GA - Mary & Elwyn Crocker Jr, both 14, starved, beaten & buried, Effingham Cnty, 20 Dec 2018 Arrests

cybervampira

Reaction score
2 bodies found buried at Effingham Co. home, suspected to be missing children

The Effingham County Sheriff's Office said they're now looking into the deaths of two suspected missing children after a "gruesome discovery" on Thursday.

A release from the sheriff's office said deputies went to the 400 block of Rosebud Place just after 10 p.m. Wednesday after getting a tip that 14-year-old Mary Crocker was missing and feared dead.

That girl reportedly hadn't been seen "in weeks." Family members in the house told deputies that the teenager "had gone to live with her mother," and investigators determined they were being given conflicting information.

According to the release, information that 49-year-old Elwyn Crocker gave to deputies gave them probable cause to search the property -- that's when investigators found two bodies buried in the yard.

The sheriff's office said they believe the bodies to be the 14-year-old girl and her 14-year-old brother Elwyn Crocker, Jr.

Mary reportedly hadn't been seen since October of this year, but her brother hadn't been seen since November 2016.

Deputies said no one ever filed a missing persons report for either either child. According to the release, an autopsy will officially determine their identities.

Investigators said they another child was found at the house and taken to a local hospital.

The children's father, Elwyn Crocker, is reportedly charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree.

The children's step-mother, 33-year-old Candice Crocker, as well as their step-grandmother, 50-year-old Kim Wright, have both also been charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree, the release said.

upload_2018-12-21_1-37-24.png

WTOC Cyreia Sandlin

BREAKING OUT OF EFFINGHAM COUNTY - TWO TEENAGERS FOUND DEAD, PARENTS IN CUSTODY.

WHAT WE KNOW: 14-year-old Mary Crocker and her brother, 14-yearold Elwyn Crocker Jr, were found buried just outside the woodbine of Rosebud Place today. Mary Crocker had not been seen since October 2018 and her brother Elwyn Crocker Jr, had not been seen since November 2016. NEITHER CHILD EVER HAD AN OFFICIAL MISSING REPORT FILED!

IN CUSTODY: 49 year-old Elwyn CROCKER (biological father) is charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree. 33 year-old Candice CROCKER (Step-Mother) is charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree.50 year-old Kim Wright (Step-Grandmother) is charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree. Both are pictured below.

upload_2018-12-21_1-40-33.jpegupload_2018-12-21_1-40-20.jpeg

MORE INFO --->Death investigation underway in Effingham County

Bodies of 2 children found buried behind house in Effingham; family members arrested

A child welfare check led Effingham County sheriff’s deputies to discover the bodies of two children buried behind a house in the Guyton area Thursday.

“I’ve been doing this 41 years and a while ago I almost broke down in tears,” said Sheriff Jimmy McDuffie. “It’s that bad. I just, I cannot understand how you do children like this. It’s horrible.”

[...]

Last year, the girl went to the school where I teach. She left our school to go to another in the county, but eventually was unenrolled to be "home schooled."
They live 4 doors down from one of my best friends. This is completely horrendous. I hope they fry.

Last year, the girl went to the school where I teach. She left our school to go to another in the county, but eventually was unenrolled to be "home schooled."
They live 4 doors down from one of my best friends. This is completely horrendous. I hope they fry.

I always worried when children, especially those from questionable home situations, such as excessive absences, etc, suddenly left school to be "home schooled." The Hart children come to mind as a prime example. I wish there was a system in place to monitor that children are really being educated at home, but that would cost money...

2 Georgia teens found buried in backyard; 3 adults arrested

c1c39e99-Candice-Elwyn-Crocker-and-Kim-Wright.jpg

33-year-old Candice Crocker (left), 33, Elwyn Crocker (center), 49, and Kim Wright, 50 were charged with concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree Thursday after police found two bodies in their backyard.

Mary-and-Elwyn-Crocker-.jpg

Mary Crocker, 14 (left), and her brother Elwyn Jr. (right) who was 14 when he vanished in November 2016.

Friday, investigators arrested a fourth suspect. Wright’s boyfriend, 55-year-old Roy Anthony Prater, has been charged with concealing the death of another, cruelty to children in the first degree, and possession of a scheduled or controlled substance. All four of the suspects have had their first appearance and were denied bond.

4 arrested after missing siblings found dead in Effingham County, GA

Above link updated.

December 20, 2018 at 1:17 PM EST - Updated December 21 at 9:37 PM

“This guy, the biological father, was a Santa Claus at Rincon Walmart, and these other families who live out here had their kids in his lap," said neighbor, Ronald Howe.

Here's link to Effingham County GA booking desk. No bond for any of them.

Jail Management
Thanks for the link! Ugh, another case of missing kid(s) "gone to live with X," missing kid(s) pulled from public school to be "homeschooled." I put that in quotes because I do understand that the majority of parents who homeschool are responsible, caring people. I guess there are too many to require a yearly "eyes on" visit from the state but there must be some way to insure the kids are safe and healthy.

So we have a homeless mother, step-grandma and her b/f using drugs and two parents most likely also using drugs. What a house of horrors Elwyn and Mary must have lived in! MOO.
Authorities have not yet released the bodies, and they're still determining who to release them to. According to Exley, authorities are still trying to make contact with the children's biological mother.
Coroner: Bodies positively ID'd as Effingham County teens, cause of death pending
Autopsies are complete but pending until lab and tox results are in. Once everything's in I'm sure we'll see the case go to the Grand Jury and IMO we'll see some murder indictments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back