Found Deceased GA - Jimmy Anglin, 27, Oglethorpe County, 3 Nov 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Anglin, 27, of Piney Grove Road, Comer, was last seen at a house off Comer Road in Oglethorpe County.

“We don’t have a clue where he’s at,” Oglethorpe County sheriff’s Capt. Mike Tyndell said Thursday.

Anglin is about 5-foot-10, about 325 pounds and he has a tattoo of the grim reaper on his left shoulder and arm. He was last seen wearing a white T-shirt with a skull symbol and a pair of flip flops.

Randy Anglin said his brother does not have a vehicle and his cell phone has been turned off since the day he went missing.

Anglin was last seen in the company of another man, whom he knew, according to Tyndell.

That man was located on Sunday, Nov. 5, but Tyndell said he couldn’t divulge what the man said except to say the man said he left Anglin on the same day he disappeared.

There has been no evidence of foul play found, according to Tyndell.

Anyone with information is asked to call Randy Anglin at (706) 347-4227 or the sheriff’s office at (706) 743-8101.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2017-11-09/search-underway-missing-oglethorpe-county-man

097c2d7ede7b90f8e8c6151d19b3cb0f.jpg

Hope he is safe.....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Deputies are turning to the public in hopes of finding an Oglethorpe County man who has been missing since last year.

The Oglethorpe County Sheriff’s Office said 27-year-old Jimmy Lee Anglin was reported missing on Nov. 3, 2017. Anglin’s fiancé reported him missing the following day.

The investigation revealed no one had heard from him since around 3 p.m. on Nov. 3.

Anglin does not have a history of extended absence, according to deputies.

Officials are asking anyone with information concerning his whereabouts to contact the GBI Region 11 Office at 706-552-2309 or Oglethorpe Sheriff’s Office at 706-743-8101.

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...k-for-man-missing-since-nov-2017/85-519596165

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
a6d21026a28b5909cc9698401879c839.jpg

Feb 8

Anglin’s girlfriend, Jessica Morgan, said she last saw Anglin on the day he disappeared.

“I had to go to the doctor because I was having problems with my heart,” she said. As they traveled to the doctor in Crawford in a car that belonged to Anglin’s parents, she said Jimmy received a telephone call.

The man wanted Jimmy Anglin to ride with him into Athens to get some money from someone because he didn’t want to go by himself, Morgan recalled.

“I begged Jimmy not to go,” she said, but the man, whom she knows, arrived at the doctor’s office and they left together in the man’s vehicle.

However, they returned at about 5 p.m. and Anglin gave her $15 to pay for her doctor’s bill and then they left again, she said.

“I told him to leave his phone on because I had a bad feeling,” Morgan said.

However, when she called him at about 6:30 p.m. from where they lived at his parents’ home, the phone was dead, she said.

“I never heard another word from him,” Morgan said.

http://www.onlineathens.com/news/20180208/disappearance-of-oglethorpe-man-remains-mystery

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Comer Road was the last sighting. Very rural area. Comer Road is hwy 22 on the map.
253431f453d3c40450968f143cb06514.jpg

Feb 8

Anglin’s girlfriend, Jessica Morgan, said she last saw Anglin on the day he disappeared.

“I had to go to the doctor because I was having problems with my heart,” she said. As they traveled to the doctor in Crawford in a car that belonged to Anglin’s parents, she said Jimmy received a telephone call.

The man wanted Jimmy Anglin to ride with him into Athens to get some money from someone because he didn’t want to go by himself, Morgan recalled.

“I begged Jimmy not to go,” she said, but the man, whom she knows, arrived at the doctor’s office and they left together in the man’s vehicle.

However, they returned at about 5 p.m. and Anglin gave her $15 to pay for her doctor’s bill and then they left again, she said.

“I told him to leave his phone on because I had a bad feeling,” Morgan said.

However, when she called him at about 6:30 p.m. from where they lived at his parents’ home, the phone was dead, she said.

“I never heard another word from him,” Morgan said.

http://www.onlineathens.com/news/20180208/disappearance-of-oglethorpe-man-remains-mystery

No offense, but his girlfriend was having heart issues and he left her there to ride with this man, came back to give her the co-pay, then left AGAIN?

So did she drive his parent's car home from the doctor's office or did she have to get her own ride home?

Something very hinky about that.

The man Jimmy was last seen with wanted him to go collect money from someone? my first thought goes to drugs or maybe using facebook or craigslist to buy/sell things? The girlfriend "begging him not to go" makes my hinky meter go off. You never know what type of dodgy people you run into buying/selling things online...

The man Jimmy was last seen with wanted him to go collect money from someone? my first thought goes to drugs or maybe using facebook or craigslist to buy/sell things? The girlfriend "begging him not to go" makes my hinky meter go off. You never know what type of dodgy people you run into buying/selling things online...

The article said she knew the guy and it appears that she didn't trust him or the situation he put her boyfriend in, because she begged him not to go, and when he went anyway, she told him to keep his phone on just in case, as she had a bad feeling.

It sounds like her own hinky meter was going off that day.

So is the rumor still that his cousin was the last person that he was seen with?

So is the rumor still that his cousin was the last person that he was seen with?
If the chatter on facebook is anything to go on, Jimmy's sister says that he left with his cousin.

Brothers arrested in death of Georgia man reported missing 2 years ago

A pair of Banks County brothers were arrested this week after evidence linked them to a the death of a 27-year-old man reported missing nearly two years ago, authorities said.

Jimmy Anglin disappeared in November 2017 from Oglethorpe County, about 92 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. His girlfriend said he received a phone call from a man asking him to tag along on an errand to Athens, the Athens Banner-Herald reported.

They left together in the man’s vehicle, and the woman never saw Anglin again.
---
Robert David Jordan, 55, was arrested on a charge of felony murder in connection with Anglin’s death. He was taken into custody Thursday in Banks County with the assistance of deputies and state troopers there.

Steve Jordan, 52, was arrested earlier in the week on a charge of concealing a death.

Brothers arrested in death of Georgia man reported missing 2 years ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back