GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by LEO, Wendy’s parking lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 CHARGED #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Vail, Jun 14, 2020.

1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I apologize for any confusion. If he testifies I'm sure the DA will ask him questions which may let him explain what was in his mind at the time.

Also the grand jurors are allowed to ask their questions of any witness called to testify. Imo it would make logical sense when asked certain questions by either the DA or jurors he would be able to answer all questions explaining what happened according to him, and whathis state of mind was at the time causing him to do certain things.

Imo it will be similiar as to when Officer Wilson willingly testified truthfully in his grand jury in Ferguson. He was able to tell the jury what transpired, and why he felt the shooting of Mike Brown was justified.

That is if OR decides to testify. He may not.

Jmho

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020

2. Abp5

Abp5 Well-Known Member

That is a great point and needs to be clarified. I have seen both listed in various articles. I believe there were a couple of felonies listed on his Clayton Co record but the document regarding him going from one state to another stated a violation of probation. I mistakenly typed parole because I was interrupted midway through my post and wasn’t paying attention. I can’t go back and change it now, unfortunately. I apologize.

3. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

I read that he had been let out along with others due to the Covid situation.

4. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

I read that too, but we should have a link.

5. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Let out from where, exactly? A municipal or county jail -- implying probation, or a state prison, implying parole?

Prison, implying parole and a convicted felon assaulting law officers and stealing a weapon....

Mr. Brooks was convicted of unlawful imprisonment and cruelty to a child, IIRC.

A tazer could have been a tool useful to Mr. Brooks in committing either of those crimes.

In Atlanta, a tazer is lethal -- some of the time.

JMHO YMMV LRR

6. Angela_Beckett

Angela_Beckett Lurker Extraordinaire

7. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

A clever prosecutor would never allow Rolfe to explain what was on his mind by asking an open ended question.
    A smart prosecutor would lean towards asking leading questions with yes or no answers knowing what the answer will be in advance in order to sway the jury before he even asks.
    For example, He may ask a question like this...
    "Mr. Rolfe" ( addressing him as that to remind the jury that Rolfe is no longer an "officer" because he was fired) Yes or no, when you discharged your service weapon, was it your intention to shoot Mr. Brooks?"
    The jury on the other hand may ask open ended questions that would let Rolfe explain more in detail.
    So, maybe something like this...
    "Mr. Rolfe, Tell us why you fired your service revolver."

katydid23, SaguaroSpirit and Laughing like this.
  8. Curiosity1234

Curiosity1234 Well-Known Member

He told the officer his girlfriend dropped him off at Wendy's because the rental car ( he had been driving earlier in the day) was parked there. He was lying. He drove the car to Wendy's and got in the drive through line and IMO wasn't sleeping but passed out when the police got there. He passed out again while police were there. The person who called 911 was the one who said he was sleeping. He drove the car to a parking spot in front of the police. He said he didn't know how the car got in the drive through line, another lie.

9. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

ITA. This is lawlessness beyond insanity.
    Why hasn’t the National Guard been called in? I have never heard a good answer to that question.

10. tayaway

tayaway Well-Known Member

neesaki, Rocky1, katydid23 and 6 others like this.
  11. raja

raja Well-Known Member

12. Abp5

Abp5 Well-Known Member

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Natalie White is the name that Brooks repeatedly gave to the officers as the name of the girlfriend that dropped him off at the Wendy’s. You can hear/see on the bodycam video of him talking to the officers. Randy Travis of Fox5 news also made reference Brooks referring to her as his girlfriend on his Fox5 FB page. This is not the woman that is referred to as his wife and the mother of his children.

13. Curiosity1234

Abp5 and oceanblueeyes like this.
  14. Abp5

Abp5 Well-Known Member

He does...it is around the time he is talking about having a daiquiri. The officer questions “not a margarita” because Brooks originally said a margarita. Brooks replies that he had a daiquiri and then says “with Natalie White”. I will see if I can find the time market for it.

15. Curiosity1234

Oh I am sorry, I must have missed that part. I watched two different videos and didn't hear him say her name. I did hear him say his girlfriend was at a motel and he referred to her as babe when he told the officer he called his girlfriend and asked her if she wanted a number 1 or 2 on the menu.

16. oceanblueeyes

Thank you. Great to know they have issued an arrest warrant.

Now if someone will just do the right thing, and call police to tell where she is so she can be arrested.

It said they are also looking for a masked individual.

Imo, I think several were most likely involved like usual in the mob mentality we have seen.

Jmho

17. Abp5

Abp5 Well-Known Member

It gets confusing because there are a few videos. This is the one where I heard it. It is around right around the 35:05 time mark. I believe is speaking to Officer Rolf.

18. oceanblueeyes

Wow!

That is very interesting isn't it?

Jmho

19. oceanblueeyes

Yes it is way beyond insanity.

Because the mayor has no good answer. She said this area is like a summer of love. I guess that means she doesnt care that one 19 year old has been murdered there, and another one in critical condition.

The police did try to go in to investigate, but were pelted with bricks, and rocks by the anarchists, and some are armed with firearms. So this means the murderer is still there being protected, and evidently the mayor doesnt care about that either nor the governor.

Jmho

20. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a probation of his violation. ESPECIALLY being drunk behind the wheel.

neesaki, Sundog, tayaway and 2 others like this.