GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

Discussing the Wal-Mart video reminded me: We had a WS poster -- can't recall for sure who -- who said he/she thought they'd encountered SM at that Wal-Mart right around the time of Lauren's murder. Said the guy was wearing a Mercer Law t-shirt, I think.

Yes, she and her dad saw him the same week I think, but don't know if it was that Monday he missed his prep, they thought he was a weird looking guy ti be a law student

Yes, she and her dad saw him the same week I think, but don't know if it was that Monday he missed his prep, they thought he was a weird looking guy ti be a law student

Seems that I remember that poster said he/she thought it was the day Lauren was last seen or a day or two before, but I'm not certain. I do remember he/she planned to check something on his/her cell phone to help pin down the date.

Finally watched the video in length, seemed child like in this video, wonder if that's how he behaved with his parents........and observing split hoof, he's a grey,

I asked moderator bessie if the audio/podcast at the following link would be OK to link at WS and was given the go-ahead, so:

http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-16/

Most of this will be familiar material to those who followed Lauren's threads, but it is presented interestingly. There is also a section with an interview with an LE officer about interrogation techniques.

I hadn't been familiar with the Sword and Scale site before, just happened to stumble across this.

I asked moderator bessie if the audio/podcast at the following link would be OK to link at WS and was given the go-ahead, so:

http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-16/

Most of this will be familiar material to those who followed Lauren's threads, but it is presented interestingly. There is also a section with an interview with an LE officer about interrogation techniques.

I hadn't been familiar with the Sword and Scale site before, just happened to stumble across this.

Thanks for the plug! :seeya:

Just stopping by Lauren's thread to say a huge "thank You' to Backwoods for keeping us up to date during the long ordeal to get some kind of justice for Lauren.

I just checked, and SM is still at Jackson. I wonder if his lawyers stay in touch with him.

I just checked, and SM is still at Jackson. I wonder if his lawyers stay in touch with him.

If I understand correctly, it is possible that he may end up remaining at Jackson, that he may be assigned there as his "permanent" institution...? If that happens (or possibly already has happened), wonder if we will be informed by MSM that has happened -- or will we just have to guess that's the case, if we never hear in MSM or see on the GDOC site that he has been moved elsewhere?

With the third anniversary of Lauren's murder coming up soon, I feel fairly confident that at least The Telegraph/macon.com will provide some coverage, and, I hope, at least a nugget or two of new information. (Such a verbal lashing was given in the macon.com online "comments" during the follow-up articles after the plea, those surly folks demanding "Just stop!!!", that I wonder a little if the reporters are a little cowed and will let the three-year mark pass without comment....but, nah, Amy and Joe wouldn't do that, would they? I, for one, hope not.)

In looking for similar cases of dismemberment for the Dermond threads, I found this case. And low and behold, some familiar "faces" are on this thread :seeya:

In looking for similar cases of dismemberment for the Dermond threads, I found this case. And low and behold, some familiar "faces" are on this thread :seeya:

HO HO ! :lurk: Hello there atthelake ! LOL

This happened 20 miles from my home and I had a rental 1 minute walk from the other side of the Mercer Law school, hit home

The Dermond case happened 20 minutes from me "atthelake" home at Sinclair in Eatonton

Somewhat similar yet many differences to the Dermond case, IMO

:seeya: over at the Dermond thread !

Thinking of Lauren this evening ....

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Three years ago, she was still here.

But within a few hours, if the timeline Stephen gave in his allocution was truthful, she would be gone.

Too soon, way too soon.

God rest you, Lauren. :candle:

I'm here, too, BW...thinking of Lauren.

Stephen McDaniel Spy Video Evidence Released

Two months after Mercer law school grad Stephen McDaniel pleaded guilty to the dismemberment killing of his classmate and neighbor Lauren Giddings, prosecutors have released the videos he took to spy on her on the night of her death....

...Lawyers for both sides confirm the footage was part of a string of evidence uncovered right before McDaniel was scheduled to go to trial earlier this year....

...In his written confession McDaniel never mentioned the videos....

...The full events that happened are still unknown as many investigators say they don't buy completely into McDaniel's confession, and new evidence being released may only serve to fuel speculation.

McDaniel is currently being housed at Georgia's Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson....
more at: http://www.wgxa.tv/story/stephen-mcdaniel-spy-video-evidence-released-20140627

I don't know if I'll ever fall asleep tonight after watching that video. Truly. It sent shivers down my spine. It's like being there with Norman... I mean Stephen, just moments before the crime. One of the most compelling pieces of footage I've ever viewed.

I don't know if I'll ever fall asleep tonight after watching that video. Truly. It sent shivers down my spine. It's like being there with Norman... I mean Stephen, just moments before the crime. One of the most compelling pieces of footage I've ever viewed.

Omg her DoorJam! He specifically mentioned that. What a . :banghead:

From the Opinion page of Macon's The Telegraph/macon.com, by the executive editor:

MARSHALL: Spy video disturbing to watch, but key to McDaniel story

...Late last week, The Telegraph got access to the video. Joe Kovac Jr. and Amy Leigh Womack, the reporters who have covered the McDaniel case, along with their supervisor, Oby Brown, senior editor for local news, viewed the video clips -- none of which showed Lauren. They recommended which ones we should post to macon.com. ...

...Feedback from readers is important to us. We had heard during some of our coverage after McDaniel’s April 21 plea that some readers were fed up with the coverage....

...We had multiple discussions about the bulk of material we had at hand and how much of it was worth sharing with the public. Despite the way it may have appeared, we didn’t share everything, but it is fair to say we erred on the side of openness....

...What has always struck me about this case is how Lauren never had a chance. There doesn’t appear to be anything she could have done to protect herself from McDaniel. It is human nature to try to find an answer when bad things happen. There is no answer here. That makes many of us feel vulnerable....

...That is the story we have tried to tell. We understand and respect that there are readers who disagree with all that we have told or shown. ...

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/06/29/3173665/marshall-spy-video-disturbing.html?sp=/99/203/

One of those rare times when I wish I was more active in social media -- so that I could comment in macon.com comments. I'd like to support The Telegraph in this, tell those folks I appreciate their coverage.

Not sure what that means about me, but that's how it is.

Guess we know what the stick was for ............ I remembered my last post was WAYYY off, didn't the friend of the downstairs neighbor say he was friendly and waved, I remember thinking he mujst've been non chalant about the whole thing

Right on Plainjanedoe! !

I make sure to lock all my doors now, between this and the Dermonds, yes, myreality has changed, used to never lock our doors, we are on some land so no one would see a danged thing and if BTK, SM and whoever did this to the Dermonds can do it in a high traffic area, JEEESH! We all better watch our backs!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back