Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

His home is not far from the lake. You could walk to it from his house. I have a feeling that's where they will find him eventually. I live less than 2 miles from him and there are missing fliers up all over town.

Billboards go up as search for missing Buford man continues
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/ne...-go-up-as-search-for-missing-buford-man/?news
The search for Kelly Nash is now nearly two weeks old.
“I know all of you check this site so often hoping for new news,” the missing Buford man’s family posted on Facebook Friday. “We wake up every morning hoping to get to post something wonderful for all of us.”
Every base has been covered during the search — but that opportunity hasn’t arisen.
Police have searched the 25-year-old’s home on Jimmy Dodd Road. They found nothing of significance.
They’ve used K9s, sonar, a helicopter and ground teams to search the territory several miles out from his home, as well as nearby Lake Lanier. Nothing.
A private investigator has been hired. Nothing.
A nationally acclaimed search and rescue expert was brought in to lead a horde of volunteer searchers. Nothing.
A website and various tip lines have been established, but they’ve produced little, if any, verifiable information.
All that’s left is more flyers — and billboards.
web1_0117_GDP_kellynashbillboard_t180.jpg

Kelly's parents are from a small town in Alabama as well as his extended family. They are not originally from Georgia.

more info:

Kelly Nash was last seen around 4 a.m. at his home on Jimmy Dodd Road in Buford. Nash's girlfriend said he woke up coughing and sneezing and said that he wasn't feeling well. When she woke up again around 7:30 a.m., Nash was gone. He left behind his wallet, money, cell phone, keys, car and jacket.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/buford/2015/01/05/missing-gwinnett-county-man/21317759/

Hmmmm I was thinking he ran to a 24 hour pharmacy for meds, but if he left ALL that behind, highly doubtful. Unless he used his GF's car and cash. But his jacket was left, so ....

I saw on the FB page that Disappeared filmed an episode on his story. The page says it will air in March.

I saw on the FB page that Disappeared filmed an episode on his story. The page says it will air in March.

I didn't know Disappeared was still filming for their new 'format'... they seem to be doing so very sporadically, no?

In any case, I hope Kelly can be found before the episode airs in March!! What a bizarre case. I think I read upthread that Kelly and his girlfriend had just recently moved into their place. I would like to know who lived there before, if the previous resident had any nefarious connections, and/or whether the locks were ever changed or if someone could still have a key.

I am just surprised that Disappeared is getting involved in a case that isn't even a month old. That seems odd to me.
I didn't know Disappeared was still filming for their new 'format'... they seem to be doing so very sporadically, no?

In any case, I hope Kelly can be found before the episode airs in March!! What a bizarre case. I think I read upthread that Kelly and his girlfriend had just recently moved into their place. I would like to know who lived there before, if the previous resident had any nefarious connections, and/or whether the locks were ever changed or if someone could still have a key.

The Kelly Nash Missing fb page announced the reward is increased to $50,000 now & that they are contacting the media to get the word out. There is still no updates or leads (that they've made public, anyway), NOTHING.

O/T, but a man, Samuel Waters, went missing the day before Kelly did, iirc actually, like within six hours, only aprox 13 miles from Buford. Apparently, Sam's whole family is from Buford & he used to live there as well. Apologies if this has already been mentioned (I've read all the posts on this thread since posting it but not in a little while) I'm not saying the cases are connected but I just find it very strange. Also, Sam, who is expecting a child with his fiancee, isn't getting much attention.

I just really hope they are both found safe, SOON!

:thinking:

The Kelly Nash Missing fb page announced the reward is increased to $50,000 now & that they are contacting the media to get the word out. There is still no updates or leads (that they've made public, anyway), NOTHING.

O/T, but a man, Samuel Waters, went missing the day before Kelly did, iirc actually, like within six hours, only aprox 13 miles from Buford. Apparently, Sam's whole family is from Buford & he used to live there as well. Apologies if this has already been mentioned (I've read all the posts on this thread since posting it but not in a little while) I'm not saying the cases are connected but I just find it very strange. Also, Sam, who is expecting a child with his fiancee, isn't getting much attention.

I just really hope they are both found safe, SOON!

:thinking:

Here is Samuel Water's thread on Websleuths: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Samuel-Waters-21-Lawrenceville-4-January-2015

I wonder if he went outside to smoke or get some air or maybe he heard something suspicious. Maybe he went outside to investigate and saw someone so he ran inside the house grabbed his gun and was following someone.

There were several cars broken into, approx 15 cars during the course of a month and items were reported stolen, also someone stole a persons mail at two different locations on his block, one theft was at 01:55 am on 12/30. Burglaries were reported from several homes and businesses, drug arrests, sexual assault right in a one mile radius of his home.

Hope we hear something soon.

The family needs just one clue.

See link for crime I listed at

Crimemapping.com

(Sorry I cannot copy and paste)

I am just surprised that Disappeared is getting involved in a case that isn't even a month old. That seems odd to me.

I think this is consistent with the other specials they've done lately: They get involved with an active search as it develops. I don't know how they choose cases but I don't think this is that unusual.

I wonder if he went outside to smoke or get some air or maybe he heard something suspicious. Maybe he went outside to investigate and saw someone so he ran inside the house grabbed his gun and was following someone.

There were several cars broken into, approx 15 cars during the course of a month and items were reported stolen, also someone stole a persons mail at two different locations on his block, one theft was at 01:55 am on 12/30. Burglaries were reported from several homes and businesses, drug arrests, sexual assault right in a one mile radius of his home.

Hope we hear something soon.

The family needs just one clue.

See link for crime I listed at

Crimemapping.com

(Sorry I cannot copy and paste)

That is an interesting angle. I'd say it's possible. I wonder if LE has tried to make any connections or ruled anything out? I hope something pans out soon & I hope it's good news whensomething does pan out!

Also, I just checked the fb page. There is a pretty interesting comment on their most recent post. I hope it is connected because that would mean somebody has spotted him alive.

Me too. It seemed to be like the only lead! I've followed MP cases for a long time & it still blows my mind that people can somehow vanish into thin air.

White male from GA. Thinking back to Kyle Fleischmann and Justin Gaines. Kyle vanished a week after Justin but the stories were similar as well as their physical profiles. A quick drive down 85 from CLT and you are in the ATL area.
Mentions of Smiley face murders? No clue if anything is related or not, I'm just throwing ideas out there. It seems strange to me Kelly had a burner phone. Why? So odd.

I'm curious about the burner phone as well. Usually people have those for a couple different reasons. One of them is a business/work type situation but then again, I don't think it would have been described as a "throwaway phone". Second, drug dealers but he is said to not have any drug problems so I really doubt this. The third reason I can think of to have a burner phone is an affair. I'm not saying Kelly was having one but it's a possibility than can't be ruled out as of right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back