Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

Crime of passion/argument gone awry ... He was sleeping on the couch, after all. There doesn't have to be a financial motive. It could be a heated argument that got too hot.

Again, Jessica needs to be honest about why Kelly was on the couch and/or what their actual relationship dynamics were up until this.

They have two large dogs but to my knowledge she never said they woke her up barking. This means they were familiar with the killer. I still don't buy the "he walked off in 32 degree weather at 4am to to kill himself in the lake" angle.

I just watched the Disappeared episode about Kelly Nash last night. I did not see it when it originally aired. A lot of things don't add up and I suspect foul play.It was a frustrating episode to watch because, if you believe Kelly Nash's live-in gf, Jessica Sexton, the time within which Kelly died would have been incredibly short - between 3:30 or 4am and about 7:30am. A lot of times people go missing days or weeks before a search is initiated, and the timeline is much broader than what presents here. The timeline and geography here is incredibly tight/compact. This should be an easy case to solve! Forensics on Kelly Nash's xbox is key for reasons I'll explain below.The episode had a very sympathetic tone towards Kell's gf of 3 years, Jessica D. Sexton. She was seen crying a lot, which at first viewing seemed genuine(to me, anyway), and she seemed very cooperative with the investigation. Indeed, she called Kelly's dad and in effect initiated the investigation the morning of his death, a few hours after the incident occurred. Many ppl suspect her, and I am one of them. But -- murderers don't usually initiate an investigation into someone's disappearance within hours of killing them (I stress -- *usually*). However, I would still like to know more from her about her relationship with Kelly and what happened the last night she was with him and especially the days and weeks leading up to the night he disappeared. I feel like there is more going on there that either Jessica. A lot of the timeline of the night/early morning that Kelly disappeared seems to depend upon us taking Jessica at her word.He was seen at 9pm at a convenience store, on store video footage, very close to his house the night before in pajamas, talking with his gf on his cellphone. Dad and friend says going out in pajamas for him to nearby places is not unusual. He went home and couldn't sleep and according to his gf was sneezing and coughing so much from sinusitis (his dad's diagnosis) that she asked him to sleep on the couch. On the couch he played an xbox game on a network vs other players, wearing a headset. She says she woke up at about 3:30am and saw him in the living room still playing the video game. She went back to sleep and woke up about 4 hours later and he was gone, with the basement-garage door open. His xbox game had not been turned off but had "idled out" as if it were abandoned mid-game. He hadn't taken his cellphone (which was found under couch cushion iirc), wallet, and all the normal things he would go leave the house with.Forensics needs to be done on the xbox to verify when or if it had indeed been played at all, what time the game began to idle, and what conversations, if any, he had with players over his headset or via text chat, leading up to the game idling. Some have suggested Kelly left the house to kill himself, and he went to the lake to avoid a messy scene for his family. So, he cares that much about them, but leaves the door open downstairs on a night where the temperature is about 32 degrees fahrenheit? (Also, what about his dog - where was the dog found? Episode didn't say.) They later found Kelly's Glock 9mm and a clip of ammo missing from the basement/garage. Had he taken it with him?Although the episode portrays Kelly's gf Jessica sympathetically, she needs to be given a polygraph and held to a no-nonsense, strenuous questioning, monitored for suspicious activity after the murder, incl phone tap and if possible texting monitoring. Kelly playing the Xbox at 3:30am - unless forensics on the gaming device bears out that this is true, this is just Jessica's word that she saw him still at the house at that time. If Jessica killed Kelly she could have done it any time after 9pm (last known footage) and would have had all night to clean up and stage the scene. I'm assuming the police combed the house for signs of clean up, etc. Now that his body has been found with a gunshot wound to the head, I hope they had tested her hands for gunshot residue, although I guess at the time of his disappearance they had no reason to do this.Was she seeing anyone else? Was he seeing someone else? They had been going out for 3 years. Both her phone and Kelly's phone and any laptops or computers in the house need to be examined forensically to see if any had any secret chatting going on, secret accounts for cheating, what sorts of recent searches had been made ("how to get rid of a body," "how to wipe up blood," etc) or if chat logs etc had recently been deleted to cover stuff up.The mysterious muffled phone call from Kelly to Jessica's phone at about 4am is disturbing. I'm assuming this has been analyzed forensically. If the phone was found under couch cushion (who found it there? Jessica? Hmm) he could have rolled over and accidentally "butt dialed" her. A lot of us have had this happen. Or Kelly might have heard a noise outside (but he had an xbox headset on, right? but maybe not continuously), grabbed his gun to go outside and check it out, and then made the phone call under duress after being confronted with one or more people outside pointing guns at him, who convinced him to surrender, and who then walked/kidnapped him over to nearby Lake Lanier, where they shot him and put his body in the lake.If gf Jessica is a very savvy killer she could have shot him any time after 9pm and used all night to stage the scene, from leaving the door below ajar (as she claimed it was), to turning on the xbox and leaving it to idle to substantiate her claim he was int he living room, and dumping his body in nearby Lake Lanier. If she had someone come over to kill him (a jealous lover, etc.) this could be the reason she had him sleep out on the couch, because she knew someone was coming and didn't want the intruder coming to do the deed while he was in bed with her. Or a friend/lover and herself killed Kelly and the friend could have speedily walked away to exit the scene after the deed, say, by walking briskly or jogging past the nearby convenience store at about 4am. This is why forensics on Jessica's phone, computer, whatever, are vital, as well as the Xbox. And if Jessica was involved the dog would not have been triggered to bark etc. Jessica could have sent Kelly to the convenience store as a ruse, and had the killer come over and get in the house and lay in wait inside for Kelly. Hell, the killer could have been playing the xbox after killing Kelly.Kelly's body was found in the lake with a gunshot wound to head. Where was the gunshot wound on the skull? If it is in the back of the head, "execution style," it was probably not suicide. I notice the police have not released this info. I'm guessing this is because the investigation is ongoing and they want to see if someone comes forward with specific info about this sort of thing that no one else would know. Jessica may have called Kelly's dad that morning because she knew he would be agitated and come by anyway that morning, as the dad was expecting Kelly at work. So her call to the dad heads that off at the pass, and also helps exonerate her by making it appear she initiated investigation (although it was Kelly's dad who actually called the police a bit later, iirc.) Killers often initiate investigations or report a body to help eliminate themselves if they feel they are going to be suspect anyway.If it's suicide, it's a strange suicide. It means Kelly went out in pajamas at about 4a, when it was close to 32 degrees, with a cold or sinus infection, and was "thoughtful" enough to go shoot himself in the head while he was out in a lake waist deep. I don't know Kelly's psych history or what sorts of stressors etc he had leading up to that night, and stranger things have happened, but the suicide idea just doesn't wash with me.Another creepy idea - the two people that got the investigation going, the dad and Jessica, collaborated to kill Kelly. A weird affair between the two, with Kelly getting in the way? Again forensics on Jessica and even dad's phone needed badly. Still, the dad pursued the investigation with such gusto, set up the command center, etc., etc., etc., that it would indeed be sociopathological to an incredible, incredible degree for him to have helped. It doesn't seem likely, although I've wondered about this angle.The convenience store parking lot footage that showed a person in the distance walking briskly away from the direction of Kelly's house at about 4am also needs to be looked at prior to that for that same person walking *to* Kelly's house earlier, or to indeed show cars going to or from the direction of the house. If Jessica helped kill Kelly, she could have driven the killer to the house with the understanding he leave on foot afterwards. Jessica's car needs to be searched for DNA. Hopefully this was done within the appropriate time frame of Kelly's disappearance so that any evidence in or on her car would still be intact.
These are all great ideas but the problem is the dogs used by the searcher checked the house and found no evidence of foul play. Also, any defense attorney around will argue how could the girlfriend have moved a 230 lbs man's body? What struck me about the Disappeared episode is that his girlfriend was all bundled up. Yet on the night in question Kelly Nash left the door open to leave the garage. Maybe it was because the garage is downstairs separated by a door that the girlfriend did not feel the cold air, but it does make you wonder. Most likely though, this case is probably a suicide. I think police would be asking the public for more information if they thought it was not, especially after this long.Whether it was a suicide or murder, this episode was definitely one of the sadder ones on Disappeared.

For the GF to be directly involved it would have to be a pretty elaborate plot. She would have had to kill Kelly, have someone assist her in moving his body and taking it to the Lake.

Then we have the issue with the security camera, by all accounts it seems to match Kelly walking past it very early that morning, by himself. Of course, there's nothing definitive that it is him, but it certainly seems within the realm of possibility.

But then again, anything is possible. However I don't think there is anything to suggest her involvement, at least directly. Indirectly, well, that might be a different story....

I still don't understand, if this was a suicide, why did he have to walk to the lake in cold weather. He did not need the lake. I suspect a third party was involved.

I still don't understand, if this was a suicide, why did he have to walk to the lake in cold weather. He did not need the lake. I suspect a third party was involved.
There was a similar case, also profiled on the show Disappeaed, young man went missing, they eventually found him in the woods in a different state. There was a missing gun involved as well.

They found him years later, died by a single gun shot wound. I think his last name was Fuksa or something. I'm on mobile right now, I'm sure someone remembers this.

The point is, no one knows why people do stuff like this. With suicide some make it a very public thing, others make it private. But ultimately I think for him, and perhaps Kelly, they wanted to simply be remembered as missing people and not for ending their own life, IMO.

There was a similar case, also profiled on the show Disappeaed, young man went missing, they eventually found him in the woods in a different state. There was a missing gun involved as well.

They found him years later, died by a single gun shot wound. I think his last name was Fuksa or something. I'm on mobile right now, I'm sure someone remembers this.

The point is, no one knows why people do stuff like this. With suicide some make it a very public thing, others make it private. But ultimately I think for him, and perhaps Kelly, they wanted to simply be remembered as missing people and not for ending their own life, IMO.

I believe you are referring to Bradyn Fuksa. Such a sad case!

Great example. And in the Brandon Fuksa case he had an attractive girlfriend who really seemed to care about him along with family and friends. One of the wierd things I remember about that case from Disappeared was that he left his truck, if I am correct, on the side of the road. Over the course of a year he was believed to have been spotted at a church soup kitchen too. And then maybe after the Disappeared episode, I think they came across his body in the woods.

So why people commit suicide or choose very elaborate attempts to try and cover it up is indeed a real mystery.

No updates I've seen yet, save for a brief article with the dad earlier this year.

Nothing really new. Just how they are grieving, wondering why this happened etc.

I still believe this was a suicide and the family just wishes not to publicly acknowledge it. Not once has the family said or alluded to someone else taking Kellys life, or wishing for justice etc.
I just don't think they are ready to speak of it now....or ever.

No updates I've seen yet, save for a brief article with the dad earlier this year.

Nothing really new. Just how they are grieving, wondering why this happened etc.

I still believe this was a suicide and the family just wishes not to publicly acknowledge it. Not once has the family said or alluded to someone else taking Kellys life, or wishing for justice etc.
I just don't think they are ready to speak of it now....or ever.

I think you're probably right. This one has stayed with me since it happened. I think of it every day or so. Just wondered if any updates. But I agree with you. Very sad.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here as far as posting goes! I wanted to sort of throw a thought out there that has been bothering me about this case. I had a very good friend who went missing and then her remains were found 6 months later. The facts of the case inequivocally point to her being murdered but the family has always stuck to the suicide theory. Any suggestion that she may have been abducted and killed are met with very strange reactions. Its almost like it's easier for them to accept that she died on her own terms instead of being hurt by someone. I actually started to do some digging and her family and others were angry so I had to let it go. Anyways, maybe Kelly's family is of the same thought process???? I do wish additional info was available....such a sad and perplexing case.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here as far as posting goes! I wanted to sort of throw a thought out there that has been bothering me about this case. I had a very good friend who went missing and then her remains were found 6 months later. The facts of the case inequivocally point to her being murdered but the family has always stuck to the suicide theory. Any suggestion that she may have been abducted and killed are met with very strange reactions. Its almost like it's easier for them to accept that she died on her own terms instead of being hurt by someone. I actually started to do some digging and her family and others were angry so I had to let it go. Anyways, maybe Kelly's family is of the same thought process???? I do wish additional info was available....such a sad and perplexing case.
Welcome aboard.

Kelly's family has always perplexed me. Their comments, to me, have always seemed vague. They seem to genuinely miss their son, and are obviously grieving but they generally don't seem to expand on anything further than "we love him and miss him".

They never pondered what happened, they never have placed the blame towards anyone, never wished for justice, never called for police to step up and figure out what happened.

Without the family elaborating on anything specific, it remains simply as a missing person who was found under tragic circumstances and they have no further explaining to do.

They have every right to keep this private, but projecting in that manner has always suggested to me that foul play was not the case here...

I get the same vibe, Caffeine!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Since LE have gone so quiet, I'm guessing it was a suicide and LE are keeping it quiet out of respect for the family.

IMO he went to the lake either because he didn't want anyone stumbling on a bloody scene and being traumatised, or because he has heard about people who survive gunshot wounds to the head and he wanted to be certain he would die and not just be left with a disabling brain injury. He knew that if the gunshot wound did not kill him outright, drowning would finish him off before anyone found him and called an ambulance.

ID channel doing hour special right now called " gone in Georgia, a disappeared special". I don't know if it is a rerun. I don't recall seeing this before so far.

I can't seem to edit. I now recall.. it does seem to be rerun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back