GA - Marsha, Erin, & Chris Edwards, Murder/Suicide, Atlanta, 21 August 2019

Cobb County really needs to give an update. While I do not place any blame on him, the media is calling the dad an orthopedic surgeon and while that is technically true, that's not what he does.
A quick look into Healthgrades reviews and other sites, make it clear not everyone was happy with their treatment by him.
I don't know how familiar people are with "pain management" and worker's comp, but I worked in Marietta for 3 "pain doctor's".
People can get real nasty.
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone got angry enough to harm his family. I myself had my life threatened by an angry patient who didn't get the drugs they wanted.
Workman's comp also does it's own investigations on people who file a claim.
They have followed patients on vacation and filmed them frolicking in the ocean, when they would show up in our office in a wheelchair.
It's very uncomfortable when the doctor pulls out the video and confronts the patient with their fraudulent claims and dismisses them from the practice.
Yes, it is a plausible theory and I would like Cobb County to say for certain
it was a murder/suicide, not just an "apparent" suicide.
They have that information now, but they aren't coming forward to confirm or deny it.
That makes me think they are still investigating.
All MOO.

Cobb County really needs to give an update. While I do not place any blame on him, the media is calling the dad an orthopedic surgeon and while that is technically true, that's not what he does.
A quick look into Healthgrades reviews and other sites, make it clear not everyone was happy with their treatment by him.
I don't know how familiar people are with "pain management" and worker's comp, but I worked in Marietta for 3 "pain doctor's".
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone got angry enough to harm his family. I myself had my life threatened by an angry patient who didn't get the drugs they wanted.
They have followed patients on vacation and filmed them frolicking in the ocean, when they would show up in our office in a wheelchair.
It's very uncomfortable when the doctor pulls out the video and confronts the patient with their fraudulent claims and dismisses them from the practice.
They have that information now, but they aren't coming forward to confirm or deny it.
All MOO.
ETA:
The fact that the mom had all of their vacation locations on her Facebook page would make it easy for someone wanting to get revenge to know when the family was back in town.

Imo, I do believe this case will turnout just like LE suspects, and it was a double homicide/suicide.

No one is immune from doing these things just because they are prominently known or had sucessful lives.

Imo, I believe this woman felt she was alone, and nacisstically highly resented it.

Everyone in her life was moving on without her.. She was not.

Another poster mentioned this woman's own business. Which is a great question. Imo.

There may be something going on there she may not have wanted revealed if still alive. So I do hope LE does fully investigate her own business to see if something was happening there as well she may not have wanted her children to know about.

Her children were highly successful adults moving on with their own lives, and so had her ex husband who had remarried.

I don't find anything off with the preliminary finding. Even after further investigation the findings will remain the same. Imo.

What I find even odder if it was their father who had committed cold blooded murder of his two children then taken the cowardly way out it wouldnt even be questioned.

Yet, we have seen countless cases right here, and on the news where mothers have brutally murdered their very own children.

Jmho
Personally I don’t think we have been given any sufficient detail to make a decision one way or another. There is literally no information forthcoming as of yet. And that is ok because the experts, the Police investigation team , are the only people at this time who need to know that information. I have read a couple of your posts now whereby you have come across very strong in your assertion that you believe it to be murder suicide and that you don’t believe this scenario will subsequently change. You also give reasons why you believe that this lady is responsible. As always, websleuths is a forum where we can all collectively and respectfully give our own opinions and I certainly respect your opinion. But I do slightly get concerned that the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise is being overlooked here and it could yet be that the mother is not responsible and the initial announcement of murder suicide is incorrect and then we are victim shaming. Because I have read many posts of yours, I know that you do not do that ever ! All I want to point out is that until we know more, let’s maybe consider what we write because once it’s out there, it can’t be taken back and the family may read this. Also, there is a famous case of the SHERMANS in Canada that was initially called a murder suicide for a couple of weeks and the male of the two was vilified for killing his wife in a cowardly manner. However, it transpired that the initial conclusion was very wrong and it was a double murder and NOT a murder suicide. I’m not saying that this is the case here, I don’t know. And you are entitled to express your opinion as you have done , as always in a respectful manner but I want to voice mine too and IMOO we do not yet know enough or in fact anything yet in order to condemn the mother as guilty of this act at this point in time. You are very possibly correct in your assertion and only time will tell and I apologise in advance if that is the case but it just doesn’t sit right with me atm to say categorically that the mother did this and to call her out for feeling alone and highly narcissistic. MOO and with utmost respect.

All MOO.
This ... excellent thank you

Jeremy Pettit, an expert in depression, anxiety and suicidal behavior at Florida International University, told el Nuevo Herald that murder-suicides are primarily a societal and public health problem, not a policing or criminal one. However, there is little research on the subject, he said.

"Until we make mental health and suicide prevention a priority on local, state, and national levels, suicide rates and murder-suicides will likely continue to increase as they have over the last 15 years," he added.

Pettit said there are many reasons why someone commits suicide after killing another person, but added that in most cases, the decision to take his own life precedes the murder.

Citing the American psychologist Thomas Joiner, Pettit explained that murder and suicide come from from distorted beliefs about mercy, justice, and duty, among other virtues.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article213825344.html

No matter how many suicides, each suicide has me asking why. This is not only being called a suicide, but the murder of two fantastic adult children. They had so much to offer the world. Why, why, why?!!

Many people are expressing feeling sick to their stomachs trying to believe it. It's not easy to accept.

MOO, it seems like there's not much history mentioned or past pics of ex/Dad or them as a family unit. I'm real curious about the timing of the divorce and if he's moved on with someone else which may have caused resentment.

Marsha's fb is full of constant pics of travels, awards, and events with loving family and friends. It's a wonder she ever had time to feel alone because she had such a full social life and devoted children. If it's really true she planned and carried out this tragedy, then what in the world happened to make her decide to do it???

Lots of questions remained unanswered Friday. Among them:

• Who requested the wellness check?

• When did the shootings take place?

• What kind of gun was used?

• Who is the registered owner of the gun?

• What evidence prompted authorities to classify the investigation as a double murder-suicide?

It could be weeks before autopsy and toxicology results shed light on those and other questions.
Memorial service set for children, mother killed in Vinings apparent murder-suicide

Isn't it unusual to create a memorial fund for the person suspected of murder?
Memorial funds established for victims of Vinings murder-suicide
In memory of Marsha M. Edwards, the family has established a fund at the Morehouse School of Medicine’s Satcher Health Leadership Institute in The Kennedy-Satcher Center for Mental Health Equity.

Donations can be mailed to: Morehouse School of Medicine, Office of Institutional Advancement, 720 Westview Drive, S.W., Atlanta, GA, 30313 or made online at this link.

Scholarships and memorial funds set up for Edwards family members killed in alleged murder-suicide

Can you please summarise the article as my access is denied x

Neighbors and community members are in shock: One neighbor called it "unbelievable." Another said the neighborhood was "devastated." More grief poured in from the Atlanta Mayor's Office to WNBC in New York to Boston University to the NABJ community across the country, as those who knew the family struggle to make sense of the tragedy.

Edwards family tragedy: Everything you need to know

ETA - The article has the wrong title, IMO. I need to know a heck of a lot more and so do neighbors, friends, and the community.

Last edited:
“Evidence at the scene indicated that the two victims were deceased due to gunshot wounds. The suspect was also deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound,” Melton said.

The suspect and victims are believed to be the ex-wife and children of Dr. Christopher Edwards, an Atlanta-based orthopedic surgeon who is also chairman of the Board of Commissioners for Atlanta Housing, the city of Atlanta’s housing authority.
Vinings trio's deaths apparent murder-suicide, police say

**i imagine the site where the gunshot entered indicated the mother was the one who shot the other two and committed suicide.

Can anyone find an obituary for either of the kids.
With all of their accomplishments, I have only seen a one sentence obit.

Also, if this mother killed her children, why is there a memorial fund?
Who memorializes murderers?
I see the money will go to "mental health".

I don't like the vibe I'm getting here with how the children are being remembered.
It feels like all of their accomplishments are being stripped from them.
Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back