GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

Vail

Justice for Kara & Jessica
Reaction score
A new wave of protests broke out in the city after Rayshard Brooks, 27, died after police shot him in a Wendy’s car park on Friday night. The fired police officer has been named as Garrett Rolfe. The police department released body camera and dash camera footage from both officers.

The Wendy's was torched last night and Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigned.

What happened?
According to the GBI, LE officers were responding to a complaint of a man sleeping in a car blocking the drive-through at the Wendy’s restaurant, and that Rayshard Brooked failed a sobriety test, and then resisted arrest.

The GBI Brooks had taken a Taser from one of the officers during a struggle, and appeared to have pointed it at the officer as he tried to run away from the police. The officer then opened fire with his gun.

Pictured here on body cam before he was shot
29585600-8418741-image-a-34_1592114504007.jpg

Brooks was a father of four and had celebrated a daughter's eighth birthday Friday before he was killed.

Up to the minute:
Minute-by-minute: Officer who shot Rayshard Brooks has been fired

PICTURED: Atlanta cop Garrett Rolfe who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks outside of Wendy's | Daily Mail Online

______

GA - Rayshard Brooks, Wendy’s, Jun 2020, Officer charged MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE

______

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Generalized bashing of law enforcement is not allowed. Stick to discussing LE as it relates specifically to this case and don't make blanket derogatory statements about LE.

Thanks.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is to discuss the case involving Rayshard Books. It is not a thread to discuss racism or policing in general.

Unless your post relates specifically to this case, it is off topic and will be removed.

This thread is like every other thread. It is a dedicated thread to discuss the killing of Rayshard Brooks and the officers involved in this specific case. It does not exist to discuss politics or to engage in the generalized bashing of LE.

Off topic posts will be removed, and if your post is deemed politicizing, Warning points will be issued that remain on a member's account permanently.

What makes you think that? They could support BLM.
They could also be Bugaloos (anti-government group). It was a tantalizing for many to think that BLM or Antifa were behind the shootings of LEOs in California. Turns out that was wrong. Alleged ‘Boogaloo’ extremist charged in killing of federal officer

I don't think the Wendy's fire was about destruction for the sake of destruction. I think they did it to discredit people protesting for justice...because it is just too easy for some people to link violence, black people, and civil rights protestors together in their minds. It works every time on those who do not want or do not care about justice and reform. JMO

Just wondering what comes next
Has an arrest warrant been issued yet?
When will the GBI release the findings of their investigations?
I don't think the warrant has been public yet and I saw on the news they were supposed to turn themselves in. I am worried the GBI investigation will be suppressed if their results do not mirror what the DA has publicly stated happened in the presser yesterday. I do expect their investigation will be thorough.
JMO

I wonder, could a police department go on strike, or do a protest? Or could they all just walk off their jobs? Are they allowed to do that? LOL as I write this, it sounds like a silly question, but if you don't ask you won't know.

So I just read Simply Southern's post. So they would just call in sick. Thanks :)

They could also be Bugaloos (anti-government group). It was a tantalizing for many to think that BLM or Antifa were behind the shootings of LEOs in California. Turns out that was wrong. Alleged ‘Boogaloo’ extremist charged in killing of federal officer

I don't think the Wendy's fire was about destruction for the sake of destruction. I think they did it to discredit people protesting for justice...because it is just too easy for some people to link violence, black people, and civil rights protestors together in their minds. It works every time on those who do not want or do not care about justice and reform. JMO
So you think white women burnt down Wendy's for it to be blamed on the BLM protesters? Isn't that a bit of a reach? The gas station also got looted and burnt down too I think.

Just wondering what comes next
Has an arrest warrant been issued yet?
When will the GBI release the findings of their investigations?

I believe the DA said that he had the warrants during the press conference and the officers had until today to turn themselves in.

I found this very interesting....the GBI doesn’t automatically investigated every officer involved shooting. They have to be asked to investigated. They were asked by the APD Friday night 6/12 to investigate the shooting. The Atlanta police chief, who was vocal about her displeasure with DA Howard’s treatment the 6 Atlanta officers charged with tasing the college students, resigned Sat, 6/13. IMO, The chief asked the GBI to investigate and then resigned the next day because she knew how the DA would behave and she wanted no part of it. The DA did not ask the GBI to investigate. I do not think he wanted them to investigate, which is why he announced charges so swiftly without notifying the GBI. The GBI has to turn the reports in to the DA office when they are complete. I have a feeling those results may never make it to evidence given Howard’s actions in the past. IMO

“On Friday, June 12, 2020, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the Atlanta Police Department (APD) to investigate an officer involved shooting. ”
GBI Investigates Officer Involved Shooting in Atlanta

“Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigned her position Saturday afternoon, less than 24 hours after an APD officer shot and killed Rayshard Brooks after a struggle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant on the city's south side.”
Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigns after officer shoots, kills Rayshard Brooks | News | cbs46.com

I don't think the warrant has been public yet and I saw on the news they were supposed to turn themselves in. I am worried the GBI investigation will be suppressed if their results do not mirror what the DA has publicly stated happened in the presser yesterday. I do expect their investigation will be thorough.
JMO
Yes, in the transcript I posted they have to turn themselves in by 6 p.m.
I will put the transcript in the media thread, unless you already have?

So you think white women burnt down Wendy's for it to be blamed on the BLM protesters? Isn't that a bit of a reach? The gas station also got looted and burnt down too I think.
I think it is very possible, IMHO, that they did want to create blame for their actions to fall on the BLM protesters. I hope they are found soon. These 2 most definitely need to be held to blame for their actions.

Sad, but our whole country is in such a divisive tail spin now. I'm not trying to be political. It is a noticeable fact everywhere. The angst is felt across our country. This is not just racial, and BLM vs " white privileged". This is also not just Antifa vs Bugaloo, nor is it all against the Police. This is not just left vs right. The divisiveness is rampant and spreading wildly out of control.

I wonder, could a police department go on strike, or do a protest? Or could they all just walk off their jobs? Are they allowed to do that? LOL as I write this, it sounds like a silly question, but if you don't ask you won't know.

So I just read Simply Southern's post. So they would just call in sick. Thanks :)

LE can't work if ill from high blood pressure, elevated blood sugars, stomach issues, and many more conditions. It's up to a physician to determine. And the nice thing ...most of the medical information is suppress under family medical leave act.

Short and long term disability will cover most officers.

MOO...

Thank you and yes, it is in the media thread - appreciate you getting that for us. no doubt about what DA Howard said in the presser.
JMO
FYI - sometimes the media thread (no discussion) is hard to find - in this case it is in the Crimes in the News Media only

A new wave of protests broke out in the city after Rayshard Brooks, 27, died after police shot him in a Wendy’s car park on Friday night. The fired police officer has been named as Garrett Rolfe. The police department released body camera and dash camera footage from both officers.

The Wendy's was torched last night and Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigned.

What happened?
According to the GBI, LE officers were responding to a complaint of a man sleeping in a car blocking the drive-through at the Wendy’s restaurant, and that Rayshard Brooked failed a sobriety test, and then resisted arrest.

The GBI Brooks had taken a Taser from one of the officers during a struggle, and appeared to have pointed it at the officer as he tried to run away from the police. The officer then opened fire with his gun.

Pictured here on body cam before he was shot
29585600-8418741-image-a-34_1592114504007.jpg

Brooks was a father of four and had celebrated a daughter's eighth birthday Friday before he was killed.

Up to the minute:
Minute-by-minute: Officer who shot Rayshard Brooks has been fired

PICTURED: Atlanta cop Garrett Rolfe who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks outside of Wendy's | Daily Mail Online

Yes it is there - thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it is very possible, IMHO, that they did want to create blame for their actions to fall on the BLM protesters. I hope they are found soon. These 2 most definitely need to be held to blame for their actions.

I'm sorry I wasn't around before the last thread was closed, so I can't quote the initial responses to my op. It seemed to me that the woman in black mini with purple sweater wasn't there for support or solidarity, because she was smiling in some of the photos. IMO, she did it for the thrill, not as a reaction to perceived injustice.

As you guys noted, we don't know the motivation for the two white women who were involved in the restaurant fire, but there are so many possibilities. Maybe investigators will be able to catch them and find reason for motive on one of their phones.

What should happen is for anyone, and everyone who have participated in any of this extreme violence, and harm should all be found, arrested, and if convicted, sent to prison for a long time, and if they murdered anyone or attempted to murder anyone they deserve to be sentenced to life in prison or even the death penalty if it's a death penalty option state.

We are a country of law, and order so none who've participated in all the horrible violence we've seen displayed in city after city, day after day, week after week should getaway Scot free. Serial arsonists should serve LWOP. Imo.

Anyone who has deliberately injured anyone should also serve hard time, including those who have attacked, and injured over a 1000 of our police officers.

They did arrest the cold blooded murderer of the black retired police captain didn't they?

What violent group were they with since it's always a mob of people there when all the violence is happening? Do you know if the state where he was murdered has the death penalty? If so, the harshest sentence available is so deserved, and nothing less. This included giving the suspect the DP for murdering the federal officer you have mentioned.

ALL need to pay a harsh price for they felonies they have each committed. When many of the injured, and assaults against so many of our LE the suspects were in the middle of committing other serious felonies at the time.

Also all cases like the poor elderly woman who was seen walking down the street doing absolutely nothing wrong, yet was blindsided by a black male offender, who unmercifully assaulted her for no reason at all other than he wanted to..he needs to be charged with a hate crime along with other serious charges.

Everyone else during these riots who has specifically targeted anyone because of their race or for any other hate filled reason should have hate crimes charges also. Hate crime laws arent only for one race or group or category. In fact more hate crimes have been done against Jewish people.

So there is so much blind hatred in our country now against all races. It's not just one race who is being falsely accused or racially discrimated against based solely on the color of their skin, profession, or where they may live. Sadly racism crosses all races.

So for equal justice to be done ALL lawbreakers must be held equally accountable no matter their race. I dont care if they are this group you've mentioned or Antifa or BLM or just a bunch of criminals already with a violent history.

They all are equally accountable if they are partucipating in any part of the lawless mob we've been subjected to for weeks now.

So we will see if people who witnessed these horrific criminal acts by being right there if do they do the right thing, and call 911, and turnover all cell phone footage.

If not, it shows they are just as vile, and support the violent acts that have repeatedly been done which is ruining our country. Protecting them means they fully condone
, and approves of all these hideous criminal behaviors.

Lock all lawbreakers up in each, and every city. That is the only way to stop this madness, and restore law, and order where people will once again feel safe in their own communities like we all deserve.

It didnt take long for these 2 officers to be charged. Arrest of all others involved in breaking the law in any manner for weeks now. It will show everyone will be equally treated under the law as it should be if they break any of our laws.

Jmho

Atlanta protesters 'take over gas station after being chased off freeway'

This mentions the freeway and the gas station being taken over.

The new figures mean that there were 42 arrests in the city over the weekend, according to local reports.

Protesters took over a gas stationCredit: EPA

Demonstrations continued through the rainCredit: EPA
Over the weekend, protesters took over the Downtown Connector route and blocked all of the traffic.

But when they were later chased off the highway, demonstrators took over a local gas station.

In photographs, Atlanta locals could be seen climbing on top of vehicles that were stationed near the gas pumps.

The gas station was near a Wendy's restaurant, which was destroyed.

A protester wearing a 'Black Lives Matter' t-shirt holds her hands upCredit: EPA

Protesters took over the freewayCredit: EPA

A State Trooper sprays a protester with pepper spray after a group went on the interstate freewayCredit: EPA
Unrest in the city erupted following the death of Rayshard Brooks.

Brooks, who was 27, died after he was shot a total of three times in the back by an Atlanta police officer after he fell asleep at a Wendy's drive-thru on Friday night.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) have released a 46-minute surveillance video of Wendy's car park.

I believe the DA said that he had the warrants during the press conference and the officers had until today to turn themselves in.

I found this very interesting....the GBI doesn’t automatically investigated every officer involved shooting. They have to be asked to investigated. They were asked by the APD Friday night 6/12 to investigate the shooting. The Atlanta police chief, who was vocal about her displeasure with DA Howard’s treatment the 6 Atlanta officers charged with tasing the college students, resigned Sat, 6/13. IMO, The chief asked the GBI to investigate and then resigned the next day because she knew how the DA would behave and she wanted no part of it. The DA did not ask the GBI to investigate. I do not think he wanted them to investigate, which is why he announced charges so swiftly without notifying the GBI. The GBI has to turn the reports in to the DA office when they are complete. I have a feeling those results may never make it to evidence given Howard’s actions in the past. IMO

“On Friday, June 12, 2020, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the Atlanta Police Department (APD) to investigate an officer involved shooting. ”
GBI Investigates Officer Involved Shooting in Atlanta

“Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigned her position Saturday afternoon, less than 24 hours after an APD officer shot and killed Rayshard Brooks after a struggle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant on the city's south side.”
Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigns after officer shoots, kills Rayshard Brooks | News | cbs46.com
wow -BBM - that never even occurred to me - The Chief stepped down rather than be involved in prosecuting an officer who may be justified ? wow - great post @Abp5 - giving me something to think about now.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan