GA - Ke’Younte Penn, 2, and Ja’Karter Williams, 1, mom put them in oven to die, Atlanta, Oct 2017

PastTense

Reaction score
A 24-year-old mother of four is accused of killing her two youngest sons “by placing them in an oven and turning it on,” according to an arrest warrant obtained Monday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

An official autopsy is pending. The arrest warrant alleges Lamora Williams put her sons in the oven sometime between midnight Thursday and 11 p.m. Friday. Atlanta police had said earlier that the two boys had “received burn marks on their bodies at some point, possibly from the stove.”

Police removed the stove from the home for further investigation..

Friends and family members of Williams told the AJC she suffered from undiagnosed mental health problems that were exacerbated by her father’s death when she was 19 and by having four children under the age of 7. They said she was also a single mother who had some help from Penn, but not enough considering her mental health..
http://www.ajc.com/news/local/just-...irst-court-appearance/agr5EsCcrcE7ScWxz1BwrM/

Screen-Shot-2017-10-16-at-10.21.27-PM.png

I cannot do this one. :( God bless their little souls.

These poor boys...how can a parent do this!

This is beyond sickening... good lord. Yes god bless their little souls, I can’t even believe this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/mom-accused-of-killing-her-babies-by-cooking-them-alive-in-oven/

Williams called the boys’ father, Jameel Penn, Friday night to show him live video of the crime scene — including the children lying burned on the floor — which prompted him to call 911

Williams was was arrested on felony murder charges on Saturday and was ordered held without bond in Fulton County jail. She told cops that she left the kids in a sitter’s care and found the kids dead when she came home late Friday.

Her 6-year-old daughter was placed in family members’ care, according to police, but it was not immediately clear where her fourth child was.

This article gives a little bit different info than what I posted above.

[FONT=&quot]The boys' father, Jameel Penn, found the children on the floor and called police, according to a warrant obtained by the Journal-Constitution. The children, 2-year-old Ke’Younte Penn and 1-year-old Ja’Karter Williams, were pronounced dead when authorities arrived at the family's apartment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A 3-year-old who was in the apartment at the time of last week's incident was unharmed. Williams' 6-year-old daughter was with relatives, and was also unharmed.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/mother-puts-two-children-in-hot-oven-warrant-alleges[/FONT]

Those poor boys!

This is so disgusting and despicable.

dear lord...

I've just about had enough. At some point psychiatry is inadequate to explain some things.

Here is the affidavit for arrest

Attachments

• warrant2_1508283017116_4371186_ver1.0.jpg 917×931 pixels.pdf
    171 KB · Views: 29
I'm probably posting in the wrong section, so apologies in advance, but was wondering if there were any updates on her trial? Every time I think I've found a current article or update, its behind a paywall or I can't access for some reason

Lamora-Williams.jpeg

A Georgia mother of three accused of killing two of her children “by placing them in an oven and turning it on” waived her first court appearance on Friday morning, local media in Atlanta reported.

Lamora Williams stands accused of myriad crimes over the October 2017 deaths of her sons, 1-year-old Ja’Karter Penn and 2-year-old Ke’Yaunte Penn – who police believe were killed roughly an hour apart.

In February 2018, Williams was indicted on four counts of felony murder, two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of concealing the death of another, and one count of making a false statement.

She has also been charged with two counts of cruelty to children in the first degree, one count of cruelty to children in the second degree, one additional count of aggravated assault, one count of obstruction of a law enforcement officer, and one count of battery resulting in substantial physical harm, Fulton County Jail records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Law enforcement said that both toddlers “received burn marks on their bodies at some point, possibly from the stove,” People Magazine reported.

The defendant told police that she left all three of her children with a caregiver from noon until 11:30 p.m. and returned home to find that two had died while the caregiver was gone, WAGA reports.

Police told the TV station that the eldest boy, who survived, watched his mother kill his two younger brothers.

The case has been delayed due to pandemic concerns and for mental health evaluations and related proceedings.

Williams was in the courtroom on Friday morning but did not appear in front of the judge for a scheduled final plea hearing, according to WAGA and local NBC affiliate WXIA.

Instead, lawyers for the state and defense reportedly agreed on a special setting for a trial date that a Fulton County Superior Court judge will announce in the future.

I remember this case. This is the 911 call. IIRC she had serious mental health issues.

This is dad on a radio interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back