Identified! GA - Millen, AsianFem 113UFGA, 16-22, in suitcase in dumpster, Feb'88 - Chong Un Kim

Do you think the person who murdered this Jane Doe has murdered others? How she was disposed, wrapped in plastic and was in a duffle bag and was speculated that she was killed in one location then dumped in another completely different location doesn't seem like the actions of a first-time killer.
I wonder if the kind of duffle bag design was able to be tracked to specific places that sell them and could track the establishments and the people who bought them to be able to compose a list of people who had access to that specific duffle bag.

Do you think the person who murdered this Jane Doe has murdered others? How she was disposed, wrapped in plastic and was in a duffle bag and was speculated that she was killed in one location then dumped in another completely different location doesn't seem like the actions of a first-time killer.
I wonder if the kind of duffle bag design was able to be tracked to specific places that sell them and could track the establishments and the people who bought them to be able to compose a list of people who had access to that specific duffle bag.
I found something very strange, one site said that this Jane Doe could have been the victim of some of the serial killers active in the south at that time, specifically Larry De Wayne Hall. But it then said in the next paragraph that it wasn't a true possibility. Then a list of victims of Hall from Radford University stated that there was a woman found in Millen, Georgia on 02/14/1988 that was listed as a potential abductee.
113UFGA
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Hall, Larry DeWayne.pdf

Unidentified Remains: Jenkins County, Asian Female​

Case Info​

Date found: Sun, 02/14/1988 - 12:00
Race: Asian
Weight: 140
Height: 5' 5"
Eyes: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Sex: Female
Birth Range: Late teens
Contact Info: GBI Statesboro at 912-871-1121 or Jenkins County Sheriff's Office at 912-982-4211
On Sunday afternoon, February 14, 1988, the victim, wrapped with plastic and duct tape, was found inside a large, nylon suitcase that had been placed in a dumpster just north of Millen in Jenkins County. The victim had been dead approximately four to seven days. Cause of death was asphyxiation.

She had long, dark hair, and her upper teeth were crooked. Bedding items were found with the victim. Possibly of Asian or Asian/Caucasian descent

The Fall Line Podcast just released an episode about Jenkins County Jane Doe

In this updated, new, and compact version of our original telling of the case of an unidentified woman discovered in Jenkins County, Georgia, in February 1988, we release details that, prior to our GBI interview and visit in 2019, had never been shared with the public, discuss possible avenues to identification, and even a suspect who was named early on in the investigation.

She looks Latina to me in the first reconstruction but Vietnamese, Cambodian, or Laotian in the second. I'm not sure about the local history of Georgia, but they may have had an uptick of South East Asian refugees in the 80's. Personally, she's a spitting image of my Vietnamese friend when were in our late teens.

Hiromi Kazuni disappeared from Florida in 1986, carrying a large black duffle bag. (but was slightly older)

Yun Cha Dainiak was abducted in Texas a year earlier, and never seen again.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
1685926731598.png

Stacey Haunani Kelekoma disappeared from Hawaii, possibly spotted in L.A.
1685926520775.png

What an amazing identification. Even her ethnicity was never known with certainty before. I’m sure the genetic genealogy for an Asian woman probably wasn’t simple, based on other cases, unless perhaps family was looking for her.

The bedding found with her was made in Korea. She’s also a bit older than was thought.

What an amazing identification. Even her ethnicity was never known with certainty before. I’m sure the genetic genealogy for an Asian woman probably wasn’t simple, based on other cases, unless perhaps family was looking for her.

The bedding found with her was made in Korea. She’s also a bit older than was thought.
Just goes to show that we can't give up just because the case details look tough. Any case can solve. We need to work through them all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back