Identified! Ga - Macon, Woman Wearing Dr. Suess "thing 1" Shirt, June 2018-donna Whipple

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
thing1.jpg

Macon, GA
A dead woman's T-shirt might be the clue that helps identify her.

Someone noticing a foul odor in the 2800 block of Macon's Columbus Road found the decomposed body behind a vacant house, according to a news release from the Bibb County Sheriff's Office.

Just after 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, sheriff's deputies were called to the backyard of the house where they found the unrecognizable female who was wearing a red shirt with the Dr. Seuss "Cat in the Hat" character "Thing 1" written in a white circle across the front.

Her race and cause of death are unknown because of the condition of the body.

Read more here: Woman's decomposed body found behind house. Dr. Seuss T-shirt could help identify her

MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Bibb County Deputies have identified the decomposed body found in the back yard of a vacant home this week.

58-year-old, Donna Whipple was found dead Wednesday night in the 2800 block of Columbus Road.
Deputies say Whipple was last seen by her friends on June 16th. The cause of her death is still under investigation.

If you can help the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office with this investigation, call 478-751-7500 or call Macon Regional Crimestoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.
Bibb County deputies identify decomposed body found at vacant home - 41NBC News | WMGT-DT

I see the UID has been identified, just wanted to say the Turpins had these shirts, o/t.

They have a ton of Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts at Universal Studios in Orlando. Just an FYI.
I wonder if she has a twin? I can't imagine a 58 year old woman wearing that shirt unless she was a twin and wore it when she was with her twin.

According to some posts on SM she was a sweet (white) woman, everyday checking with her friend (who posted) if she could be of any help. I hope LE finds out who did this to her. The neighborhood she lived in is full of killings. Quit disturbing to read all of that.

Friends last saw her on 16th and she was found badly decomposed, so that her race was not even recognisable, only 5 days later. I didn't know that process was so fast. I am glad they id'd her anyway. Had she been reported missing?

The Southeast US has been having a heatwave the past 2 weeks or so. I don't know if you can access this link but here is a weather forecast from last week from Macon, GA area: Hotter days ahead, will feel like triple digits in Middle Georgia - 41NBC News | WMGT-DT

The above link is from June 19th. Quoting a little of the text there:
MACON, Georgia. (41NBC/WMGT) – Most towns in Middle Georgia had temperatures in the low 90’s Monday afternoon, including Macon which hit 93 degrees but felt more like 99 due to high humidity.
Unfortunately, temperatures are going to rise even higher, and it will feel even hotter Tuesday afternoon.
Based off Meteorologist Kristen Kennedy’s calculations for heat indices, using hourly forecast temperatures and dew points, it will feel more like triple digits in Middle Georgia.

I did not see a missing report for Donna anywhere :(

The Southeast US has been having a heatwave the past 2 weeks or so. I don't know if you can access this link but here is a weather forecast from last week from Macon, GA area: Hotter days ahead, will feel like triple digits in Middle Georgia - 41NBC News | WMGT-DT

I think there was to little time between missing (last spoke to friend 16th) and finding. If she was living alone and didn't had appointments that she missed...think it would take a while that somebody would have missed her.

TY it did load for me. Heatwave here in Uk also but nothing like those temps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back