GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by bessie, Dec 16, 2011.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Wednesday December 7, 2011

Ryan McCabe Brunn was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the River Ridge apartment complex. He was a maintenance worker at the complex, where Jorelys lived, according to GBI Director Vernon Keenan.

The charges include one count of false statements and one count of murder. His first court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Cherokee County Justice Center in downtown Canton.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...nce-worker-arrested-in-Jorelys-Riveras-murder

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The body of Jorelys Rivera was found Monday afternoon in a metal trash bin, the GBI said. Jorelys, who had been missing since Friday, had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted, according to Vernon Keenan, director of the GBI.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

A 7-year-old Canton girl whose body was discovered Monday died of blunt force trauma to the head and stab wounds, the GBI said Tuesday. Jorelys Rivera had also been sexually assaulted, GBI Director Vernon Keenan said at a news conference in Canton.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/canton-girl-died-of-1252353.html

Rest in Peace, Jorelys

[​IMG]
    Jorelys Rivera
    August 20, 2004-December 2, 2011

Thread #3
    Thread #4

2. Loading...

3. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Oh am so hoping for DNA from the sexual assault so that there is no doubt they have the right suspect, or not. (I believe they do...but DNA would be a great benefit.)

4. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Bringing this over from the previous thread.

5. mck16

mck16 New Member

Have there been any reports as to whether JR's mother and family have returned to the states?

6. Capri

Capri New Member

Quote:

Great insight in that article Magdalyn. It really helps to understand the way a serial killer/rapist may progress.

Thanks

7. marazul

marazul New Member

In one of the translated articles during her Puertorican funeral, it was said that they will spend Christams in PR and then return. The link I clicked was translated, had I read the origional article I could be more sure, because those translations can be a little off.

8. mck16

mck16 New Member

I got the impression from some of the articles that she had family here, but I hope her mother and maybe father will return with her at least for awhile. Or maybe she will stay. What a sad return for her. I just can't imagine.

9. marazul

marazul New Member

I know her (Joseline's) father was here during the visitation, but I was under the impression he flew in around the time Jorelys' father flew in..I could be wrong. Jorelys was scheduled to spend Christmas in Puerto Rico with her father, it is unclear as to if Joceline was going too, I am sure she has family there that would like to see her younger babies as well. If we go back to early thread 4 there are the 2 links to the PR funeral, I am pretty sure it said something along the lines of "they will spend Christmas here and go back to GA to deal with the trail." What a horrible return. I hope we end up with a guilty plea and no trial, because that would be heartwrenching for her to have to be there and go through it. I know some parents want to be there to see justice served, but Joseline made several statements regarding she hopes he gets the full weight of the law, but she doesn't (at this point) have a desire to see him. I suspect that once the trial (if there is one) is over, she may just return to PR for good. I would.

10. Hickory Born

Hickory Born New Member

How many people were living in Jorelys apt? I have read Jorelys, her mother and 2 sisters...plus the babysitter...plus another woman who worked the night shift with Jorelys' mother.

11. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

and her children . . . one of which may be the babysitter

Aren't there residence rules? We have them in StL . . .

12. marazul

marazul New Member

I have gone as a translator to assist several families seeking apartment leases (not in river ridge) and I have seen the rule as 2 adults per bedroom. Theoretically a 3 bedroom unit could have 6 adults, not to mention the kids.

13. krimekat

- from vlpate Thread #4

Inconsistencies - MSM or LE related ?

I wonder about RBs roommate & his mother (the manager of this complex). Many crimes happened at this apt complex prior to RB moving there.

I hate the thought that someone innocent is struggling & a guilty party is free !

14. krimekat

crazy!

15. krimekat

timing

Mother last saw JR: Thurs evening
    JR went missing: Fri 5p
    Local LE arrives: Fri 730p
    Crime Scene Apt located: Sat 1p - 3p
    GFI arrives: Mon (or Sat some reports)
    JR found: Mon about noon
    RB arrested: Wed

16. krimekat

and let's not forget the craziness with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Dept, the Canton Police Dept, and the GBI . . .

who's on first?

17. marazul

marazul New Member

Not to sidetrack the convo with stereotypes, but it can also be a cultural thing. My husband and I didn't buy our first home until we were 27 and 25, during that time many of our friends and relatives thought we were crazy because we didn't take in roomates to help us save money faster. We ended up inviting my sister in law (who was 19 at the time) to live with us for a year or so to help with babysitting and daycare costs. Personally I like the single family to a home thing, but when you grow up in a culture that is used to several people (especially when they are single women), it grows on you. I am not sure of this, and I could be totally wrong in this case, but if the goal was to work hard and save money for 5 or 10 years in order to return to Puerto Rico with enough to take care of a home and your family, it makes sense to save on daily expenses by having trusted roomies.

(edited to add) also, with her income from the chicken processing plant, who knows if she made enough to even qualify for the lease of that apartment on her own?

18. Capri

Capri New Member

I read the translated version too, and there were many inconsistencies in translation. I'll look for the original, would love to have a more accurate (or at least confirmed) translation.

19. krimekat

I don't doubt it's cultural -- I remember living in a larger sq ft apt than my friend, Olga (from Mexico City), who lived with her husband, her parents & grandma, her brother & his wife & 3 kids, her 3 younger sisters plus an uncle & numerous cousins half the time . . . in a 3 bedroom apt in suburban Chicago. She came over to my place for solace !

I understand it's about $$$ but that's WAY too many people in a small apartment (IMHO as I sit in 1500 sq ft loft alone with my cat)

20. Hickory Born

Hickory Born New Member

Will you please tell me the craziness with the GBI?

We are all well aware of the Canton Police Chief not being available and stopping the search on Sat. evening and the Cherokee Sheriff's deputy not telling about the blood immediately. But I cannot remember any craziness with the GBI.

21. Capri

Capri New Member

Marazul- still looking for that original article about the traveling plans of Jorelys family.

Did find this, which mentions (I believe, but please translate on your own) a photo of Jorelys that it is stated RB may have asked about......????Is the translation correct?

http://noticias.univision.mobi/cont...ml?cid=788254&contentType=article&partner=mia