GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true Honesty. Once someone is an adult, you have nothing to say about anything as a parent. Things have to change, but there are all of those issues out there people talk about in terms of rights. Something must be done!

I couldn't agree more, honesty. I've seen my own friend go through so much of the same. Her son isn't yet 18, but she is very fearful for what will happen when he is.

My own guess why LE and/or MSM isn't releasing the documents: to protect the victims. There may be information showing that they were behind Publix for perhaps not the most perfectly pure of reasons (as all of us who were ever teenagers understand well), and there's no sense casting aspersions on two young people who are 100% dead. If that's their motivation, I support not linking to or putting up pics of the documents.

It's so sad. I was just there at the spot. My heart just stopped..... It's near the entrance of the back where it happened and near the high school entrance. Not far behind the shopping center. Almost near the Main Street. There's also a little clearing where it looks like kids might go to hang out or something like that. It's really not too odd of a place to meet up if you're a teen looking to not get caught in the middle of the night or going to meet after school. They probably met there often and other teens probably meet there - it looks like it might be a "regular meeting spot" if that makes sense....

It's so close to the high school that there is a sign stating "no parking for Roswell High...." I don't think this was a random place to meet. I think it's probably common.

I struggle to post this, as this case just hits home for me. I have a son who suffers with schizophrenia, bipolar, and personality disorders. As a parent to a man who suffers with these issues I can't put into words how much pain these issues bring on to those who love and care for people who suffer.

My son, when medicated properly is the most loving, caring young man. He looks good and is a pleasure to be around. However...

When he gets it in his head to stop taking his medications he goes into a downward spiral. He doesn't sleep, his weight drops, his appearance is disheveled as is his mental state of mind.

It becomes a constant struggle to ensure he has no knives or guns in his possession. (They have ways of getting these things)

Not long ago he had a episode where he became suicidal and homicidal. This episode lead to him going to jail for the night and two felony charges. I tried to explain he was off his medication and mentally ill and he needed to be in a mental health facility, not jail where he would learn how to be a better criminal however the state picked up the charges and now we're dealing with that situation. The following day while he was still in a 24 hour lock down in jail I secured a court order for him to go to a mantal health ward.

He was transfered from the jail to the hospital, even with a court order he was able to check out of the hospital because he is over 18. I still have not received a honest and straight answer of how he could do this when I have a court order. I point this out to show that no matter what steps I've taken to try and keep a horrific situation from happening like we see here, it is a struggle as a parent due to loopholes. I've cried myself to sleep many nights in my child's life and prayed a lot of prayers.

When someone struggles with severe mental illness it is a minute by minute struggle to try and keep them well enough to function without tragedy and destruction. That struggle is even harder when they are not in your home and you cannot keep them there because of their age they can freely choose where to be. In my sons case he is with a family I would prefer him not to be with as they have their own issues and in my opinion he's declined even more since being with them. However my hands are tied as to what I can do, but I still advocate for him daily in any way I can.

I am making this post to point out that even if a family, parent or caregiver is doing everything they can, it's sometimes not enough or near impossible to keep things from happening. I'm sure his grandparents are really uncomfortable right now and are probably questioning what they could have done better or different, feeling guilt and at the same time mourning for all involved parties.

Drugs may or may not play a factor in this, but it's entirely possible they have no part in it. At this point we've not been told what the killer has, if he has at all, said to authorities concerning his "why". Having been around mental illness we have no idea what he perceived as real in the moments leading up to, during and post the commission of his crimes.

While I believe there should be a heavy punishment for his actions there should also be a huge amount of mental health services given to him. I'm not excusing what he has done please do not think that, but at the same time please try to understand and learn more about what lead him to act in such a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If that is the case here with JH, he won't be getting any mental health treatment. Even the most proactive prisoners are lucky to get regularly prescribed medication. While in jail, he'll get nothing. The US does little to shrink it's huge recidivism rates and offers no real avenue for rehabilitation and therapy. For a first world nation, our prison system is very third world.

I couldn't agree more, honesty. I've seen my own friend go through so much of the same. Her son isn't yet 18, but she is very fearful for what will happen when he is.

My own guess why LE and/or MSM isn't releasing the documents: to protect the victims. There may be information showing that they were behind Publix for perhaps not the most perfectly pure of reasons (as all of us who were ever teenagers understand well), and there's no sense casting aspersions on two young people who are 100% dead. If that's their motivation, I support not linking to or putting up pics of the documents.

Yes, at this point, I think this makes the most sense. LE probably had text communication b/t the teenagers and knew from the beginning they did not go there with intentions of meeting up with JH. And then the video surveillance at Publix would likely confirm that......why the police said Hazelwood followed them behind the Publix. Noone but JH will every actually know what happened behind the building....

So sad for all the families involved.

Does anyone know the curfew age for Fulton County? In Cherokee after age 17 there's no curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its ok I was just clarifying.

Idk about GA but in CA one does not "get off" on insanity. They are sent to the state hospital (which is just like prison) and medicated until they are able to assist in their defense and then returned to their county of offense. Sometimes they then refuse their meds and become incompetent again. They are carted off back to the state hospital and rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

I wasn't saying that you did! Sorry if it seemed that way! I said that because people were saying insanity defense as if that defense would help him "win" in court. I was just saying that he may be crazy but it doesn't change my opinion on him be locked up forever!

I worked in two jails and inmates surely did get their meds. Took a few days but if they gave their doctor's info t was verified and they were treated.

If that is the case here with JH, he won't be getting any mental health treatment. Even the most proactive prisoners are lucky to get regularly prescribed medication. While in jail, he'll get nothing. The US does little to shrink it's huge recidivism rates and offers no real avenue for rehabilitation and therapy. For a first world nation, our prison system is very third world.

I worked in two jails and inmates surely did get their meds. Took a few days but if they gave their doctor's info t was verified and they were treated.

I also worked PRN at jails in FL, and everyone gets their prescribed meds, mostly because the jails fear lawsuits, IMO.

Where did the killer get the gun and when did he acquire it?

I struggle to post this, as this case just hits home for me. I have a son who suffers with schizophrenia, bipolar, and personality disorders. As a parent to a man who suffers with these issues I can't put into words how much pain these issues bring on to those who love and care for people who suffer.

My son, when medicated properly is the most loving, caring young man. He looks good and is a pleasure to be around. However...

When he gets it in his head to stop taking his medications he goes into a downward spiral. He doesn't sleep, his weight drops, his appearance is disheveled as is his mental state of mind.

It becomes a constant struggle to ensure he has no knives or guns in his possession. (They have ways of getting these things)

Not long ago he had a episode where he became suicidal and homicidal. This episode lead to him going to jail for the night and two felony charges. I tried to explain he was off his medication and mentally ill and he needed to be in a mental health facility, not jail where he would learn how to be a better criminal however the state picked up the charges and now we're dealing with that situation. The following day while he was still in a 24 hour lock down in jail I secured a court order for him to go to a mantal health ward.

He was transfered from the jail to the hospital, even with a court order he was able to check out of the hospital because he is over 18. I still have not received a honest and straight answer of how he could do this when I have a court order. I point this out to show that no matter what steps I've taken to try and keep a horrific situation from happening like we see here, it is a struggle as a parent due to loopholes. I've cried myself to sleep many nights in my child's life and prayed a lot of prayers.

When someone struggles with severe mental illness it is a minute by minute struggle to try and keep them well enough to function without tragedy and destruction. That struggle is even harder when they are not in your home and you cannot keep them there because of their age they can freely choose where to be. In my sons case he is with a family I would prefer him not to be with as they have their own issues and in my opinion he's declined even more since being with them. However my hands are tied as to what I can do, but I still advocate for him daily in any way I can.

I am making this post to point out that even if a family, parent or caregiver is doing everything they can, it's sometimes not enough or near impossible to keep things from happening. I'm sure his grandparents are really uncomfortable right now and are probably questioning what they could have done better or different, feeling guilt and at the same time mourning for all involved parties.

Drugs may or may not play a factor in this, but it's entirely possible they have no part in it. At this point we've not been told what the killer has, if he has at all, said to authorities concerning his "why". Having been around mental illness we have no idea what he perceived as real in the moments leading up to, during and post the commission of his crimes.

While I believe there should be a heavy punishment for his actions there should also be a huge amount of mental health services given to him. I'm not excusing what he has done please do not think that, but at the same time please try to understand and learn more about what lead him to act in such a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

((((honesty)))) I had a friend with schizophrenia when I was out of high school. We adored his family and our amazing group of co-workers encouraged and helped our friend. We would often explain to the Boston police, when they were called, just what was wrong and try to calm our friend and have him go for treatment when he stopped his meds. It's a very hard situation for family and friends. Wishing you and your family the best. One of our group became a psychiatrist and has done a lot of work with schizophrenia. (Sorry for the OT).

I work as a CO and inmates get medication daily as well as see a Dr or nurse anytime they put in a request too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I work as a CO and inmates get medication daily as well as see a Dr or nurse anytime they put in a request too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I know in prisons inmates receive their prescribed meds, but before sentencing while in jail many go without mostly due to beauracracy. Somebody else said inmates see a doctor any time they request to and if that's true at that facility that is unusual. Eventually they may see somebody but it's not timely. They don't have access to one on one therapy and I think many would benefit from that.

I'm not attacking anybody like yourself who works in that system, you don't make the rules. As with any profession there are good and bad employees. Also, I couldn't work in a prison or jail so I'm thankful you can. There are a lot of mean nasty prisoners that would try anybody's patience....like I said I couldn't do it.

That said, our prisons' dysfunction is systemic and well documented. The US has a major problem with locking people up. We also incarcerate more youths than any other country. Those youths usually remain in the criminal justice system for life. I don't know the answers but I know that running prisons for profit is a bad idea and I believe we need to recognize our system is fundamentally flawed. Crime rates alone demonstrate this.

I agree w you the system isn't perfect, but both facilities I worked in were county jails, not prisons. One county economically disadvantaged, one flush w funding. They both got their meds within a few days.

I also worked in a prison, the inmates there complained sick call took long (up to a week) but I'm unsure because I didn't work on the custody side, I worked on the facilities side so I did work w inmates but not w the medical staff and stuff like that.

I know in prisons inmates receive their prescribed meds, but before sentencing while in jail many go without mostly due to beauracracy. Somebody else said inmates see a doctor any time they request to and if that's true at that facility that is unusual. Eventually they may see somebody but it's not timely. They don't have access to one on one therapy and I think many would benefit from that.

I'm not attacking anybody like yourself who works in that system, you don't make the rules. As with any profession there are good and bad employees. Also, I couldn't work in a prison or jail so I'm thankful you can. There are a lot of mean nasty prisoners that would try anybody's patience....like I said I couldn't do it.

That said, our prisons' dysfunction is systemic and well documented. The US has a major problem with locking people up. We also incarcerate more youths than any other country. Those youths usually remain in the criminal justice system for life. I don't know the answers but I know that running prisons for profit is a bad idea and I believe we need to recognize our system is fundamentally flawed. Crime rates alone demonstrate this.

I agree w you the system isn't perfect, but both facilities I worked in were county jails, not prisons. One county economically disadvantaged, one flush w funding. They both got their meds within a few days.

I also worked in a prison, the inmates there complained sick call took long (up to a week) but I'm unsure because I didn't work on the custody side, I worked on the facilities side so I did work w inmates but not w the medical staff and stuff like that.
I agree. If someone breaks the law we shouldn't lock them up to protect law abiding citizens or to teach them a lesson. As far as locking up youth, lets just let them do what they want with no consequences. That should systematically work.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I think next to Natalie's name in the possible offender blank it said XGB
Not that Davis is Natalie's ex
That the possible offender is Natalie's ex

Maybe carter and Natalie were having to hide their relationship from everyone because of the ex and that's why friends said they were just hanging out bit didn't think they were boyfriend and girlfriend

Well, I guess it would be helpful to know how, exactly, "XBG" translates to: "Offender is the Ex-Boyfriend of Henderson." I would think that it's an acronym, and that each letter represents a word: "XBG" = EX-Boyfriend of the Girl?

Oh heck, I'm sure that's not it! I've got the letters transposed. It should be "XGB." But I haven't seen the police report. Maybe that would explain it. (So, instead of typing this, I should be trying to find out myself.)

But I've gotten lazy, relying on my fellow Sleuthers who are just too fast and too good!
(I'm changing my Websleuths Name to: "Slothful Sleuth.")

Well, I guess it would be helpful to know how, exactly, "XBG" translates to: "Offender is the Ex-Boyfriend of Henderson." I would think that it's an acronym, and that each letter represents a word: "XBG" = EX-Boyfriend of the Girl?

Oh heck, I'm sure that's not it! I've got the letters transposed. It should be "XGB." But I haven't seen the police report. Maybe that would explain it. (So, instead of typing this, I should be trying to find out myself.)

But I've gotten lazy, relying on my fellow Sleuthers who are just too fast and too good!
(I'm changing my Websleuths Name to: "Slothful Sleuth.")
XBG means ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, according to this explanation:
http://www.kptv.com/story/32587309/...-roswell-publix-killers-sought?autostart=true
The police report put together by the first responding officer indicates Natalie Henderson's relationship to the offender as XBG, which means ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. Carter's relationship to offender is listed as UN, or unknown. Frommer clarified that XBG is an option in the reporting system for officers to indicate what the possible relationship is. He said based on what officers saw at the scene, it appeared to be a relationship-involved situation but added that information can change as police gather more evidence and details.

Respectfully disagree. I grew up in Atlanta and was really into punk rock. At the time, shows started at midnight. STARTED. I was a straight A student, went to college on a full academic scholarship. LOTS of reasons Atlanta kids are out late that have nothing to do with drugs, sex, or other crimes. It's a different scene, esp in the wealthy suburbs. I didn't even have a curfew b/c I didn't do anything "wrong" that would concern my parents.

But didn't your parents know that you'd be out into the wee hours of the morning, and why you would be out so late? When the parents of the victims were contacted by LE, they stated they thought these kids were at home, asleep in their own beds!

[EBB = Edited By me for Brevity]

How, exactly does "XBG" translate to: "Offender is the Ex-Boyfriend of Henderson". I would think that it's an acronym, and that each letter represents a word. (So, instead of typing this, I should be trying to find out myself. But I've gotten lazy, relying on my fellow Sleuthers who are just too fast and too good!)

XBG means ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, according to this explanation:
http://www.kptv.com/story/32587309/...-roswell-publix-killers-sought?autostart=true
The police report put together by the first responding officer indicates Natalie Henderson's relationship to the offender as XBG, which means ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. Carter's relationship to offender is listed as UN, or unknown. Frommer clarified that XBG is an option in the reporting system for officers to indicate what the possible relationship is. He said based on what officers saw at the scene, it appeared to be a relationship-involved situation but added that information can change as police gather more evidence and details.
Well, S.S. Floridian, you have certainly clued me in! Thank you very much, I do appreciate your efforts. It would have taken me hours to find this information myself. Thanks again!
Yours truly, "Slothful Sleuth"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members