GUILTY GA - Linda Yancey, 44, & Marcial Cax-Puluc, 23, murdered, Stone Mountain, 9 June 2008

Hey everyone! He cut off his ankle monitor last week, and fled his mother's home. No telling where he is now.

Hey everyone! He cut off his ankle monitor last week, and fled his mother's home. No telling where he is now.

omg Showersinger- I wonder what made him do something SOOO stupid? Was he even looking at the DP? I just read this and am in shock. :eek:

I am going to check AMW and a couple other sites and see what they have to say!!

PS- Thanks for the update- :blowkiss:

snipped from article:
Judge Linda Warren Hunter has since revoked Yancey’s bond. A Magistrate Court report earlier this week showed a string of errors —- from not calling authorities immediately after it appeared Yancey tampered with the bracelet to voice mail messages left unanswered for hours —- helped Yancey escape.
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/stories/2009/04/10/metrail0410.html

I wonder how many of his inside contacts helped delay his get-a-way? One good thing we can count on, althought he is a cop, he is a dumb one and should be caught fairly soon. I hope he doesnt go after his son that he used to beat up, but he is probably protected/warned by all of this. What a shame to both victims!

I'm wondering if the bus station appearance may have been deliberate on Yancy's part. If it was a mistake, he would have had to be drunk, high, or stupid. Being a cop, he knows that the first thing you do when someone is on the run is alert the bus and tain stations, the airport, truck stops and DPS.
If he left the area, he probably went by private car, but I'm betting he's hidden out close to home until things cool off.
He thinks he is clever, that's why he thought he could get away with premeditated murder.:loser:

JMO
Susan

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...uble_murder.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Video cameras picked up former DeKalb sheriff’s deputy Derrick Yancey at the Atlanta bus station in April just a few hours after he removed his ankle monitoring bracelet in order to escape, DeKalb Sheriff Thomas Brown said Thursday.

Yancey, charged with murder, escaped Atlanta on a westbound Greyhound bus and then disappeared somewhere between Phoenix and Los Angeles, Brown said.

More at link ...

Sounds to me like Yancey got tired of sitting in jail. My guess would be that Yancey doesn't intend to return. As in when they catch him, he may be planning suicide by cop. I only hope he doesn't take anyone else out with him. And he has already shown that he is capable of that.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/19656304/detail.html update

Weeks before he disappeared, he applied to receive a lump sum payment of his pension that he had contributed to DeKalb County,” Brown said.

That pension was worth $18,000, which the sheriff said was divided among family members.

The sheriff said those relatives may have helped Yancey leave the area. The relatives are now persons of interest in the case, Brown said.

Authorities are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Yancey's recapture.

When Yancey was on AMW, I almost choked!! He KNOWS who is waiting for a cop-killing cop like himself when he gets to jail (hope that made sense) and he knows that they're going to get his butt and good !!! I would NOT be surprised if he didn't chicken out :chicken: and take his own life rather than face the music? Why else would he lie about the WHOLE story,and then flee from house arrest? This isnt an average citizen, he is a trained officer who knows the ramifications of his actions to this point.

Mrs Yancey and the day helper did NOTHING to deserve this- SICKKO!!!!!!

I have a feeling he will be a HARD catch!!!!

Just discovered this case. Wow, this Sheriff Yancey character sounds like a complete idiot. He thought he could murder his wife, along with a foreigner, and just blame it on the foreigner? It doesn't sound like much more planning went into it than that. And now he escapes from jail and goes to a bus station, one of the first places LE would look for him? The stupidity of these guys who continually think they can murder their wives (and in this case, an additional innocent for staging purposes) and get away with it just confounds me. Enough of these cases have occurred that when a married woman is murdered, her spouse is always the primary suspect. Apparently these murderers haven't realized this yet. The arrogance and stupidity and selfishness are just incredible. Who would ever see murder as a favorable alternative to divorce?

Just discovered this case. Wow, this Sheriff Yancey character sounds like a complete idiot. He thought he could murder his wife, along with a foreigner, and just blame it on the foreigner? It doesn't sound like much more planning went into it than that. And now he escapes from jail and goes to a bus station, one of the first places LE would look for him? The stupidity of these guys who continually think they can murder their wives (and in this case, an additional innocent for staging purposes) and get away with it just confounds me. Enough of these cases have occurred that when a married woman is murdered, her spouse is always the primary suspect. Apparently these murderers haven't realized this yet. The arrogance and stupidity and selfishness are just incredible. Who would ever see murder as a favorable alternative to divorce?

Great quote and :Welcome-12-june: and :wave:

Former DeKalb County sheriff’s deputy and now fugitive murder suspect Derrick Yancey escaped Atlanta on a westbound Greyhound bus and then vanished somewhere between Phoenix and Los Angeles, Sheriff Thomas Brown said Thursday.

snip...Investigators suspect Yancey may have altered his appearance by either growing a full beard, growing his hair longer or possibly shaving his head.

The video from the Atlanta bus station showed him with a new mustache, longer hair and the beginnings of a beard
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/06/05/yancey0605.html

He's now using the name David Brown

Video Released of Yancey Buying Ticket

A former sheriff's deputy accused of killing his wife and a day laborer was videotaped at an Atlanta bus station just hours after removing an ankle monitor in order to escape, officials said Thursday.

Former DeKalb sheriff's deputy Derrick Yancey is charged with killing his wife and a day laborer. He escaped home confinement in April and went on the run.

The video from an Atlanta greyhound station is the first look at him since.

DeKalb Sheriff Thomas Brown said Yancey could be in Mexico. DeKalb officials have video of him at bus stations in Atlanta and Dallas.

"We suspect that the family of Derrick Yancey assisted in his escape and are responsible with the financial and overall support of Mr. Yancey while at large," said DeKalb Sheriff Thomas Brown.

Brown also said that Yancey had cashed out his $18,000 pension and paid cash for his bus ticket.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/DeKalb_Police_to_Release_Yancey_Video_060409

Sheesh! I guess I missed the news that this idiot had escaped. I would expect him to be in Mexico by now. But honestly, he's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I can't see him being on the lam for too long. I hope they know exactly what family members have helped him get away. Hope it was worth it for them!

I sure hope that the family member's helping him isnt his son. He does have a son, but they have a violent relationship. LE has been called out and he was charded, but dropped- good read. I cant imagine the son helping after he murdered his mother.

Wonder who is helping that ? They will trace him down soon if thats the point. Its getting harder to hide out in Mexico with AMW being world-wide.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/06/11/dekalb_deputy_wife_shot.html

WOW--the judge in this case should be very proud of themselves for giving a presumed double murderer $150K bond. And why haven't the family members who helped in the escape been arrested yet.

I hope they find this and put him in general pop (he will not last long there). This is horrible those poor people never deserved this..

I remember a story just like this on one of those crime shows on the tru channel (where they reinact real crimes).... husband was downstairs, heard commotion upstairs, found man attacking his wife, had to shoot man. Turns out the man was a hapless victim too, the driver of a taxi service the wife used at the airport recently, the husband "arranged" for him to stop over, the man found the wife dead, and then was killed by the husband who called police to say this disgruntled taxi driver came over and killed his wife because she wrote a letter to his boss about his bad driving.

DeKalb County officials are set to announce "significant developments" in the search for a former sheriff's deputy who escaped custody after he was accused of killing his wife and a day laborer.

County officials say Sheriff Thomas Brown is expected to release the new details Monday on the case involving Derrick Yancey.

More at link:
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/21037690/detail.html

I remember a story just like this on one of those crime shows on the tru channel (where they reinact real crimes).... husband was downstairs, heard commotion upstairs, found man attacking his wife, had to shoot man. Turns out the man was a hapless victim too, the driver of a taxi service the wife used at the airport recently, the husband "arranged" for him to stop over, the man found the wife dead, and then was killed by the husband who called police to say this disgruntled taxi driver came over and killed his wife because she wrote a letter to his boss about his bad driving.

I remember watching a show about this case, at first he was believed, but some cops thought there was something hinky about him, and upon reviewing the crime scene photos his story did not add up,

another one who thought he was smarter than he actually is,

and this deputy want be convincing many of his innocence after he fled to Belize and went drinking in a bar

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/21037690/detail.html

Feds: Derrick Yancey Found In Belize
Derrick Yancey Accused In 2008 Shootings

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- Derrick Yancey, a former DeKalb County sheriff's deputy who escaped custody after he was accused of killing his wife and a day laborer, was in custody Monday in Belize, federal officials announced.

Agents with the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security tracked Yancey and located him at a local bar in Punta Gora, Belize.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back