GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Backwoods, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

more at: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/topstori...-Doesnt-Object-to-Searching-Grandfathers-Farm

ETA: And... thanks very much, 13WMAZ, for providing a link to a pdf of the discovery document!!

http://www.13wmaz.com/assetpool/documents/130912034445_McDaniel%20Discovery%20Order.pdf

2. Loading...

3. pearl

pearl Member

Thanks, Backwoods, for the update.

If the privately retained searchers find something they feel is evidence, are they permitted to call LE to retrieve it as long as the LE isn't from Macon?

4. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Great question, pearl, and I don't know the answer. I'm sure they will have some kind of approved system set in place, though, to get any evidence found evaluated and into the right hands.

5. cocomod

cocomod Active Member

I wonder if they will find anything relevant. I read the article this morning and wondered who they will choose to do their investigation.

I also wonder if he is certain that they will not find anything because he hid it well or because nothing is there. I am also curious about this witness and how affective she will be if no evidence was found where she pointed LE.

6. bessie

bessie <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

Just a friendly reminder, everyone. If discussing the witnesses, please remember, initials only.

:tyou:

7. tomkat

tomkat New Member

Then I guess the FBI should go back and check it out, OR it may be that cadaver dogs hits is like genealogy research, you can make anything fit if you want to (where it is fact or fiction).

I'm just really disturbed that the cadaver dog hit there and the FBI is saying nothing is there or atleast LG wasn't

So I recall the deep discussion early on here about the cadaver dogs hitting at LG Apts. Seemed to me it was strongly beleived by everyone/most anyway, that the dogs hits are surely a dead ringer. No pun intended

8. tomkat

tomkat New Member

Yes I was trying to figure his angle in his cooperation or whatever it was

ORRR, if he objected, then what? Everyone would think stronly then that LG was at the grandfathers property and what....no one could search? Or maybe make someone more determined to search ? I mean do they need SM permission? Or was that just a statement he made? LOL

9. Wondergirl

Wondergirl New Member

Everytime I come on Lauren's thread, I am just absolutely horrified to recall the dreadful details of what we know so far.

The worst part is, it is only the tip of the iceburg.

I don't think I can take learning about the physical evidence in this case.

The gruesome manner with which such a beautiful, vibrant soul was taken, will haunt so many people, loved ones and strangers alike.

The fact that part of her remains continue to be stolen and withheld in an evil, despicable, cruel manner from her loved ones is another element of an attempt at power in her death. It makes me SICK.

If his own family cannot find someway to appeal to his purely evil heart in righting his horrible wrong, then there is no hope left for humanity.

With a heavy heart, I remember Lauren tonight. :(

10. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

After the little flurry (at the end of the past week) of coverage concerning the civil suit, which did mention that pre-trial hearings in the criminal case are upcoming Monday, I have not seen any further mention of Monday's hearings until just a few minutes ago, on the late news on Macon's 13WMAZ. (Whew -- I was beginning to fear they had been rescheduled.)

Bad news is, 13WMAZ report said they will have "team coverage" tomorrow at 5 and 6, no mention of live-streaming. macon.com hasn't rung in with any plans for that either, thus far.

No link yet for tonight's 13WMAZ broadcast, but I will check later and post the link when it's up.

ETA: Well, still no link, guess nobody's minding the store following the late Sunday newscast! Y'all will just have to take my word for it, LOL.

11. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

12. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

I am really frustrated with the media coverage in this case right now.

You know, I am not sure that extensive media coverage, live full coverage of hearings, etc. is the RIGHT thing -- but I kinda figure, if you start out that way, you should finish that way, barring a gag order. Has anybody heard anything about a gag order? Because I sure haven't. Has the judge put a stop to it -- if so, media, tell us.

Why live-cover a bond hearing in full, then not do so with pre-trial motions, Macon media??

I'm also still mad at The Telegraph (and other media outlets, because they could have stepped up to the plate) for never posting a full copy of the second set of defense motions filed -- because The Telegraph DID post the first set! They set a precedent. Where is Mike Stucka when you need him (Telegraph guy attributed credit for getting the first set online)? Did he get in trouble over sharing that and, if so, with whom?

