Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through the house with flashlights means they either do not have power at that house or they are using luminal and black lights.
I think it's your last theory, as I've seen them do this in lots of cases where a home is a potential crime scene. So I agree, they're looking for biological evidence.

I am quite impressed by the number of agencies, neighbors, etc., that are in on this search -- local LE, FBI, search dogs, and folks who live in and know the neighborhood, etc. So glad to see it -- and they were there very quickly.

If that little guy was running around in his yard on previous days, someone may have been riding by and may have seen him -- and possibly could have come back and taken him. If that happened, we may never see him again.
At this point anything is possible. Where is that little guy?

I am quite impressed by the number of agencies, neighbors, etc., that are in on this search -- local LE, FBI, search dogs, and folks who live in and know the neighborhood, etc. So glad to see it -- and they were there very quickly.

If that little guy was running around in his yard on previous days, someone may have been riding by and may have seen him -- and possibly could have come back and taken him. If that happened, we may never see him again.
At this point anything is possible. Where is that little guy?
Just going by the way this is being handled, I think that's extremely unlikely. This just isn't being treated like a kidnapping IMO, and they typically don't take chances.

This article and video that was originally posted by @watcher9 gives interesting information from the mother's step-father.

“My stepdaughter, her boyfriend, three kids and her brother,” Howell said were inside the home when Quinton went missing.

Howell says the theory that Quinton simply wandered off is puzzling.

“I’ve never seen him open a door,” Howell said. “The oldest one has opened the door and came out but he’s never opened a door. So, I mean that’s what’s crazy about everything.”

Howell said his step-daughter claims that Quinton’s father came and picked the little boy up, something police have ruled out and Howell admits doesn’t add up.

WSAV has learned that Quinton’s mom and others in the house Wednesday morning are at the CCPD headquarters being questioned.

This is the first mention I have seen that along with Quinton and his mother, there are two more adults and three more children in the household. I wonder how old the other children are, specifically if they are old enough to be questioned. The grandfather says that the oldest one can open the door, so if only the oldest can open the door they must be quite young. Are all of the adults and children supposed to have been sleeping when Quentin disappeared?

This article and video that was originally posted by @watcher9 gives interesting information from the mother's step-father.

“My stepdaughter, her boyfriend, three kids and her brother,” Howell said were inside the home when Quinton went missing.

Howell says the theory that Quinton simply wandered off is puzzling.

“I’ve never seen him open a door,” Howell said. “The oldest one has opened the door and came out but he’s never opened a door. So, I mean that’s what’s crazy about everything.”

Howell said his step-daughter claims that Quinton’s father came and picked the little boy up, something police have ruled out and Howell admits doesn’t add up.

WSAV has learned that Quinton’s mom and others in the house Wednesday morning are at the CCPD headquarters being questioned.

This is the first mention I have seen that along with Quinton and his mother, there are two more adults and three more children in the household. I wonder how old the other children are, specifically if they are old enough to be questioned. The grandfather says that the oldest one can open the door, so if only the oldest can open the door they must be quite young. Are all of the adults and children supposed to have been sleeping when Quentin disappeared?
Wait. Huh? She claims the Dad picked him up but also reports him missing to authorities??

This poor sweet innocent baby…

Wait. Huh? She claims the Dad picked him up but also reports him missing to authorities??

This poor sweet innocent baby…
Quoting myself to say upon reading that again, I think the grandfather means his stepdaughter is telling them that this is what she believes may have happened.

ETA: Not necessarily what I believe that she believes. But I digress.

Based on the limited info we have gotten thus far it seems like mother saw him at 6am, placed him in a playpen, went back to sleep, and then on waking again at 9, found he was no longer in the playpen. My kids were all early walkers so I can see a 20 month old making it out of his playpen on his own. My oldest was nicknamed monkey. in utuero he would hang on my ribs by his toes and after birth that little stinkpot was into everything and climbing everything everywhere. Gave me some serious scares with his antics.

Quinton wandering out of his home and away seems less likely to me without assistance, but I guess it could happen.

I have lots of questions and not many answers. I hope this little guy is okay and found soon.

ETA As to search warrant, unfortunately LE have learned even if parent gives permission for a search of residence for the child, if it turns out later there was some sort of foul play involved, prosecution demands that a search warrant be obtained to remove anything that may be considered evidence. Its a t crossed i dotted thing MOOO
I hope if there is a toy chest in the home it is checked.

“It’s been rough, it’s been real rough,” said Thomas Howell, Quinton’s grandfather, making his stepdaughter the little boy’s mom. “He’s a great kid. Smart. Always, smiling,” Howell said. “I mean, he lights your life up.”

This has been a nightmare, for him. Howell was out of town when he got the news and his wife is still driving in from out of state. The house, surrounded by crime scene tape, is owned by Howell and his wife.

Howell says the theory that Quinto simply wandered off is puzzling.

Howell told WSAV that his family is so thankful for the people who came out to help search Wednesday.

Apologies if this has already been posted. Just catching up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
“It’s been rough, it’s been real rough,” said Thomas Howell, Quinton’s grandfather, making his stepdaughter the little boy’s mom. “He’s a great kid. Smart. Always, smiling,” Howell said. “I mean, he lights your life up.”

This has been a nightmare, for him. Howell was out of town when he got the news and his wife is still driving in from out of state. The house, surrounded by crime scene tape, is owned by Howell and his wife.

Howell says the theory that Quinto simply wandered off is puzzling.

Howell told WSAV that his family is so thankful for the people who came out to help search Wednesday.

Apologies if this has already been posted. Just catching up now.
Omg.

"Howell said his step-daughter claims that Quinton’s father came and picked the little boy up, something police have ruled out and Howell admits doesn’t add up."

Well, we know exactly how this ends now.

Omg.

"Howell said his step-daughter claims that Quinton’s father came and picked the little boy up, something police have ruled out and Howell admits doesn’t add up."

Well, we know exactly how this ends now.
Omg is right...... So many people in the house and one tiny boy vanished.
I'm not sure I can take another heartbreaker tonight.

Children of that age and even up to much older tend to wake at dawn and full of beans. You cannot just plonk them in a cot and go back to sleep. At 20 months this child would still have a night nappy, would need to be changed and fed,
ditto feeding of others.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members