GUILTY GA - Lydia Ivanditti, 63, dead in bathtub, Eatonton, 2 Dec 2016

Who is the "now girlfriend" you mentioned (if you can say)? Was her last name Matthews?

From the comments on FB, it appears that Frank had a lot of girlfriends and a lot of children, and not on good terms with some of their mothers.

I too wish that LI had not ever had any contact with him.

Yes the girlfriend last name is Matthews. He only has 4 children and 2 baby mothers. The 2 youngest children of the Matthews girl is his and he have 2 order children by another woman in Tennessee. No he don't get along with the other woman at all.

There was a correction to the story about Causey in the Messenger:

The Dec. 22, 2016 edition’s “ARREST MADE FOR IVANDITTI MURDER” contained an error, due to incorrect information contained in the Putnam County Sheriff ’s Office’s jail booking report. Frank Don Causey who was arrested and charged in the murder of Lydia Huggins Ivanditti worked at, and was arrested at, Horton Haulers on Coleman Drive on Dec. 20, The Messenger later learned from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The name of a different business with a similar name was listed in error in the story.

https://etypeservices.com/SWF/LocalUser/Eatonton1//Magazine151973/Full/index.aspx?II=151973#2/z

Curious as to why you say that. Was it a bad neighborhood? The house looked pretty nice to me.
Or is it because of the other recent crimes people have mentioned with an Eatonton/Putnam connection (Dermond, Ivanditti, McIver)?
If any remember the Dolly Hearn murder case (incredible case of the dentist who also killed his wife more than 15 years later, at which time he finally pleaded guilty to both murders), I believe her father's family was also from Eatonton/Putnam area.
The recent crimes in that area do seem very frightening but also so interesting.

always just seemed like a rough area downtown, not in the historic commercial downtown area which I would only frequent in the daytime anyway, if at all, there are nicer areas, of course AS WE KNOW, crimes can happen anywhere

.........the area where McIvers were is farmland between Lake Sinclair and Lake Oconee...........the Dermonds were on Lake Oconee and Lydia was in the old downtown housing area of Eatonton, the town has lakes both north and south of it....Lawrence Shoals is nearer to the northern tip of Pea Ridge but still not that close, I dont know the distance exactly without mapping it ok mapped it, hmmmm and intersting McIver also had a home on Fernbanks ln great waters 1.5 miles from dermonds homes on carolyn.....someone who new the lake well https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gre...0047e03443!2m2!1d-83.2377483!2d33.3960358!3e0

Does anyone know what happened at the bond hearing for Frank Don Causey that was supposed to be held in Putnam County Superior Court last Tuesday, January 3, 2017?

Some related legal references:

Setting of Bond in Georgia Criminal Cases
A person charged with the offense of murder may obtain bail only before a superior court judge. OCGA § 17-6-1(a)(2). The purpose of a pretrial bond is to prevent punishment before a conviction and to secure the appearance of the person in court for trial.
The trial court may release a person on bail if the court finds the person:
(1) Poses no significant risk of fleeing from the jurisdiction of the court or failing to appear in court when required;
(2) Poses no significant threat or danger to any person, to the community, or to any property in the community;
(3) Poses no significant risk of committing any felony pending trial; and
(4) Poses no significant risk of intimidating witnesses or otherwise obstructing the administration of justice.

http://thesessionslawfirm.com/2014/10/21/setting-of-bond-in-georgia-criminal-cases/

Criminal Process Before the Trial
In Georgia, a suspect is usually allowed to get out of jail by posting bail unless he or she is accused of a capital crime. (A capital crime is a crime such as murder, rape, or armed robbery that is punishable by long prison sentences, life imprisonment, or death. Bail, or surety, is generally denied by the courts for defendants accused of this type of crime.) In many cases, bail is also denied if the defendant is a repeat offender or if the crime is a violent one.

http://www.georgialegalaid.org/resource/criminal-process-before-the-trial?lang=EN

I have not seen a single mention of this case lately or the January 3rd Superior court determination in any local, state, national or international news media source!

Although I am almost positive that Mr. Causey was denied bail (for many reasons), I sure would like to know what happened at the bond hearing!

Murder suspect served time in Tennessee jail
Man charged with killing Ivanditti was convicted of multiple crimes

Causey’s attorney, public defender G.B. “Butch” Moore, has not filed a motion for bond in Superior Court and is not expected to, Assistant District Attorney Wright Barksdale said Monday.
Court records from Shelby County, Tenn., where Causey lived in the past, reveal he pleaded guilty in March 2009 to one count of misdemeanor criminal impersonation and one count of forgery. Causey wrote a check to “Rico Brown” for $450 using a woman’s personal bank account, signed her name to it and cashed it as Rico Brown. He was sentenced to six months in jail and seven months in jail on each charge, respectively, which were served concurrently. In September 2011, Causey pled guilty to one felony count of forgery. In that case, he made a check out to himself, this time in his legal name, on a business account check, in the amount of $496.72 and forged the signature on the check. The business was a job-placement service. He served three months and 15 days in jail.
"no additional details about the relationship or a motive for the slaying have been revealed"
[by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Eatonton Police Department.]

Unable to provide link to Eatonton Messenger article

Local paper Eat Mess never bothered to report what happened at the bond hearing for Mr. Causey scheduled for January 3rd, if it even ever occurred. I guess the paper's editor thinks that the people in Eatonton aren't concerned about murderer on the loose. Sloppy.

Confirmed today that Frank Don Causey remains in the Putnam County jail with no bond.

Report: Man in Eatonton murder case choked another woman earlier in year

EATONTON -- The man authorities say strangled and drowned an Eatonton homeowner is also is wanted in Tennessee for reportedly strangling another woman there.
Frank Don Causey, 26, formerly of 202-B Putnam Ave., Eatonton, is in Putnam County Jail, charged with the murder of 63-year-old Lydia Huggins Ivanditti, who was found dead in her 307 W. Walnut St. home Dec. 2, 2016. Causey was arrested while he was at work at Horton Haulers in Eatonton Dec. 20 by Georgia Bureau of Investigations Agent David Peebles.
According to reports obtained by The Eatonton Messenger, Eatonton Police Investigator Howell Cardwell contacted the Shelby County, Tenn. Sheriff’s Office because Cardwell was investigating a report from the local Department of Family and Children's Services about Causey. Shelby County authorities told Cardwell they “had two outstanding warrants for Causey.” When Cardwell told them Causey was in Eatonton, the Shelby County authorities said “they would not extradite on the charges against him,” according to a May 6, 2016 EPD report.
The charges on those warrants in Tennessee are aggravated assault-domestic violence and probation violation. On April 26, 2016 a woman reported to Shelby County authorities that she was Causey’s ex-girlfriend and on that day, he had someone take him and her to the bank for her to withdraw money, according to a Shelby County court record. The girlfriend told the teller to call police. Causey reportedly left before the police could arrive.
Before going to the bank, the two had argued about money and during the argument, Causey grabbed the woman around the neck with both hands and choked her, according to the report. While he was choking her, the woman lost her ability to breathe and fell to the floor. Causey then reportedly sat on her chest and continued his assault by repeatedly slapping her in the face. He then ...

http://www.msgr.com/articles/2017/0...murder-case-choked-another-woman-earlier-year

Full article not available yet.

What a maggot! I hope when he goes down, somebody slaps him in the face every time he opens his mouth. He'll probably need eyes in the back of his head. Too bad he's SOL on that one!

REPORT: CAUSEY CHOKED WOMAN IN TENNESSEE
Authorities say Ivanditti murder suspect assaulted ex-girlfriend prior to Eatonton case
(continued)

While he was choking her, the woman lost her ability to breathe and fell to the floor. Causey then reportedly sat on her chest and continued his assault by repeatedly slapping her in the face. He then had someone take them to the bank.
In his report, the Shelby County officer noted he could see bruises and scratches on the woman’s chest, face and neck area, which he photographed for evidence. A warrant for Causey’s arrest was issued that day, but The Messenger reporter could find no records of him being arrested for that incident.
Previously reported court records from Shelby County, Tenn. reveal he pleaded guilty in 2009 and 2011 to misdemeanor criminal impersonation and forgery and felony forgery.
Causey also has been arrested in Putnam County 10 times since 2013 and in Jones County twice in 2016 – for cruelty to children, criminal trespass, simple battery-family violence, obstruction of an officer, giving false information, driving while license suspended, no proof of insurance, no vehicle tag, and probation violation – as reported in December by The Messenger.
In some of those arrests, he pleaded guilty and served time in jail. In others, he was arrested and released the same day. The cruelty to children/simple battery incident was “deaddocketed,” meaning it was postponed indefinitely.

Boy, the local newspaper sure left readers with a cliff hanger in the above posted first part of article!
Picking up from there, here is a summary of the rest of the article.
No link for this article.

Local paper Eat Mess never bothered to report what happened at the bond hearing for Mr. Causey scheduled for January 3rd, if it even ever occurred. I guess the paper's editor thinks that the people in Eatonton aren't concerned about murderer on the loose. Sloppy.

Confirmed today that Frank Don Causey remains in the Putnam County jail with no bond.

Eat Mess.........haha

Boy, the local newspaper sure left readers with a cliff hanger in the above posted first part of article!
Picking up from there, here is a summary of the rest of the article.
No link for this article.

This guy should have not been on the streets, nothing to hold him indefinitely until a capital crime is committed.......so sad........thanks for updates.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lydia-ivanditti-3b7a0714

Art Consultant
Pryor Fine Art, Atlanta
September 2015 – Present (1 year 4 months)
Creating a new revenue stream by focusing on building corporate clientele.
Owner
Cashmere Lake Oconee
2013 – 2013 (less than a year)
Sales and client management
Owner
Cashmere Lake Oconee
2013 – 2013 (less than a year)
Executive Director
The Plaza Arts Center
January 2008 – March 2012 (4 years 3 months) Eatonton, GA

Pryor Fine Art website
http://pryorfineart.com

Okay....well, while antique browsing in Macon yesterday.......came across this for sale..........felt kind of eery seeing it.......glad hers isn't a cold casecashmere.jpgcashmere.jpg

Dancin, that was a very interesting find, were they for sale, what was the price. Do we know if she had children? I would have to read back through all this material but I don't remember seeing anything about children. An ex-husband and her mother found her. Why was she there, did she just come and go from Atlanta to Putnam County. Did she still have other close ties to the community other than her mother?

Lawdog, it was in a booth and it appeared to be for sale but not only this item but many items throughout didnt have prices but it was VERY interesting to see...........I think she had a daughter with the guy she was with, her ex, i think, it atl......scruggs, julia......Yeah I dont think she was working in putnam and the only thing it appeared was to come back to help her mother. Dont recall how long she'd been gone but her Arts director job ended in 2012, i have to refresh my memory on this case but seems she had some position in ATL??......With her getting involved with these crooks with Cashmere and other strange things IIRC....seems she was a little naive

Lawdog, it was in a booth and it appeared to be for sale but not only this item but many items throughout didnt have prices but it was VERY interesting to see...........I think she had a daughter with the guy she was with, her ex, i think, it atl......scruggs, julia......Yeah I dont think she was working in putnam and the only thing it appeared was to come back to help her mother. Dont recall how long she'd been gone but her Arts director job ended in 2012, i have to refresh my memory on this case but seems she had some position in ATL??......With her getting involved with these crooks with Cashmere and other strange things IIRC....seems she was a little naive

It seems to me that nobody was looking out for her best interest, why would family, friends, etc, just sit back and not say hey what are you thinking? Anything to get her away from the people she was running with. And why in the world would she be involved with any drug actions at her age, I see no history of anything leading to this outcome. I just don't get this whole situation at all. These people are in their 60s and 70s, talking about all the Putnam County connected cases. It just does not add up, and I sure hope an outside party is looking into these connections. There has to be a smart CHIEF somewhere.

What I was thinking too lawdog, did she have NO advocate, no one to talk to? Did no one say HEY this guy is...........well I think she was arrested but must've never gone to trial, she walked and he didnt, I think it was HIS drugs but Im not sure, of course there was video surveillance, so now Im not sure.........she tended to back her car into her driveway too, thats what people do who are hiding their tag.......i just dont know lawdog, these are all too weird and like you said, they aren't young party animals...yeah something seems really weird
It seems to me that nobody was looking out for her best interest, why would family, friends, etc, just sit back and not say hey what are you thinking? Anything to get her away from the people she was running with. And why in the world would she be involved with any drug actions at her age, I see no history of anything leading to this outcome. I just don't get this whole situation at all. These people are in their 60s and 70s, talking about all the Putnam County connected cases. It just does not add up, and I sure hope an outside party is looking into these connections. There has to be a smart CHIEF somewhere.

Just wanted to give an update on this case.
On Nov. 2 @ 9:00 there will be a plea hearing in Putman County.
The trial is scheduled to begin November 6 @9:00.
Regrettably I haven't been on WebSleuths for months, but hopefully I will be able to come here often now that things are moving right along.
Does anyone here live near that county and is planning on attending the trial? I would love to be kept up to date as to what is happening!

Just wanted to give an update on this case.
On Nov. 2 @ 9:00 there will be a plea hearing in Putman County.
The trial is scheduled to begin November 6 @9:00.
Regrettably I haven't been on WebSleuths for months, but hopefully I will be able to come here often now that things are moving right along.
Does anyone here live near that county and is planning on attending the trial? I would love to be kept up to date as to what is happening!

Any news on Trial today?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back