So now, not only do we get only what dribbles of the hearings the paper chooses to share -- or the dumbed-down TV news version -- we don't EVEN have full knowledge of what is expected to be handled. Dang, I KNEW I should have made arrangements to be free to attend the hearings! I wish I had.

And now The Telegraph/macon.com seems to have switched completely over to the Facebook-required format even to READ comments. That steams me, too. I've seen the comments section habitually used in a really hateful and childish manner, so I DO kind of understand them doing that, but, arghh, all of these frustrations at once.

ETA: I will try to hunt down and link some of the "dribbles" later, once they get through dribbling out, LOL, if no one else does. Right now I am too mad.

Will say that from what I've seen, 5 days have been set aside for the hearings. The Giddings family is reported to have been in attendance today.

13. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

14. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

15. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

I expect "today's dribble" from macon.com is now through updating, so I'll go with this:

lots more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/09/16/2667434/mcdaniel-hearings-set-to-begin.html

16. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

The pre-trial hearings wrapped up today -- well, this round of them, anyway -- with the attorneys now to work up their arguments on the motions in briefs to present to the judge.

Testimony in regard to the HRD dog motion was postponed as experts for both sides were unable to schedule for this week -- so that is now tentatively scheduled for Nov 21/22.

From the coverage we have been given, looks as if the most interesting action today may have centered around the master key.

more at: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/246666/153/McDaniel-Motion-Hearings-Wrap-Up-on-Day-Two

Interesting, to me, the different slants in significance different media outlets gave this:

http://www.macon.com/2013/09/17/2669379/mcdaniel-hearings-conclude-will.html

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/246666/153/McDaniel-Motion-Hearings-Wrap-Up-on-Day-Two

more at: http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-new...uesday-scheduled-to-pick-up-again-in-november

A few more various interesting bits from The Telegraph/macon.com coverage:

http://www.macon.com/2013/09/17/2669379/mcdaniel-hearings-conclude-will.html

17. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Thought I would note, for those not from the area, that Tuesday's (and to some extent Monday's) hearing took a backseat in local media to the first election for consolidated Macon-Bibb County officials.

What with the historic nature of the election and with some glitches plaguing both early and at-the-polls voting, there was plenty of election news to be covered.

Consolidation of city and state was long a topic of discussion, debate, and dissension, but it finally passed -- last year, I guess? The older item at the link below might interest some who have followed Lauren's case and remember former Macon Police Chief Burns:

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/68403-macon-police-chief-will-vote-no-consolidation

I am still disappointed in the way the hearings have been covered ... and a little confused, as well.

I saw one small clip of Hogue questioning Judge Ennis. In all the other clips I saw, the prosecution was shown questioning. Am I correct that the defense also would have had opportunity with the same witnesses? If so, I wonder if the defense declined to question most or the media (13WMAZ, mostly, as they seem the only outlet to be good enough to favor us with long clips) decided not to share that...? Just wish I came away from the coverage with a better idea of how it all went.

18. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

I have largely (and unintentionally) neglected coverage of the hearings from two Macon media outlets, so I will add those:

http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-new...ings-underway-in-stephen-mcdaniel-murder-case

http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-new...uesday-scheduled-to-pick-up-again-in-november

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/motion-hearings-underway-in-mcdaniel-trial-20130916

(no report on Tuesday's hearings up yet at this last outlet)

19. bessie

20. bessie

This seemed like a good time to open a fresh, new thread which should carry us into the trial uninterrupted, and will facilitate searching for information down the road.

21. Wondergirl

Wondergirl New Member

I still have the picture of this creep with Clarence Thomas, and it gives me the willies, how savvy these freaks are in getting close to their victims. Reminds me of Russell Williams flying the Queen of England around. Seriously, it is one sick world that we live in. Forgive the foul mood, I get beyond tired of innocent victims being betrayed and savagely murdered by psychopaths. Not a good night.