GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by bessie, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue here...

Previous Thread
    Thread #1

2. Loading...

3. PDUBBY

PDUBBY New Member

I think everyone is going back and forth on McD. I don't think it's a stretch to think no matter whether he did it or not, the police seem to be leaning heavily in his direction. Why else would the forensics be so important unless they think evidence collected from his apartment is crucial?

I think these petty theft charges are to keep him under control until the lab results come back.

4. midstateMind

midstateMind New Member

I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to agree. I didn't want it to be him---maybe just because I didn't want it to someone who seemed stereotyped by his looks and demeanor. I really had hoped he was just a bumbling "weird" guy who was socially awkward.

There are a lot of rumors going around town right now, and you can hardly go anywhere without hearing people whispering about it. If I were guessing, I'd say the judge would again deny bail on Thursday. I don't really want to feed the rumor mill, but I don't think it looks good for this guy.

No matter what the outcome, justice must be done, and I hope this sad chapter for the Giddings family and the city of Macon is closed soon.

5. Lomaker

Lomaker New Member

I think these two nailed it. And although I have gone back and forth, and have even felt guilty of being overly judgemental of McD, I am once again leaning more towards him being guilty. And thanks Mia for pointing that out about the interview!!! I think that is definitely worth noting.

I heard today that certain LE are confident about things, specifically about having McD already in custody. Very word of mouth, so take it FWIW.

Lab results please?

6. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Sometimes even though it waddles and quacks, we don't want to call it a duck.

I've said more than once I was not completely convinced McD is the one. But after all I've heard and read at this point, I'm about 90% there. I don't believe there is some conspiracy in which LE has McD locked up to keep the public satiated. He's there because they know things we don't.

7. McMunn

McMunn New Member

I spoke with someone I work with today, who drives down Georgia Avenue every day. She said that she drove past the apartments earlier today and saw several squad cars with their lights on, and a plumber's van. Hmmmm... maybe taking out more plumbing?

8. Knox

Thanks for the local update McMunn!! Lab found a trace but requested additional sample?

Where's Lauren DiSpirito when you need her?

9. SaMy

SaMy New Member

That's curious...Thanks for sharing McMunn :)

10. McMunn

McMunn New Member

Maybe they were there to put some of the plumbing back in, in the other apartments that they checked. She was also telling me about someone she knows who lives kitty korner toward the back of the apartments, and how they were watching as they were pulling the tub out of SM's apartment last week.

11. bessie

Ha! That's what I was thinking.

12. Knox

Sighhh, nothing about the forensic results.

13. Knox

I was a little surprised at how soon LE allowed Lauren's apartment to be cleared out. I somehow thought they would keep it intact for a while longer, just in case they needed to verify something or go back and look for evidence.

14. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

Possible they were reinstalling new plumbing for the parts tht were taken out and sent for testing..

But would that really require LE in squad cars to be present for plumbers just installing replaced pipes and fittings. IMO I wouldn't think so. But as always jmo, tho!!

15. bessie

I thought about that Smooth. We don't know what they were doing, but IF they were reinstalling the plumbing, the extra security might've been warranted to keep the media and curious onlookers at bay.

16. Knox

BBM- Really, no solid suspects?! Ughhh!!!

17. bessie

It's not clear whether they received the results or not. Sounds like they don't want the media and the public getting in their way while waiting for an update.

18. PDUBBY

PDUBBY New Member

I wonder if their "not planning to give any updates" and their quote that they have no suspects means the McD forensics were a dead end?

19. bessie

Among the folks who are talking, do any of them know him personally?

20. Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard Verified Attorney

Yeah, but I wonder why they would have the lights on if that's all that was going on.

21. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

A friend of mine drove by yesterday afternoon. A squad car was just sitting in the apartment lot. I wonder if they are using their surveillance to film anyone who is in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.