Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
bolding mine.
Maybe ?
Someone wasn't happy with the grandma having custody, and iirc, the older brother was also under g-ma's custody ?
Was g-ma trying to get custody of the new baby girl ?
Causing tension ?
Not at all g-ma's fault if she was trying to make sure her grands were safe !
M00.
Trying to catch up. Is the age of the older brother known?

Exactly! Add that the mother lied to LE about Quinton being picked up by his father.
Not to mention but didn't the boyfriend who said he saw Q at 6am also say the mother was sleeping until 9 and that's when she noticed Q missing? Yet isn't she the one who supposedly texted the sitter around 5:30am that she wasn't needed? Dear God!

Quick question: I have not caught up yet, but one of the articles says grandma and grandpa, mother, boyfriend and 3 kids live in the house....correct?
Grandma has custody of Quinton and older brother and was working out of state........
Served eviction notice on daughter and boyfriend last week......
My question...was grandpa at the house when Quinton went missing?
TYIA sorry if asked and answered.....I am behind!

Quick question: I have not caught up yet, but one of the articles says grandma and grandpa, mother, boyfriend and 3 kids live in the house....correct?
Grandma has custody of Quinton and older brother and was working out of state........
Served eviction notice on daughter and boyfriend last week......
My question...was grandpa at the house when Quinton went missing?
TYIA sorry if asked and answered.....I am behind!

Grandpa was also out of town.

Legal tenancy is VERY easily established, and legally you can't just kick a tenant out, you have to give 30-60 day notice to vacate and then evict if they don't comply. It would VERY likely be illegal for her to kick her daughter out and change the locks, even if the daughter did not have children.

Edit: Georgia courts have inferred tenancy after as little as two weeks of residency.
Would it matter if there was a legal reason why the mother did not have custody of her children? In Alabama, if you are deemed to be an unsafe parent, you cannot live in the same house as the child or children you have lost custody of.

Just a thought, if Quinton did somehow escape a playpen AND open a door and leave… I think the door would be left open or at least cracked. I can’t imagine a child that young and that curious about the door thinking to (or even being able to) fully shut it behind them. So at 9am, was the door open or closed? I’m sure any of the adults awakening to a door left open would notice. Especially with a child not there, that detail would stand out.

I can’t believe he got out of there alone and didn’t leave a trace. And with the other kids (and boyfriend for a time?) home, how could someone break in and steal him without catching any attention or disturbing anything? Does anyone have house keys that wasn’t reportedly there (not including the grandparents ofc)?

Just going by the way this is being handled, I think that's extremely unlikely. This just isn't being treated like a kidnapping IMO, and they typically don't take chances.
I just wanted to mention that kidnapping, while possibly considered early-on, was probably ruled out quickly by LE.

IMO, it simply does not seem to fit with what we have seen and heard within hours of even the first several hours after the call to LE. The investigation seems to be going in an entirely different direction by LE et al, almost from the beginning.

I just watched the babysitter get interviewed and she said that she got a text at 5.29am saying that she was not needed to babysit that day. She then got a text at 9am asking if she has seen Quinton? She immediately went to the house but the parents did NOT want her to help search for Quinton??

IMO something happened to Quinton before 5.29am, sorry to state the obvious.

Interview with babysitter.

Reporter - Earlier tonight I talked with the toddler's babysitter. She is sharing her concerns tonight...

Babysitter - I've been keeping Quinton and Z for 6 months. I kept them yesterday and they went home last night.

Reporter - Diana M says she babysits little Quinton and his siblings and was supposed to watch them this morning. She said she was confused as to why plans would change so suddenly.

Babysitter - Got a text this morning, saying that they would not be here. I would not be babysitting them at 5:29. Which was kind of odd because I have them even when she doesn't work.

Reporter - 30 minutes later, 6:00 am., was the last reported sighting of Quinton, according to police. Diana says other family members asked her where Quinton might be.

Babysitter - And then I get a text at 9:00 saying 'Have I seen Quinton?'. I immediately go to their house. I try to help them look, they didn't want that. So, I've just been waiting around, like everybody else.

Reporter - Diana and other neighbours are shocked by the news and wonder what could have happened to little Quinton.

Babysitter - My heart is broken. I'm not his mother, I'm not his family but I love him very much and I just don't know what could've happened. The police did a really good job of looking and... where does a 1 year old go? They've covered a lot of ground.
Listening to this the sitter said " I received a text that they would not be here and I will not be babysitting at 5:29 which I found odd because I have them even when she doesn't work" Who did she receive the text from?

I know that the bf supposedly saw Quinton at 6am, and the mom didnt miss him until about 9am apparently. Was the bf still there, or had he already left, to perhaps go to work? (does he have a job?) If so, if it was known already by 5:29 that the babysitter wasn't going to be needed, then something happened either the night before, or that morning before that time, it seems. Really would love to know if bf was gone when Mom woke up and what time he left if he was. I sure hope there may be Ring cameras closeby that might show something helpful about any movements from house. MO

Last edited:
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED

around Feb 2021
Q born (14)

around Jul 2021
Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

sometime in 2022
Q's younger sister born (14)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

Tue Oct 4

Babysitter DM watched Q & Z (9)

Wedn Oct 5
5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9)

6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend (14); According to grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)

9:00AM [or 9:30AM? (14)] - Reported missing by mother (1) who said he was in his playpen (5); Babysitter DM receives text asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9)

9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)

12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)

2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)

2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)

3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)

5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)

6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)

[TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)

10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)

[TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10)

PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)

PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)

[TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)

PM - Grandmother BH arrived home but with crime scene tape up, had to stay in a motel (14)

[TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)

[TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6
5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)

10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)

11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)

AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14)

SOURCES

(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
I just started following an hour ago, so this was incredibly helpful. Thank you for taking the time to pull this together. Much appreciated!

This Video is so heartbreaking.

There is also a press release from Chief Hadley on the same link

According to the Chief, the boyfriend is the one who was up with Quinton at 6am. Mom woke up around 9am.

Hmmmm... reading between the lines here... but I'm pretty sure I know what happened. Always some truth in every lie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow