Found Deceased GA - Melanie Steele, 24, car found abandoned, Savannah, 13 Sep 2019 *arrest*

When I joined several years ago, initially, I tried to join privately in google incognito mode and apparently that was not acceptable. My IP address had to be visible to WS and I believe they stated as much. I then reached out by email during the week. (I think I joined during a long holiday weekend) They did receive my email, replied & approved my submission. I was not requesting verified insider status, however. I do hear that can take some time, if it is approved.

Welcome @Ariel554
Glad to have some new movement in this thread about Melanie.
I know a lot was going on with authorities and even FBI was taking a look. Then silence.
I want to Scream for Melanie and her mom.
What is going on? Where is Melanie?
I know her father was in here posting as well.
I am so outraged at no update because I just feel somebody in her last seen area KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MELANIE DISAPPEARING.

I do know there are people here on the thread who gave it their all to put even maps together and to try and help.
Then WE ALL HIT A BRICK WALL.
I hope the verification process will be complete and Melanie's mom can enlighten us to the progress made on locating Melanie.
Praying for Miracles and answers.

I've heard information about a phone pinging it's last location if the location was turned off on the device if it was broken or powered off, so I'm not sure how accurate the last known ping would be and that might justify why they are searching in Savannah but I'm not sure how any of that works. I'm sure more advanced technology outside of what just a user could access would offer more information.
MSM states Melanie and her husband were staying at the motel 6 on Stephenson off of Abercorn and her car was found on the other end of abercorn in a notoriously shady area of Savannah; the musical group outkast often reflects upon it in their music. Different news sources have said the car was found at an apartment complex there, but not sure the validity of that statement. The mother makes mention of video surveillance. MSM has stated Melanie spoke to her mother at 1030 pm and the husband called Melanie's mother and said she was missing at 130am. In my opinion that's a very small time window to recognize someone has gone missing, but perhaps he was asleep. Imo maybe she wanted to score some drugs but it was too shady for the husband and Melanie persisted and went alone? I have looked into the criminal record and convictions of the husband on the county website where they are from and it is a bit concerning. I've seen no one mention his record on other social media posts and imo that is probably for the best, especially after seeing the posts from the mom that I found off too. I think, possibly this is why Melanie's mom is making odd requests? Imo if law enforcement thinks he knows where she is but they don't have enough to do anything, it would be best if he never felt like he was a suspect. Imo, he may not be one after all. Imo, this is a very interesting case, I hope this case doesn't fall through the cracks and I hope she is found safe.
As it turns out, LEO had the wrong phone number, therefore the ping did NOT ping in Carrollton. The husband has been cleared. Mel went to Savannah for a specific reason and it went bad. #FACT

I’m local.

Thunderbolt is a moderate to pricey, tiny part of metro Savannah. Mostly residential, with a sprinkling of hip restaurants, bars, yacht club, riverfront condos, etc. The “river” isn’t like rivers of other areas. Think ocean marshland. The Wilmington river is an inter-coastal waterway, separating Thunderbolt/Savannah from Whitemarsh Island, Wilmington Island & Tybee Island. It’s a tiny geographical micro-burb.
Multiple rivers throughout the coastal areas of Savannah are really brackish tidal flows throughout the “low country”. Kind of like the Everglades “river of grass” but less humid, less subtropical.

I cannot think of one single reason to trek out to Thunderbolt late on a Friday night/ wee hours of a Saturday morning. Not one. The two most hip-happening bar/burger joints out there are Tubby’s Tank House & The Wyld Dock Bar & Grill. Casual, little bit swanky, popular spots that are well-known enough to draw tourists away from Savannah’s famous River Street eats. These are the 2 most active draws to the neighborhood & both bars close 10-10:30 on both Friday & Saturday night. NOT party bars. This area is not known for drug deals or crime. Trulia reports 1 assault, 1 burglary & 3 theft reports in the last year.

There was a full moon Sept 14. So midnight-ish could have been very pretty along the waterfront there. Other than that, no reason Melanie Steele should go there at that hour, presumably from midtown Motel 6 to southside auto dealership section of Abercorn, to sleepy little waterfront Thunderbolt.
Where are you Melanie!?
Mel was supposed to meet with a specific person. That person changed the rules and directed her elsewhere. BUT..the first person IS involved. #RobberySetUp

Four men were seen driving her car right and showed up at the original persons house she was supposed to meet. Melanie was NOT in the car at that time. Two have been questioned, but they lawyered up. EVERYTHING goes back to the original person she was there to meet. HE set her up.

@Bubba Smith

In your opinion only.
Why would Melanie go by herself to meet maybe person #1 and not take her husband or someone with her.

And what in your opinion did # robberysetup, consist of in the possible Robbery. To rob Melanie of ?

Where is Melanie now do you feel she is alive?

Did she know something and was silenced? Deal gone bad?
Wrong place wrong time?
How long has Melanie known person #1.
In your opinion

@Bubba Smith

In your opinion only.
Why would Melanie go by herself to meet maybe person #1 and not take her husband or someone with her.

And what in your opinion did # robberysetup, consist of in the possible Robbery. To rob Melanie of ?

Where is Melanie now do you feel she is alive?

Did she know something and was silenced? Deal gone bad?
Wrong place wrong time?
How long has Melanie known person #1.
In your opinion
I can't say much on here. The FBI and Police ARE working on it.

If I understand the situtaion to be what I think it was about: Melanie knew better than to take someone unknown to the person she was meeting. It could spook them away and lose her connection to them. They just didnt play by the rules and she did- is what sounds like happened to me anyway. IMOO.

Where is her child? With her husband?
No link but in my opinion Melanie's mother has had her child, before Melanie went missing and JMO after Melanie went missing.
So thankful her child has had grandmother since Melanie has disappeared.

Moo I feel Melanie's case is full of foul play. Someone knows what happened on that tragic night.
Where is Melanie?
Bring Melanie home 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam