was seen with?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18. omniu

omniu Member

If the chatter on facebook is anything to go on, Jimmy's sister says that he left with his cousin.

19. omniu

omniu Member

Tried looking for updated about Jimmy but didn't find much on msm or facebook. Seems a *** has been set up to help raise money to find him.

20. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Brothers arrested in death of Georgia man reported missing 2 years ago

A pair of Banks County brothers were arrested this week after evidence linked them to a the death of a 27-year-old man reported missing nearly two years ago, authorities said.

Jimmy Anglin disappeared in November 2017 from Oglethorpe County, about 92 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. His girlfriend said he received a phone call from a man asking him to tag along on an errand to Athens, the Athens Banner-Herald reported.

They left together in the man’s vehicle, and the woman never saw Anglin again.
    ---
    Robert David Jordan, 55, was arrested on a charge of felony murder in connection with Anglin’s death. He was taken into custody Thursday in Banks County with the assistance of deputies and state troopers there.

Steve Jordan, 52, was arrested earlier in the week on a charge of concealing a death.

Brothers arrested in death of Georgia man reported missing 2 years ago