GA GA - Monica Bowie, 34, Dekalb County, 5 July 2007

Different info here:

"LaVergne Police Turn To Forensic Artist To Identify Remains"

Police in LaVergne hope a forensic artist at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville will be able to identify human remains found over three months ago.

A police officer found the remains, hidden under some brush just off Hollendale Road, while working on another investigation on November 14.

Investigators moved quickly, spending hours, some in pouring rain, scouring the crime scene for evidence.

The remains belong to a black female, said to be between the ages of 25 and 49. Investigators said she was brutally murdered.

“We know that she was struck with a sharp object in the skull four times in the...

Read here...they have jewelry!

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/...orensic-artist-to-identify-remains/136362.htm

bilde.jpg
0777111218_missingwomen070707.jpg

I have just spoke with Dekalb County homocide that we spoke with at the canvass. They are going to look into this.

SALEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad they are going to check it out! Was LE willing to give a description of the jewelry or are they hanging onto that info?

Please let us know if you hear anything.

Prayers to all,

Salem

Any word yet? I wish they would let us know.

Salem

Believe and I have been communicating with mom and LE in Pittsburg..something's wrong with DNA, dont' know the story, just that they need another kit :confused:

We are getting that situated.

Also, trying to be sure Pitts LE has info on possible match...haven't heard a word from Det's here in Atlanta...Believe is going to follow up on this for us too.

Thanks believe, for everything!:blowkiss:

k-all kinds of stuff going on-LE is going to contact Monica's mom and sister about using a shortcut for the DNA testing provided it is acceptable with our DNA contact. In the meantime, LE will also contact La Vergne Tenn to get the process started on comparing the remains to Monica....

Finger's crossed!!!

k-all kinds of stuff going on-LE is going to contact Monica's mom and sister about using a shortcut for the DNA testing provided it is acceptable with our DNA contact. In the meantime, LE will also contact La Vergne Tenn to get the process started on comparing the remains to Monica....

Finger's crossed!!!

I'm curious if ATL PD ever worked on this UID...also, if the UID has been ID'd or not.....I impatiently wait for your call/post.

Believe and Christine - you guys are awesome for making this happen and supporting Monica's family.

I'm crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms and saying bunches and bunches of prayers for all involved!

Salem

Just talked with Believe, she is working diligently on this today for us..the UID in TN has NOT been Id'd..they were 'excited' about the info....apparantley ATL PD never made the calls... :(

I'll let Believe fill in all the details.

I just sent off a case summary and all of the contact info to LE in Pittsburgh-I spoke with Monica's mom, and she was energized at the thought that we could by pass waiting for the kit...OK, everyone prayers, fingers crossed, whatever!!!!

And yes, TN PD seemed quite interested in Monica's case and how it compared with their Jane Doe. The Det in charge of it will be in tomm, IIRC, so we will see as the days unfold what the chances are of a match. I did NOT mention the UID to Monica's mom-might as well let LE settle it first, hmm??

Thank you Believe. I agree about waiting for LE to mention it to Monica's mom first. It would be painful for her to get her hopes up to have them dashed or (I can't find the words here, so I'll let you guys fill in the blanks). I'm so glad they are going to find a quicker way around the DNA issue.

And more than anything - I am so glad you are talking with Monica's mom and offering her support. I have always felt so bad about Monica. It seemed she was a good daughter that just got caught up in something that spun out of control.

Prayers to Monica and her family and blessings to you Believe and Christine for all your hard work on this case.

Salem

Thank you Believe. I agree about waiting for LE to mention it to Monica's mom first. It would be painful for her to get her hopes up to have them dashed or (I can't find the words here, so I'll let you guys fill in the blanks). I'm so glad they are going to find a quicker way around the DNA issue.

And more than anything - I am so glad you are talking with Monica's mom and offering her support. I have always felt so bad about Monica. It seemed she was a good daughter that just got caught up in something that spun out of control.

Prayers to Monica and her family and blessings to you Believe and Christine for all your hard work on this case.

Salem

Thank you, but it is all of you that have done the hard work, and kept this case alive for the family. I spent a very small percentage of time vs the rest of you, so do some yoga breaths and hopefully we can all tell Monica in our hearts that she will be coming home soon and justice will be done...

HUGS

Regarding the La Vergne TN body:

Monica had braces on her teeth and the body has none, so in spite of the significant resemblance, it is not her. In a way I am grateful, because the poor woman whose body it is suffered terribly at the hands of her killers. Also the detective in charge of Monica's case contacted TN PD in November when the body was found, and had already ruled it out before we even got to it...good stuff.

There is a set of UID female remains found under the Oconee River bridge at the cross of I85 and Georgia 98 in Jackson County. There is very little information regarding specifics on this body, other than it is in the hands of GBI as of 4/25/2008. Monica's detective said he would call GBI today to see if the body had braces on her teeth.

http://www.mainstreetnews.com/2008/04:23:08/J0423A.html

I will let you know if I hear anything!!!

Thank you Believe for the update! I am hoping that Monica will be found alive, but I know that is not probable.

I think we have a thread on the I85/95 finding. I'll see if I can find it and link it here.

Prayers to Monica and her family,

Salem

Here's the link to the unidentified at I85/95: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63977

Good afternoon, all! The DeKalb County DA's office has closed Monica's case for the time being. LE may have closed it, but it will never be closed here at WS or in our hearts until Monica is brought home to her family and friends!!! Please continue to be on alert for UID's around Atlanta and it's vicinity-you never know when it could be this strong, intelligent wonderful woman...

Peace to you...and prayers on behalf of Monica and her family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back