GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

You’re so right that it needs to go out to the public-many people on this site alone have come up with intelligently thought-out ideas, so if more individuals knew, the odds are higher that someone might have heard something in passing that now would be clear to him or her that it matters to this case. Any suggestions?
Suggestions oh boy....lol I have watched a lot of YouTubers talk about cold cases unsolved cases I have asked them to talk about the Piedmont murder for what ever reason they don't. I don't know why. I don't if the case isn't old enough or maybe its hard for them to do research on this case again not a lot of coverage lately, everything is a year old. If more YouTubers covered the case and talked about it that may help. I think perhaps the family and friends of this woman should constantly be in the police faces and the media Its unfortunate but the people that were the closest have to be the most aggressive which they shouldn't have to do if we lived in a perfect world. Look at the coverage the gabby patito case had its unbelievable the public basically solved that case. To me what happened to Katherine and bowie her dog was a lot worse. Boyfriend kills girlfriend this is a day to day event. What happened in this park was beyond horrific and it seems no one wants to talk about it in the media. No human being or animal deserves to be attacked and killed. My heart goes out to them. People have to be on LE like a dirty rag. If people just sit back and let LE do what they want would any cases be solved? I don't know. LE will have to more forthcoming about this case with what they have and what they need. They say all the time we don't want to give too much up we have a court case to preserve I realize that but wouldn't it be better for the loved ones to have someone arrested and behind bars then to wait for years for maybe an arrest. Maybe they don't have the resources I understand that but that's not helping the loved ones. Get the resources and make an arrest. Not sure if these are intelligent reasons Im suggesting Im sure some people have more intelligent suggestions but these are just my thoughts.

my own thoughts on this case is that it was a male perp who killed Katie, that he likely had frequented the park on a number of occasions and was likely waiting for a victim, he might have seen Katie before but didnt necessarily know her. He is sadistic , hates women , likely to have problems maintaining relationships with women , likely to have been violent towards women before. Probably younger than Katie, physically stronger. likely to live locally.

do we know the actual cause of death of Bowie ? was he stabbed? how many times?
I know Katie's autopsy has been released but not the dog's?
Do we know if anything was taken from the crime scene?
I wonder why the police released the 911 call? does anyone have a view on why they chose to do that?
Have they ever asked for a particular type of knife that they are looking for? presumably it was a strong subtantial knife to have been able to inflict the injuries caused not just a kitchen knife for example.

Has there been any other update since the Nov 2022 statement about being closer to catching someone?

If they had forensics then by now they would have had the results so does this mean this person has never been caught before for any offence?
You have very good questions I would ask the same. LE has not provided enough information unfortunately they did provide the autopsy which was pretty shocking isn't the 911 call from her girlfriend? I have read some peoples comments that she didn't sound very shocked when she was talking to the 911 caller I have no idea how one is suppose to sound when they just discovered there loved one who basically has been slaughtered. Did police think her girlfriend did this? I don't know why they released the call.

You have very good questions I would ask the same. LE has not provided enough information unfortunately they did provide the autopsy which was pretty shocking isn't the 911 call from her girlfriend? I have read some peoples comments that she didn't sound very shocked when she was talking to the 911 caller I have no idea how one is suppose to sound when they just discovered there loved one who basically has been slaughtered. Did police think her girlfriend did this? I don't know why they released the call.
You’re right on that. How is anyone to act in a nightmare situation like that? We don’t rehearse for the traumas we can’t see coming in our lives. I don’t believe she had anything to do with Katie’s murder and she, herself suffered immensely having to worry, face fear of something that she felt was wrong with her usually punctual partner not getting home and also not being in contact, and then finding the love of her life in the state none of can begin to imagine. When we have suffered losses, every one is an individual and unique time of anguish, disbelief and exquisite pain and heartbreak. I believe that each relationship is its own and though death is common, murder is not, but in both we act and feel as real as it gets.

No one’s autopsy should be made public-it’s not our business.

No 911 call should be released for public consumption-it comes out at a price to the person who called in possibly the worst moment of his or her life. It’s not our business.

And no one can set him/herself up as judge of someone else’s wrenching gut reaction to the murder of their loved one. We all react in our own ways.

I do believe the immediate family and friends keep in close contact with the APD. There are excellent men and women doing their jobs diligently as it’s true there are ones not as committed. As everywhere in life. I wonder, since I believe the above to be the case, would a podcast, a short documentary with the facts and the request for information and help be of value? Would it be of benefit to have an actor or actress who knew Katie narrate?

Last edited:
You’re right on that. How is anyone to act in a nightmare situation like that? We don’t rehearse for the traumas we can’t see coming in our lives. I don’t believe she had anything to do with Katie’s murder and she, herself suffered immensely having to worry, face fear of something that she felt was wrong with her usually punctual partner not getting home and also not being in contact, and then finding the love of her life in the state none of can begin to imagine. When we have suffered losses, every one is an individual and unique time of anguish, disbelief and exquisite pain and heartbreak. I believe that each relationship is its own and though death is common, murder is not, but in both we act and feel as real as it gets.

No 911 call should be released for public consumption-it comes out at a price to the person who called in possibly the worst moment of his or her life. It’s not our business.

And no one can set him/herself up as judge of someone else’s wrenching gut reaction to the murder of their loved one. We all react in our own ways.

I do believe the immediate family and friends keep in close contact with the APD. There are excellent men and women doing their jobs diligently as it’s true there are ones not as committed. As everywhere in life. I wonder, since I believe the above to be the case, would a podcast, a short documentary with the facts and the request for information and help be of value? Would it be of benefit to have an actor or actress who knew Katie narrate?
I agree there are some people that are very committed to their jobs and do the best they can everyday and yes unfortunately there are those who just show up to get paid and yes that is every profession out there. The key is to find those that are excellent at their jobs and have commitment and diligence to do what they passionately believe in. The officers that are working on Katherine's case could very well be doing everything they can to find the suspect and I would hope they are keeping the family up to date as to how the investigation is processing. Hopefully with their hard work they will one day soon have a suspect in custody Katherine and Bowie deserve at least that. I was watching a YouTuber that is one of my favourites and he was talking about a police station putting together a podcast about some of their unsolved cases. I think its a great idea. If a podcast is put together well it could have the potential to seen/heard buy thousands of people maybe more. It would be a great way to stay in the publics attention I would think. They could inform people of what they have and maybe tell people what they need more help with. Everyone seems to be running to social media for their news so defiantly being very active on social media could definitely have its positives. What if there was a company that LE could go to regarding unsolved cases and give that company information not just the facts but also professional opinions as what kind of suspect they are looking for. This company would be well known by all LE agencies that this is the podcast to go to when trying to solve cases. I don't know it would have to done well and would have to be well known around the world or at least in North America. There would have to be a relationship between the two that was very trusting and was well known for proper information not a podcast that is about a ton of conspiracy theories far too many of them already out there. The more attention a case gets the more likely it will be solved in my opinion you can't have cases go cold that is the worst thing for them. Just a few words on my thoughts...lol

I agree there are some people that are very committed to their jobs and do the best they can everyday and yes unfortunately there are those who just show up to get paid and yes that is every profession out there. The key is to find those that are excellent at their jobs and have commitment and diligence to do what they passionately believe in. The officers that are working on Katherine's case could very well be doing everything they can to find the suspect and I would hope they are keeping the family up to date as to how the investigation is processing. Hopefully with their hard work they will one day soon have a suspect in custody Katherine and Bowie deserve at least that. I was watching a YouTuber that is one of my favourites and he was talking about a police station putting together a podcast about some of their unsolved cases. I think its a great idea. If a podcast is put together well it could have the potential to seen/heard buy thousands of people maybe more. It would be a great way to stay in the publics attention I would think. They could inform people of what they have and maybe tell people what they need more help with. Everyone seems to be running to social media for their news so defiantly being very active on social media could definitely have its positives. What if there was a company that LE could go to regarding unsolved cases and give that company information not just the facts but also professional opinions as what kind of suspect they are looking for. This company would be well known by all LE agencies that this is the podcast to go to when trying to solve cases. I don't know it would have to done well and would have to be well known around the world or at least in North America. There would have to be a relationship between the two that was very trusting and was well known for proper information not a podcast that is about a ton of conspiracy theories far too many of them already out there. The more attention a case gets the more likely it will be solved in my opinion you can't have cases go cold that is the worst thing for them. Just a few words on my thoughts...lol
Great thinking and suggestion, which, in the eyes of some could pass as a citizen police state taken to the extreme-which is the platform on which many argue against such endeavors. I will pass it on. Your idea reminds me of that show by Jeremy Piven, Wisdom of the Crowd.

Great thinking and suggestion, which, in the eyes of some could pass as a citizen police state taken to the extreme-which is the platform on which many argue against such endeavors. I will pass it on. Your idea reminds me of that show by Jeremy Piven, Wisdom of the Crowd.
BTW, stoptheviolence, I was not disagreeing with you, just looking at how others who want no government involvement whatsoever in their lives might react. I think a lot of creative ideas like the one you posed don’t happen because they appear to represent loss of personal freedom to the public at large.

BTW, stoptheviolence, I was not disagreeing with you, just looking at how others who want no government involvement whatsoever in their lives might react. I think a lot of creative ideas like the one you posed don’t happen because they appear to represent loss of personal freedom to the public at large.
no problem I have no problem with people disagreeing with me most people do so you get use to it. I think that there are a lot people in this world that are suffering and that makes me very sad. I do realize that there are people out there that don't like the government but in the world that I live in you learn to adapt and try to be considerate of people. I never understood why people get there backs out for personal freedoms In the country im born in we should feel so lucky to have half the freedoms we do unfortunately some people just want to live a peaceful life things could be worse we could have been born in many countries in this world where the citizens have no freedoms what so ever. I think people should take a step back and take a look in the mirror and appreciate what we have. Maybe if people were a little more considerate of people maybe we wouldn't live in a world with so much violence against other humans. But the reality is people are very selfish they don't care about other people they just care about themselves. Until that changes these horrific acts of violence will continue. But I do hope one day these two victims will get justice

no problem I have no problem with people disagreeing with me most people do so you get use to it. I think that there are a lot people in this world that are suffering and that makes me very sad. I do realize that there are people out there that don't like the government but in the world that I live in you learn to adapt and try to be considerate of people. I never understood why people get there backs out for personal freedoms In the country im born in we should feel so lucky to have half the freedoms we do unfortunately some people just want to live a peaceful life things could be worse we could have been born in many countries in this world where the citizens have no freedoms what so ever. I think people should take a step back and take a look in the mirror and appreciate what we have. Maybe if people were a little more considerate of people maybe we wouldn't live in a world with so much violence against other humans. But the reality is people are very selfish they don't care about other people they just care about themselves. Until that changes these horrific acts of violence will continue. But I do hope one day these two victims will get justice
I agree and I also believe that there are decent, compassionate people who care about others mixed in with the rest. A lot of their kind and generous acts are done behind the scenes because tv and other media prefer to stir up trouble amongst the guests on their shows and air well-known celebrities who look pretty and contribute nothing. The former are the individuals who merit my attention and that of other people who go through life selfless and helpful, accepting not hating. They are people who are secure in themselves and know we all owe it to one another to encourage, share, and love and understand our differences.

If it’s ok, I’d like to snap phone pics of some of your ideas and send them to the APD. There are others with well thought-out scenarios of how the crime took place which I’d like to send them, also. I personally have suggested to the people in charge if they could have their staff reading WebSleuths to get the different perspectives found here. More brains the better.

These hateful acts of vandalism are unrelated specifically to KJ, but considering the last known pic of her on the rainbow crosswalk, they just might share a commonality.
Did KJ serve as a symbolic crosswalk for the killer, a human canvas instead of paved road, to destroy and desecrate with (f.A.T.) ''graffiti''?
fwiw, speculation, imo.

1686781968785.png

Police search for suspect who allegedly damaged Rainbow Crosswalk in Niagara with ATV
June 14, 2023 rbbm.
''Police are searching for a man who allegedly intentionally vandalized the Rainbow Crosswalk in Niagara-on-the-Lake earlier this month.''

''The unknown suspect riding an ATV damaged the Rainbow Crosswalk by doing “burnouts” on it, according to police. The service says it has obtained video footage of the incident.''

''The crosswalk was installed to show support for the LGBTQ2S+ community.''

June 14 2023

Attachments

• 1686782394190.png
    1686782394190.png
    832.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I was referring to the autopsy of the dog - Bowie, they have not released that- I wonder why not? when they did release the autopsy of KJ, although I did read that the police were not happy that was released , it was the coroner who chose to release it, it does of course give information only the killer would know.

Personally, I do not see anything fishy in the 911 call I do not believe her gf had anything to do with it , but it makes no sense to me why the police would release it , how does it help the invesitagion unless they do think the gf had something to do with it ? they have not officially cleared her which they could do , why not?

These hateful acts of vandalism are unrelated specifically to KJ, but considering the last known pic of her on the rainbow crosswalk, they just might share a commonality.
Did KJ serve as a symbolic crosswalk for the killer, a human canvas instead of paved road, to destroy and desecrate with (f.A.T.) ''graffiti''?
fwiw, speculation, imo.

View attachment 428858

Police search for suspect who allegedly damaged Rainbow Crosswalk in Niagara with ATV
June 14, 2023 rbbm.
''Police are searching for a man who allegedly intentionally vandalized the Rainbow Crosswalk in Niagara-on-the-Lake earlier this month.''

''The unknown suspect riding an ATV damaged the Rainbow Crosswalk by doing “burnouts” on it, according to police. The service says it has obtained video footage of the incident.''

''The crosswalk was installed to show support for the LGBTQ2S+ community.''

June 14 2023
there are always going to be nutters out there who hate people just because they are gay. How did the killer even know KJ was gay? if you walk on the crossing does it mean you are gay? I ask because we don't have such crossing here in the UK to my knowledge

There have been a number of podcasts already done on this case but all of course only limited information and none that recent as far as I know

there are always going to be nutters out there who hate people just because they are gay. How did the killer even know KJ was gay? if you walk on the crossing does it mean you are gay? I ask because we don't have such crossing here in the UK to my knowledge
there's one at Brize Norton

There is no gay vs straight crosswalk at that intersection. Everyone who crosses there needs to use the rainbow crosswalk.

As far as I remember, LE hasn’t stated the cause of Bowie’s death. It must be information they’re holding back that only the killer would know. MOO.
LE has released very little information. The autopsy report was released by the coroner’s office. I wish someone at the last press conference had asked LE how they felt about that release.
If anyone is following the Delphi Indiana murders, it took LE six years to make an arrest, but it seems the suspect was on their radar from the beginning. I hope that is the case here, and LE just needs a few key pieces of evidence in order to make an arrest. Although I pray it doesn’t take six years for Katie and Bowie to have justice. JMO.
From my understanding, LE ignored/overlooked the Delphi suspect until last year, thankfully his initial interview statement raised red flags when somehow finally connected to the 3 female witnesses that saw and described his clothing.

fwiw
Aug 20, 2022
'He said Atlanta could be a model for how hatred could be addressed. '

"Jul 11, 2022
A rainbow crosswalk in Abbotsford was recently defaced with graffiti. The crosswalk was installed at Abbotsford Senior Secondary School just last month.''

Am I the only local for whom Piedmont Park
is still a hard-pass? ATL Symphony was there last Thursday for an outdoor show, just down the hill from where Katie & Bowie were found…ummm…no thank you. Too much unresolved energy there.

Arrest their killers already.
Justice for Katie and Bowie!

Am I the only local for whom Piedmont Park
is still a hard-pass? ATL Symphony was there last Thursday for an outdoor show, just down the hill from where Katie & Bowie were found…ummm…no thank you. Too much unresolved energy there.

Arrest their killers already.
Justice for Katie and Bowie!

Not just you, Quell. I can’t bring myself to go, either. It just feels too heavy and disrespectful, especially since we don’t know what happened to Katherine and Bowey.

This is probably not related to KJ and Bowie, but a recent incident in Asheville where a dog was stabbed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back