Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

I am thinking the same thing Carl. How many times don't they list important details and we automatically rule them out?? More often then not. I think the circumstances between Billie and the UID seem similar also...

I think I might resubmit. I came across this UID in Namus and Bille Jean was the first person I thought of..

Christine I'm a little confused about the hair color, some reports state UID's hair color as brown with blonde highlights, while others state: strawberry blonde/blonde. As I am looking at the reconstruction photos, it's obvious the artist evaluated her hair color as blonde.

And here's the NamUS description:

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing On Body: WEARING BLUE JEANS AND GREY T-SHIRT Head Hair: Blond/Strawberry Eye Color: Blue

How is hair color assessed? Do authorities go by the medical examiners description, or do they actually pass the hair through light to measure its refraction and then label it according to a color chart?

It all seems so arbitrary...

Also, I was noticing many of the missing persons have their hair color stated as "brown" when they're a dirty blonde, or even "blonde" when their hair is medium brown.

My hair is dark brown (looks very auburn in the sun), but I have had friends describe my hair as "black". My hair is definitely NOT black, but I wonder now how my hair color would be described if I ended up in a coma on the side of a road somewhere.

I thought the same thing. My hair appears dark brown but when light shines on it the red definetely comes out. I would say my hair is reddish brown, others who have not seen it without light shining on it dark brown. When I have tried to lighten it in the past my hair turns bright red, and thus people assume I am a red head. My great aunt always says I have the most beautiful copper hair, she is the only one that has described my hair as it is. My mom has very light brown hair which I would describe as blonde but family friends say she is a natural brunette. I've seen baby pictures, toddler, grade school picture, high scool pictures, etc and my mom has always appeared to be a blonde to me.

I just received an email back from the case manager that is listed for this UID on the Namus Site. Here was his response:

The best course of action is to contact the Appling County Coroners Office at 912-367-8112. They are the ones who, in effect, “own” this case. My name is on as Case Manager because we had no one in the system from that area. If they are not part of NamUs they can easily register in order to view all aspects of the case.

I emailed him back to see if Appling Corners Office has an email, since I am a chicken at making calls. I am waiting to hear back.

Unless some like CARL feels comfortable at calling this one in?????

I went to email the Appling County Corners office today about the UID to compare to Billie Jean Hall and the UID's case has disappered from NAMUS. (It was just on there last Thursday) I emailed the guy that was listed as the Case Manager of the case to see if she was Identified. I am waiting to hear back. BTW, Bille Jean Hall's case is still on NAMUS...

I hope they identified her too..

I emailed the Case Manager again to see if he knew if the UID was identified because the case was off of NamUs and here was his response:

Not sure, doesn’t show for me either. I can do some research on it but it probably won’t be til next week sometime. Unfortunately, NamUs-UP stuff is only one of the things I do. As soon as I can find out something I’ll let you know.

I received this email last Friday, the 18th, so hopefully we will hear something either way this week.

Okay I live in the local area where the UID was found so this case has always intrigued me. First off, I believe Billie Jean Hall would be a strong match, and I base this both on looks and timing but also on geography.

Hall was described as going to Daytona beach from Maryland for weeks, and then her camper was found in Louisiana. Okay, Baker County is in the southwest corner of Georgia. I-10 runs through North Florida out to California, and goes through Louisiana. It's possible she rode on I-10, was thrown out of her own camper, and then tried hitchhiking back to Maryland. I-10 goes through a town called Marianna, Florida, and she could have gone north to Malone, Florida and then took GA Hwy 91 through Georgia with a truck driver. This part of Georgia is extremely rural, and also predominately black. There aren't a lot of whites in this particular area, especially transients. Albany is the largest town in this area, and has connecting highways such as Hwy 19 and I-75.

She was probably killed while hitchhiking with a truck driver headed to Albany, to catch a national route. There are a lot of truckers who stay on 91. This happens a lot unfortunately...

Okay I live in the local area where the UID was found so this case has always intrigued me. First off, I believe Billie Jean Hall would be a strong match, and I base this both on looks and timing but also on geography.

Hall was described as going to Daytona beach from Maryland for weeks, and then her camper was found in Louisiana. Okay, Baker County is in the southwest corner of Georgia. I-10 runs through North Florida out to California, and goes through Louisiana. It's possible she rode on I-10, was thrown out of her own camper, and then tried hitchhiking back to Maryland. I-10 goes through a town called Marianna, Florida, and she could have gone north to Malone, Florida and then took GA Hwy 91 through Georgia with a truck driver. This part of Georgia is extremely rural, and also predominately black. There aren't a lot of whites in this particular area, especially transients. Albany is the largest town in this area, and has connecting highways such as Hwy 19 and I-75.

She was probably killed while hitchhiking with a truck driver headed to Albany, to catch a national route. There are a lot of truckers who stay on 91. This happens a lot unfortunately...

:welcome: to Websleuths! Thank you so much for your input! :hug:

Here's more information on Billie Jean Hall:

hall_billie2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_billie.html

Thank you :)

I have always reviewed this thread, and thought it over. I just find it hard to believe this would NOT turn out to be Ms. Hall. Me speculating says, she probably partied for longer than expected in Daytona or got involved in some illegal activities (possibly held against her will) or something to that notion. (No disrespect intended) and then a couple months later, had all she could take and tried to get back home. I am almost certain it was a truck driver that put her out in a coma in Newton, because this area is very isolated, everybody knows everybody, and if someone saw this young lady in trouble they probably would have tried to step in, out of a nosy but caring nature. I wonder if she was found during the night, or if it happened in broad daylight? I travel the stretch she was found almost daily, en route from work, and often wonder. The only thing that confuses me, is the tag found that said "Allison Miles" (sp?) Who was that? And was her name Allison Miles and was this actually not Billie Jean? The stretch marks, the hair and eye color, the time frame, the pillow found in hotel rooms, all add up to me. Or, it could have been someone who was never even reported, possibly off of I-10 or from Dothan, AL? But honestly I just feel in my gut this is Ms. Hall.

I believe I just got the run around when I submitted this a few years back and never got a clear yes or no....

Did anyone submit to the Baker County Sheriff's office? If not, I will send an email with Billie Jean Hall's info.

I wonder also why the UID"s NamUS file was pulled?

It wouldn't hurt to send an email. I will say, it may do more good to submit information to the Maryland State Police about the UID, because the GBI will not get in a hurry about responding, nor give any information. I submitted some, what I felt was useful information and probably had not been looked into, and was never contacted back nor do I think that information was used. (This was in a separate Georgia case.) The Baker County Sheriff's office I have never dealt with firsthand, but I may give a call down there, since I do live in the area, and just explain that I look into these types of things into my free time.

I would also like to know why she was removed from Namus; is there something we don't know? As far as I know she is still listed in the "unidentified remains" section on the GBI website.

I just sent an email and attached a read receipt to it so I at least know if it was read. If I do not hear anything with them by tomorrow, I will contact the MD State Police.

Thanks for bringing this back up, I totally forgot about this case. If you want to call, feel free too also...

Along with the email, I sent the link to both Billie Jean's Charley Project profile along with her NamUs one.

I just sent an email and attached a read receipt to it so I at least know if it was read. If I do not hear anything with them by tomorrow, I will contact the MD State Police.

Thanks for bringing this back up, I totally forgot about this case. If you want to call, feel free too also...

Along with the email, I sent the link to both Billie Jean's Charley Project profile along with her NamUs one.

Well almost 2 weeks later, I haven't heard a word back from Baker County Sheriff's office, I am not surprised...

I just sent an email to the Cold Case Investigator that is listed on Billie's NamUs profile. I have attached a read receipt to this one also, hopefully I will have better luck!!!

Well almost 2 weeks later, I haven't heard a word back from Baker County Sheriff's office, I am not surprised...

I just sent an email to the Cold Case Investigator that is listed on Billie's NamUs profile. I have attached a read receipt to this one also, hopefully I will have better luck!!!

That emailed that I sent to the Cold Case Investigator bounced back as undeliverable, so I sent the email to Pamela Reid, who is listed as the Regional Administrator. Hopefully I will hear something!!

That emailed that I sent to the Cold Case Investigator bounced back as undeliverable, so I sent the email to Pamela Reid, who is listed as the Regional Administrator. Hopefully I will hear something!!

I received this email back from Pamela Reid.

Thank you for contacting us. I know this potential match has been suggested several times over the years. I would like a definitive exclusion to post so that we do not keep returning to this because the time, location and demographics does make it an appealing comparison.

I then went and asked her why this UID's profile isn't listed in NamUs anymore. She said she is going to take a look into it, she couldn't find it in the archives either.

So out of 3 people I contacted yesterday for possible matches, I heard back from 2. Not bad!!

Thanks Greeneyedsoul:

She has little bit of a different look in the Postmortem than the recons. You know who she looks very much like is Brenda Joan Szabo. Brenda would be ruled out due to tattoos though.

But if we are going to look at Billie Jean Hall based on the premise that they may have failed to list important details (such as medical hardware), maybe they should look at Brenda Szabo based on the premise that they may have failed to mention tattoos.

szabo_brenda.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/szabo_brenda.html

Also, I wish I could find a photo of Christine Teresa Huyer. She fits the description quite well.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3127/192

I looked up Christine in Ancestry. It indicates that she was married on 03-Nov-1980. There is also a newspaper article in a Bowling Green KY newspaper indicating that she had pled guilty to attempted automobile theft in 1979, and was sentenced to 12 months in county jail.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...CUqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_EYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5864,3057874

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back