GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( As elated I am that there is an arrest...just once I hope and pray for a different outcome...every time these things get more horrific. She was 7! Stabbed. Beaten. Raped. And crushed in a trash compactor. She is with the angels now...but...I will tell you this much, if they, the GBI, have his DNA on or (gag) in her...he will be found guilty. Children are not throw-aways...not trash. Please tell me...that she wasn't crushed to death in that dumpster. :(

COD was a blow to the head (I think) and that she died an hour , hour & 1/2 of being abducted? I also heard the neighbor saw him at the compactor Sunday night around 10 with a flashlight and a stick poking garbage down the chute???
soooo... I'm not 100% sure now.:waitasec:

My kids are all adopted from 3 separate homes. Boy oh boy are they all so different. But I know that they love me and I love them and they love each other. I KNOW them-inside and out! I am CONNECTED to them in every way. They certainly all have their issues but I know their souls are connected to mine and we share that love for God and our fellow man. They may make mistakes, but I know that their genetics have a lot to do with their behavior, but my relationship with them has much more to do with the choices they make and the kinds of people they wish to be.

OK...now I really feel bad for the poor kid whose a star football player in CA. Absolutely not related to the case, but has the unfortunate luck of having the same name as this guy. I hope he doesn't get strange people saying things about him, the poor guy. I should have read further in the article.

There was a guy named Casey Anthony around here who had a hard time last summer. Haven't had time to read this thread..been reading up on the new Sandusky info but holy crap this guy is 20 years old! WTH! How can an almost-kid be so evil!!!???

eta IN RESPONSE to nurse's comment: not sure why it didn't quote?
I do, NOT because I'm a nurse, because I have lived it I guess. The son seems to turn out like his biological father. Daughters not so much but only because women are "supposedly" involved in crime less often than men.
IMHO many women escape the radar....

Hence the born evil theory? It had to come from somewhere... if it's not from how the child was treated or raised then how else can it be explained?

genetics???

I'm not a nurse or even in the medical field at all, and honestly, in all my years of being an advocate for abused and neglected children -- this is what my street educated conclusion is:

Sexual abuse - the fault has ONE common denominator, the male sex organ - when you hear sexual abusers were abused, the statistics rarely include the fact that it is almost always the male victims that continue the cycle. Sometimes, it's a chemical imbalance and sometimes, it's just plain evil...but almost always, the sexual abuser is male. Oddly, sexual abuse is not even about sex - a dichotomy to be sure.

Neglect - learned behavior, usually women, from a neglected childhood

Neglect and physical/mental abuse - mixed bag of male and female but because of the sex organ of the male, and a lack of self esteem, the female enabler will allow the abuse

Before you start pounding me over the head, research it. Every day of every week I post stories, never less than three new stories a day, of neglect and abuse (both sexual, mental, and physical), and day after day these facts weighs out.

Can we get off of the "adopted" issue? It's quite personal for me as well. Thanks. :)

As for the dumpster, we have 2 like that where I work. They have a scheduled pick up from the trash removal company. They pick it up, dump it off site, then return it empty. Wonder if he knew the schedule? I bet Monday was supposed to be a pick up day but LE held the dumpster instead. Maybe a cadaver dog sat, therefore they held it until the company could pick it up for them.

Edit to add: Was the mattress in the dumpster or found in the apartment?

I'm white. I grew up with mostly black people. I went to school in Harlem. I have 7 mixed (black and white) cousins. I would NEVER say the "N" word! It 's definitely something that a lot of younger people (of all races) say now?? I have no idea why??

Because it takes the sting out of it. Turns it into something funny and insignificant. Something to be ridiculed. It takes the power away from the word.

IMO

I can't find it exactly, but according to ancestry.com, someone with his mother's name lived in the DC metro area from 1994-2002, including Arlington. But not Dumfries. Dumfries is where is dad currently lives.

Thank you for answering me.The article I thought said he lived in Dumfries.His dad lives in Dumfries?

COD was a blow to the head (I think) and that she died an hour , hour & 1/2 of being abducted? I also heard the neighbor saw him at the compactor Sunday night around 10 with a flashlight and a stick poking garbage down the chute???
soooo... I'm not 100% sure now.:waitasec:

I don't know if he could have moved the body the same time as the crime. Unless he waited until late that night and went back. Have they said if the apartment was searched that day when she went missing? I don't think I have heard anything about that. Surely it was. jmo

Can we get off of the "adopted" issue? It's quite personal for me as well. Thanks. :)

My apologies! I am trying to support the "parents" of criminals...
That was a point I failed to make!

Heads up. New thread coming in a few minutes.

I'm white. I grew up with mostly black people. I went to school in Harlem. I have 7 mixed (black and white) cousins. I would NEVER say the "N" word! It 's definitely something that a lot of younger people (of all races) say now?? I have no idea why??

It's true..my dd is 15 and goes to a mostly white school but maybe 20% minorities. When she leaves her FB open I see the N word all over the place from her peers. I am appalled by it. She says "my black friends all say it" and I try to explain that it's different coming from a white person. They think if the make it end with gga, not ger, it's OK. Then when I heard some of the rap songs, uncensored versions on Itunes OMG the B, F and N words are rampant! Disgraceful.

I'm truly not trying to be difficult, but we hashed and re-hashed the way Casey Anthony was raised to try and understand why she did what she did. So I'm clear, and for anyone else who might have the same question, we are not to talk about this young man's childhood? Or just not about adoption?
Vlpate, I think we can speculate about this particular person's childhood and background up to the point that accusations are not made against innocent third parties. What won't be allowed is making generalizations that are offensive to other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj