Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Alabama, if you have lost custody of previous children, you can't keep your newborn children either.
I assume both mom and grandmother would have been told this by the court and/or their attorneys. I don’t know
AWP's search methods and sonar only work for cars underwater. That wouldn't be helpful in this case, as far as we know.
of course. You’re right. And I knew that just temporarily forgot in my sadness for that poor grandmother.

Update 1:45 p.m.: Police say their investigation will continue into the weekend.

Police: Detectives working 18-20 hour days, pond searched in hopes of finding Savannah toddler​

A statement issued by CCPD Friday afternoon read, in part, "Detectives are working 18-20 hour days and some localized outdoor searches continue, including a search today of a pond."

The specific location of the pond was not given. It has been searched by law enforcement, utilizing waders and poles. Authorities say it has presented too many dangers to send in a dive team at this time.
Police: Detectives working 18-20 hour days, pond searched in hopes of finding Savannah toddler

CCPD announced an update on the search for Simon as of Friday afternoon. Police Chief Jeff Hadley was asked if dive teams were out searching for Simon on Friday.

According to police, the pond that they wanted to search had too many weeds and hazards to dive in, so they instead searched it using waders and poles.

Chatham County Police in 3rd day searching for missing toddler, Quinton Simon

Last edited:
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

around 2019
- Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18 @ 1:35)

around Feb 2021
- Q born - current age 20 months (14)

around Jul 2021
- Grandmother BH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

sometime in 2022
- Mother LS moved in with her mother BH and Q's younger sister was born (14)

around Apr 2022
- Babysitter DM begins watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

Fri Sep 16
- Sheriff's office mailed Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
- Grandmother BH leaves for 3-week work assignment in IL; hopes to get back before evicted daughter LS and daughter's boyfriend DY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
- believed that Mother LS and Mother's Boyfriend DY received eviction notice from Grandmother BH (14)

Tue Oct 4
- Babysitter DM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9 @ 0:30)

Wedn Oct 5: SEARCH DAY ONE
  • 5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9 @ 0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by mother's boyfriend DY (14); According to step-grandfather TH (who owns the house but was out of town; wife is still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)
  • 9:00AM - Babysitter DM receives text asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9 @ 1:03)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17 @ 2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by mother (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - Step-grandfather TH arrived home from out of town (16 @ 0:02)
  • 3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10 @ 1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - Grandmother BH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from Babysitter DM (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: SEARCH DAY TWO
  • 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17 @ 1:35)
  • 3:30AM - Grandmother BH arrived home (16 @ 0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17 @ 1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12) and locked sheds on grandfather's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18 @ 0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - Grandmother BH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - Chief Jeff Hadley states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • Neighbors claim Mother LS and Mother's boyfriend DY returned to residence that morning after questioning; arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - Biological father on his way to Savannah from out of town to help search (18 @ 1:50)

Fri Oct 7: SEARCH DAY THREE
  • 10:00AM - Chief Jeff Hadley gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS
Definitely disappointed that there wasn't more info in this morning's LE update, but I appreciate that they're making the updates nonetheless.

I just have to say that the evil trolling of these family members on social media is just so disgusting.........

I hope LE is providing them assistance.... psychological and safety.....
agreed. I continue to pray for Billie Jo and Tommy, they are taking a social media beating and it is hard to watch. I can't imagine how stressful it is for them to be dealing with L and D under that roof right now with Q missing and L and D playing dumb. I would want to do physical violence, my child or no, if they wouldn't tell me where that grandbaby was. The stress of that situation, when they were already at odds before Q went missing.

Can someone local help me with something? This may have been researched before, but I've been trying to find out what day their trash service is. I think trash was collected the morning Quinton went missing.

Based on this website:

This map:

And this service schedule:

How can we know for sure? If it really was trash day the morning he was reported missing, I hope they are searching landfills. :(

I'm sure that this is covered in investigative protocol. In these parts, trash isn't just randomly deposited into a general heap, but each area has a specific zone in the dump where there trash is placed, making it possible to trace something, or worse, someone, should the need arise.

Ugh, I wish we'd get an update about the pond search. IMO there's always a chance that regardless of the toxic environment in that house (as described by the grandparents) little Quinton simply wandered off and ended up in the water. :(

C'mon msm, give us some coverage!!

this confuses the heck out of me. The tweet seems to indicate that some unnamed uncle of Quinton's told police LAST MONTH that Quinton's mom Leilani steals for a drug habit. Won't surprise me, but I am confused as to why the uncle would be discussing LS with LE last month, prior to this baby being missing?? What am I missing here? Who is this uncle and what reason did he have to be discussing LS with the law weeks before his nephew was reported missing?

this confuses the heck out of me. The tweet seems to indicate that some unnamed uncle of Quinton's told police LAST MONTH that Quinton's mom Leilani steals for a drug habit. Won't surprise me, but I am confused as to why the uncle would be discussing LS with LE last month, prior to this baby being missing?? What am I missing here? Who is this uncle and what reason did he have to be discussing LS with the law weeks before his nephew was reported missing?

I think the police did say they had been called to the house twice before, but not related to a child's disappearance.
This was possibly one of those times?

Maybe in case someone tries too shift the blame?
I can't recall where I read it but something early on when the babysitter was first interviewed led me to believe she resides nearby. Can't provide a link and can't recall why I had that impression.

But if she DOES live nearby I would imagine garbage throughout the neighborhood was checked in the initial searches that day, meaning hers and everyone else's

Ugghh, not again?
This right here should have had investigators bringing every adult in that house in for questioning right then and there if the mom telling LE his dad must have just walked in and picked him up. Wow! I'm sorry but but why wouldn't she have called the baby's father? Why would he just walk into her house and take the baby without telling anyone? Why was the door not locked? When she wouldn't let the babysitter help search or ask her to watch the other kids so they could search that tells you right there that mom knows exactly where that baby is and she does not want him found!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member