GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a photo of Katie and Bowie In the crosswalk that includes a timestamp. I cannot find one. I clearly remember seeing one. Am I misremembering?

If the timestamp is off by an hour we could be seeing Katie on her way to Henry’s...

She is crossing 10th Street going north on Piedmont at 12:07 AM or 12:08 AM. Henry's closes at 10:30 PM. The crosswalk timestamp is likely accurate because that camera is owned by a private company. I was referring to the city timestamp at the park.

My observation:
I have been googling atlanta traffic light ticket and photo images. Not finding a lot but so far it appears like the time stamp info does not look like what we see on the photo of Katie in the cross walk.
Don’t take my word for it, have a look for yourself, you might find something i missed.

That camera is not city owned and operated.

GDot owns the cameras throughout the city of Atlanta. If APD has cameras installed they most likely are not releasing everything they have. Right now GA511 has inactive cameras around the 10 street corridor. Also GDot says they do not record, however I’m sure they can rewind the feed. How else do the cops find folks who’ve committed crimes sometimes many weeks later - it’s not because of tips from folks who have an over inflated beef or apprehensiveness with police.

What's up with the 12:09 timestamp, vs lack of timestamp, of Katie and Bowie in the crosswalk?

This is the image APD released showing the time

This is the CBC46 article showing no time

Why is the time not shown on images in MSM articles? IMO, the time shown on the APD image is not typical of a surveillance cam timestamp (which usually contains date and time, down to minutes and seconds) and appears to have been typed/applied to the image, not part of the original image. Is it possible the original time on the image was determined to possibly be inaccurate or is it a red herring?
Thank you! i also think the timestamp looks like it was applied to the image.
The time they were in the crosswalk is important, imo. I question whether 12:09 is correct. The 1 hour 2min. window from 12:09-1:11 seems so narrow to me.

Additionally, I find it gravely irresponsible for the Mayor to be be publicly announcing that Piedmont Park is safe. Unless she has information that Katie was specifically targeted, then the park IS NOT safe until the killer is incarcerated
Always assume Piedmont Park IS NOT SAFE! Mayor speaking specifically about PP safety, I do believe she has information we're not privy too. I sure hope so :)

Did Emma give a specific time she started to text Katie and got no answer? That is a key time. But I have heard is that when she got home and Katie wasn't there, she started texting and calling, but didn't hear her say a time. Emma said that when Katie didn't respond to the text she immediately knew something was wrong. So by that time, the attack had likely occurred or was underway.
There are alot of missing times that would help figure this out.
1) We don't know what time Katie & Bowie left the apt.
2)...what time they arrived at Henry's.
3)...what time they left Henry's.
4)...what time Emma left work.
5)...what time she got home.
6)...what time she left apt to look for Katie & Bowie.
The only times we have...
1) Arrived at Henry's between 11 & 11:55.
2) Left Henry's between 11:05 & 12:00.
3) Crossed 10th St at Piedmont 12:09 (see FoxNC for time stamped photos...you have to scroll way back)
4) Emma leaves work between 12:05 & 1:00 (She stated she left work about an hour after Katie left).
5) Per Joe Clark, Emma finds Katie at 12:57am. (See exclusive interview...I believe the 2nd interview with Aunjelique Proctor (sp))
6) Emma talks to 911 at 1:10am.
Some of the approximate times we have overlap or simple don't calculate which makes it difficult to come to a conclusion.

Additionally, I find it gravely irresponsible for the Mayor to be be publicly announcing that Piedmont Park is safe. Unless she has information that Katie was specifically targeted, then the park IS NOT safe until the killer is incarcerated
How do we get from, there's a monster out there & LE needs to stop them, to, the last place where we know the monster was is safe??

I am looking for a photo of Katie and Bowie In the crosswalk that includes a timestamp. I cannot find one. I clearly remember seeing one. Am I misremembering?
No you did see it....I found it earlier doing a search of all the photos-10 photos. I believe it was FoxNC where I finally found them. I had to scroll for about 10 minutes. I was looking at all 4 of the jogger pics...IMO there is only 1 jogger...same shoes, same shorts, same shirt, same helmet looking thing on his head, same size forearms & same horizontal striped socks or tatoos.

Who wears a hoodie while running outdoors on a hot Atlanta summer night? That witness picture bothered me.

Atlanta is hilly and Piedmont Park has uneven terrain with occasional potholes, so it's easier to explain away a cane.

(edited)

Last edited:
I believe they know who the killer is, but he or they have skipped town.

If they know who it is, why wouldn't they release the name and a.photo, whether he skipped town or not? Why not warn the public to bolo for this killer for their safety and to implore people to call authorities so he can be apprehended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks